The Queen of the South thread

The Queens Trust have received a fantastic and rare opportunity to purchase 480 shares in Queen of the South Football Club. 

The Trust are looking to make this purchase by fundraising close to half the amount required towards the total. There are a couple of fundraisers planned starting with this Just giving page to get it kick started. Please donate if you can every little bit helps. Thank you. Link below…

update: Almost 2/3rds of our just giving target already reached in just two days. Absolutely fantastic! Thank you all. 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/queenstrustsharefundraiser?utm_term=WxbqBvqnQ

4 hours ago, Kunter said:

Someone said there is two sides to every story but we know the court case was the reason he was sacked, pretty obvious, the being told not to play and only manage, that's hard to be a misunderstanding and the medical bills thing , iirc hasn't we had previous for this with other player(s)? 

Id sooner trust Wullie over Hewitson any day if the week.  If you know you know....

I remember that the club refused to pay for an operation for Craig Barr and if I recall correctly he had to arrange and pay for his own rehab away from the club.  Another poor show, albeit from a previous board.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, saw that.

I'd say Montrose have a better chance of extending that gap today than we do.

Monkey tennis - your photo of Ally MacLeod sums up how I feel. Probably even worse news after the Falkirk game when we have a five or six goal dent in our goal difference. 

3 minutes ago, bod said:

Some team selection there Marv!!!

Ah tbf, it's good man management from Bartley IMO. Reilly has been tasked with chasing shadows for the last few weeks. About time he was rested. Big Mumbongo's time to be tasked with it. 

I'd say 4-5-1 but it'll be his usual pish system. 

4 minutes ago, bod said:

Some team selection there Marv!!!

Only one change from last week.  Reilly had to be dropped after committing the cardinal sin of scoring a goal.

Since we beat Annan on 30th Dec we've mustered a further 7 points.

Annan have got 16 and were within seconds of making that 18 this afternoon.

The differences in form heading into the run in is so stark. I just can't see them not overtaking us.

When we get beat next week I'm really hoping for a Montrose win. In my world I'm praying he had "If you don't reach the promotion playoffs yer oot" in his contract. Those two results next week would mean it'd be impossible to achieve and hopefully he can be let go as a result. 

Edited by 19QOS19

The one thing that was in our favour - goal difference - has tonight taken a thumping thanks to Bartley's insistance on persisting with that high line that gifted Falkirk chance after chance.  An absolute tactical shitshow.  I get the feeling Brydon was holding back a lot of criticism of Bartley's tactics in his interview at half time.

The only reason I can guess at for Bartley not having exited yet is because the car booked to drive him away has square wheels and the doors keep falling off.

55 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

The one thing that was in our favour - goal difference - has tonight taken a thumping 

Yip, it's looked like an extra point for us on the league table up to now, but it really doesn't anymore.

If Annan make up the three points on us, it's likely that doing so will also virtually close up the goal difference gap too.  

We're in very serious need of some wins now.

Watched the game tonight on alba and I was actually was quite surprised and impressed with how you played until you went 1-0 up then after that Falkirk showed why they're unbeaten and QOTS showed why they're in a dogfight relegation battle out of the games I've seen QOTS this season it was definitely the most you offered going forward but the defending after taking the lead was absolutely dreadful and way to open against Falkirk.