The Queen of the South thread

24 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

On a completely different subject, I see Dan Pybus has been called up by England (sort of): England C squad named for game with Wales | England Football

Dorking Wanderers? I thought after getting away from AJ holding him back he'd at least have been at an English Championship club by now. Maybe the other managers held him back as well. 

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No sacking today then? 

Looks like he's here for the duration, wherever he might take us.  Bit depressing.

No surprise there. The negligence continues. 

6 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

So have you still got Barley after Bartley has left?

Like a kind of long-Bartley? No, we are still suffering from the original outbreak. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No sacking today then? 

Looks like he's here for the duration, wherever he might take us.  Bit depressing.

Today was the first day I thought there was a small chance the board might actually wake up and punt him, but alas no.

BoD going for the "don't back down, double down" approach to believing everything will be fine in the end. 

this-is.gif.741a512576f3977766499b923d33ccb7.gif

Some of us are just not getting this. Forget all the "responsibilities" malarkey, our board have already publicly jacked it in, they're leaving the Bartley decision to the next lot. He's going nowhere. Can you imagine just how completely demotivated the players will be now. The timing of that announcement, just wow ...

18 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Some of us are just not getting this. Forget all the "responsibilities" malarkey, our board have already publicly jacked it in, they're leaving the Bartley decision to the next lot. He's going nowhere. Can you imagine just how completely demotivated the players will be now. The timing of that announcement, just wow ...

We are sunk aren't we. To think after this Saturday we could be one point off 9th place. It's sickening and very sad for the club and supporters. 

38 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Beggars belief his sacking hasn't been announced this evening.

Maybe the board members have been too busy gaming to get round to sacking him?

8 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Not sure if I've missed something, what announcement?

Maybe don't what to interrupt him while he's doing his analysis of Falkirk and sorting his game plan for Saturday!

I'm dreading this game already.

9 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Probably referring to the announcement at the AGM that the Board is stepping down. 

You just know that we'll somehow fluke a win and that'll he'll then use the post match interview to tear into the social media trolls who doubted his ability. 

7 minutes ago, Swarley said:

You just know that we'll somehow fluke a win and that'll he'll then use the post match interview to tear into the social media trolls who doubted his ability. 

If we do fluke a win, a big big IF granted, I'll quite happily take him giving us the full GIRUY treatment. 

9 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

The board's departure notice at the AGM.

NB - I know you don't agree with my reading of the situation ... and that's OK.

I well remember many moons ago watching the teleprinter on BBC TV on a Saturday when 'DUNDEE 10 (TEN ) Queen of the South 2' came flashing across the screen. You wouldn't think that could happen again, would you? Probably have a problem getting the 2!

1 minute ago, BeeJay said:

I well remember many moons ago watching the teleprinter on BBC TV on a Saturday when 'DUNDEE 10 (TEN ) Queen of the South 2' came flashing across the screen. You wouldn't think that could happen again, would you? Probably have a problem getting the 2!

Was that not way back in the day before substitutions were allowed and we lost our keeper early in the game. I think that may also have been close to the Dees league title winning side and a certain Alan Gilzean who went on to star for Spurs scored a hat trick or more that day. Others might fill in/correct the details ...