The Queen of the South thread

51 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

I really wish Sandra would stop being so nice to him asking him easy questions the interviews are really not worth listening too.

Why not ask him why the hell did he put 3 subs on when we had just scored surely better to leave it to let things settle down after the goal then maybe put subs on .

He is a arrogant smart arse of a manager who thinks he is always right.

I could take it more if he came on and said I made a mistake with the subs or got the game plan wrong but he will never do that .

I really think in his smart arse head he is doing a good job .

Every home game it gets worse already have nightmares of our next disaster against Edinburgh .

I'm not trying to be funny (for once), I promise you, but do you think that maybe Bartley suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder, a la Donald Trump? He never seems to accept responsibility for his failings, it is always somebody else's fault etc. etc.

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just had a look on our official site. 
As is well documented Bartley is contracted to May 2025. 
Someone understandably commented yesterday that they can’t wait for the end of the season but a fair number of our underachieving players I.e. Brydon,  Church, Hutchinson, Doherty, Cochrane and McKechnie are also contracted to May 2025. 

Think that's a wee bit harsh on Brydon, quite like the look of him and the lad's been badly hampered by injury this season.

3 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Am sure I suggested this before, but if money is the sole cause for not sacking him now, could we organise a GoFundMe to sack him now? I'd happily donate. 

I would happily donate as well maybe that would show Bartley and the board how pissed off we all are .

On fans this does the players no good shouting abuse at them okay certain players are not good enough but surely try and support them.

Away from this does anybody have the half time draw number if I win I will donate it to the Bartley sack fund !!!

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm not trying to be funny (for once), I promise you, but do you think that maybe Bartley suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder, a la Donald Trump? He never seems to accept responsibility for his failings, it is always somebody else's fault etc. etc.

Possibly. You can absolutely guarantee that once he does leave he'll be on the tv that afternoon telling everyone how none of it was his fault and he was forced out the club by internet trolls and players who'd rather play FIFA on their PS5s. 

13 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just had a look on our official site. 
As is well documented Bartley is contracted to May 2025. 
Someone understandably commented yesterday that they can’t wait for the end of the season but a fair number of our underachieving players I.e. Brydon,  Church, Hutchinson, Doherty, Cochrane and McKechnie are also contracted to May 2025. 

Happy if Brydon can stay fit that he's still here and I like Cochrane. Hard to judge Church so hopefully he can stay fit next season. Doherty and Hutchinson as our starting strikers is a terrifying thought though. And I've ran out of time for McKechnie tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Managers of professional football clubs often tend to have big egos and don't lack in self-confidence, it's almost a pre-requisite to be able to command a dressing room of professional players who often similarly have big egos and plenty self-confidence, but aye our Martin thinks he's the bees knees for sure and doesn't strike me as the listening type.

48 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I never listen to Bartleys's interviews because they are a waste of time and I don't expect probing questions to be asked by the interviewer because she is basically a Club puppet. It's like a lot of things happening about the Club just now, tired and lethargic, it's just become a matter of routine to have an interview but the content doesn't seem to matter.

I've given up ... I just don't watch them any more.

He's the kind of colleague that everyone is really wary of because you know that he'd throw you under a bus to save himself. Nothing is ever his fault. However, no matter how much he is convinced of his own ability, the rest of us know that he is just a complete incompetent.

He has sucked out all of my enthusiasm, which I wouldn't have thought possible!

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Happy if Brydon can stay fit that he's still here and I like Cochrane. Hard to judge Church so hopefully he can stay fit next season. Doherty and Hutchinson as our starting strikers is a terrifying thought though. And I've ran out of time for McKechnie tbh. 

Agree - I think a competent manager/good coach could get a decent tune out of Cochrane, Church and McKechnie.  That forward line though, dearie me ...

53 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Think that's a wee bit harsh on Brydon, quite like the look of him and the lad's been badly hampered by injury this season.

I actually meant the group in terms of underachievement. I like Brydon as a player. Could have put that better. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

16 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Hutchinson has scored the same number of league goals this season as the Edinburgh City goalkeeper.

Just had a look to see how Hutchinson has been getting on at Eastbourne.   He started the first four games after his arrival and failed to score.  Next three games he came off the bench and failed to score.  The last four games he hasn't even been used as a sub.

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

Just had a look to see how Hutchinson has been getting on at Eastbourne.   He started the first four games after his arrival and failed to score.  Next three games he came off the bench and failed to score.  The last four games he hasn't even been used as a sub.

I'm hoping and half expecting his release to be negotiated. Miles out of his depth. 

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Am sure I suggested this before, but if money is the sole cause for not sacking him now, could we organise a GoFundMe to sack him now? I'd happily donate. 

Great idea. I’m in if you can get it organised. Imagine the embarrassment of the BoD if the fans offered them £20,000 towards sacking Bartley.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm hoping and half expecting his release to be negotiated. Miles out of his depth. 

I hope our incoming one man board of director has deep pockets so that Bartley, Doherty, Hutchinson and McKechnie can all be "released".  Grant Murray too, if he is contracted for next year.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of directors requirement in order for the club to be SFA/SFL compliant?  At the painfully slow rate that we're going at in terms of assembling a new board, I fear that some of the current board members will still be around next season to make up the numbers.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I've given up ... I just don't watch them any more.

That's probably sensible.  I just watch them because I quite enjoy getting annoyed.

I know he's on a hiding to nothing in them.  What the Hell is he meant to say each week? 

I do find his shirking of responsibility irksome though.   I doubt if he's clinically narcissistic, but I do think he has a large and resilient ego.  Regular humblings don't seem to have resulted in any accompanying humility.  It makes you wonder if he's capable of genuine improvement.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Seems you don’t need to try IMO try closer to home with Humza and his cronies? I’ve listened to enough Bartley interviews now to give my the dry boak. The proper Queens fans have said all they can. I’m in the glasshouse too and far from a fan of Murphy so feel the pain.

5 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Seems you don’t need to try IMO try closer to home with Humza and his cronies? I’ve listened to enough Bartley interviews now to give my the dry boak. The proper Queens fans have said all they can. I’m in the glasshouse too and far from a fan of Murphy so feel the pain.

What more do you expect from Annan? Murphy seems to have done a remarkable job. 

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Agree - I think a competent manager/good coach could get a decent tune out of Cochrane, Church and McKechnie.  That forward line though, dearie me ...

McKechnie is one of the reasons that we continue to underperform week after week. He gets so much game time that is unfathomable. A wide player who has decent pace but poor touch, no tricks for a winger, no left peg and continually picks the wrong option in the final third. His delivery is so erratic.He wouldn’t be anywhere near my starting 11.

Don’t even start me on Hutchinson…….  

i've said it before but is all this game plan about preventing the opposition from playing/scoring rather than what we can do to try and attack and score.

Don't like the term must win but I think next week is a must win. Win it and we stand a chance of finishing 8th with Annan still to play Stirling but lose it and I cannot see where we get our next point