The Queen of the South thread

11 hours ago, printer said:

As you should be. Two years for me now and can thoroughly recommend it. 👍

9 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Two years for me as well but got a bit fed up and have taken a wee job at Edinburgh Airport to keep me out of mischief.

Two years for me too ... didn't quite go to plan though.  Three days before retiring crashed on the bike, broke shoulder, 18 months waiting for surgery and now recovering post surgery.  Hey ho - at least I've got the fitba to cheer me up ... 🤔

19 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Two years for me too ... didn't quite go to plan though.  Three days before retiring crashed on the bike, broke shoulder, 18 months waiting for surgery and now recovering post surgery.  Hey ho - at least I've got the fitba to cheer me up ... 🤔

I retired for 2 days 6 years ago and hated it so started a new business. Dead happy. Retirement is the most dangerous job in the world. More people die in that role than any other. 

13 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I retired for 2 days 6 years ago and hated it so started a new business. Dead happy. Retirement is the most dangerous job in the world. More people die in that role than any other. 

Probably cos they're getting older and older people do tend to be more prone to dying. I get your point tho', it's the routine of a working life or at least staying active that keeps you going rather than just vegetating.

4 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Probably cos they're getting older and older people do tend to be more prone to dying. I get your point tho', it's the routine of a working life or at least staying active that keeps you going rather than just vegetating.

Vegetating? ... I'm as busy as I've ever been, or it feels that way.  Back on the bike (aye the shoulder still hurts), mountains to explore, domestic projects, etc etc and loads of fresh air, cannae whack it.

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Anyway, don't suppose there's much hope of Bartley retiring soon is there.

Think he's a wee bit young tbf ...

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Ouch!

How many more points do you see us winning this season?

I don't really know where they will come from but I think 5 with one win and two draws. If I am accurate Annan would need to win 3 matches to overtake us

Screenshot_20240313-223931.thumb.png.59f48160797d7f1cee669e4d4e7111e1.png

31 minutes ago, queenslad said:

How many more points do you see us winning this season?

I don't really know where they will come from but I think 5 with one win and two draws. If I am accurate Annan would need to win 3 matches to overtake us

I'm not sure about us. Possibly a win against Edinburgh but I can't see us picking up many points with any of the other teams. Perhaps a couple of draws like you said. I think Annan will win more than three though if they continue in their current form which suggests four and a half wins (don't know how you get half a win!?) Queens meanwhile... don't even want to think about it. 

Edited by MallanandFlanagan
Add table

Just now, MallanandFlanagan said:

I'm not sure about us. Possibly a win against Edinburgh but I can't see us picking up many points with any of the other teams. Perhaps a couple of draws like you said. I think Annan will win more than three though if they continue in their current form. 

We always play better against the teams above us according to Marvin & Sandra*, so we should really be looking to bag 21 points out of the 24 remaining.  😵‍💫

* and yet despite this "fact", we somehow still always lose to Hamilton and Alloa.

Looking at the fixtures, I think there's a pretty decent chance we're getting nothing from our next 3 games. If Annan and the other troubled sides get anything over that spell, then the danger becomes severe as we enter the last few matches. 

If Annan get any closer to us at all over the next 7 games, which hardly requires an imaginative leap, then it potentially goes to the final league game.  That's not a jolly thought for any Queens fan.

Bartley said of the boo boys giving him stick: “Listen, I have been in football a long time and I understand how things work.

“I understand how they are feeling. I am as frustrated as they are. There is only so much I can do..."

There's one thing you can do mate, pack up your stuff and quit.

Queen of the South boss admits side in relegation dogfight after derby defeat

Help the Queens Trust to grow!

A fantastic opportunity has arisen to purchase some shares in Queen of the South. 

Attached is a link below to the Queens Trust just giving page and watch out for a future auction/raffle and other fundraising activities coming very soon.

All donations or any items for our auction/raffle very greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/queenstrustsharefundraiser?utm_term=d7ZD7jNwx

25 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

What many already knew. And more. 

DSC_3197.JPG

Meanwhile we have a manager convicted of threatening and bullying a girl, and who has moved us to the precipice!!!