The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

It is…. I’m still excitedly awaiting the big announcement you predicted yesterday!

I am not sure the excitement will be worth the wait. Underwhelmed is where I think we will be at. 

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I am not sure the excitement will be worth the wait. Underwhelmed is where I think we will be at. 

Yeah you’re most likely correct - back to the gloominess I go! 

7 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

2 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Yeah you’re most likely correct - back to the gloominess I go! 

Who would you consider a good/exciting appointment? Highjacking the QoS thread rather than the manager thread...

PrETty surE I saw someone neaR the ground this Morning (in the sUnshine no Rain in sight), who has been at Palmeston twice tHis season alreadY. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Who would you consider a good/exciting appointment? Highjacking the QoS thread rather than the manager thread...

None of the names banded about for the manager role  particularly excite me although I wouldn’t be against the name being hinted above.

I’d be more excited if a new board was appointed!

52 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

I stand corrected. The young lady that works at Palmerston told  me earlier there’s quite a bit of maintenance work going on in and around the ground. Great to hear 👍🏽

Day no longer ruined.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

McCall. I know you aren’t too keen, but if we are hiring him it makes me think the Board (or single director at this moment in time) are going to give it a good go on trying for promotion. 

Murphy doesn’t really excite me, makes me think we are content with being a bang average League One club and I think Grainger is too much of a risk at the moment.

15 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

McCall. I know you aren’t too keen, but if we are hiring him it makes me think the Board (or single director at this moment in time) are going to give it a good go on trying for promotion. 

Murphy doesn’t really excite me, makes me think we are content with being a bang average League One club and I think Grainger is too much of a risk at the moment.

This. 

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

This. 

As I’ve said before on here, an absolute p***k of a guy but by far the best manager out of all our supposed options at the moment.

Did I not read somewhere that McCall was heading off on his honeymoon this week (hence why he was hoping Clyde didn't become embroiled in the pyramid playoff). So if it is McCall then maybe a quick announcement this week is on the cards.

Also, no mention of the Dobbster for the post yet ... is this what's being hinted at above? Not sure he has the experience yet and would hate for him to fail.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Did I not read somewhere that McCall was heading off on his honeymoon this week (hence why he was hoping Clyde didn't become embroiled in the pyramid playoff). So if it is McCall then maybe a quick announcement this week is on the cards.

Also, no mention of the Dobbster for the post yet ... is this what's being hinted at above? Not sure he has the experience yet and would hate for him to fail.

Yeah both McCall and Scally are on holiday next week.

Also, Dobbie has managed Blackpools’s Academy team for the last few years and has stepped in to be Caretaker for the first team, he’s more qualified than the likes of Grainger for the post imo.

Edited by QoS99

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Dobbie has managed Blackpools’s Academy team for the last few years and has stepped in to be Caretaker for the first team, he’s more qualified than the likes of Grainger for the post imo.

Yeah, I know he has but it's still a big learning curve for him ... recruiting his own squad etc etc. Love the guy to bits, just would hate to see him struggle that's all.

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, I know he has but it's still a big learning curve for him ... recruiting his own squad etc etc. Love the guy to bits, just would hate to see him struggle that's all.

He’ll never take the job though. He practically trained twice a week when he was with us as a player and was just commuting. He would need to be up here full time if he was manager (assuming we stay full time).

Just now, QoS99 said:

He’ll never take the job though. He practically trained twice a week when he was with us as a player and was just commuting. He would need to be up here full time if he was manager (assuming we stay full time).

Thing is, when you have that much talent training should be optional ... 😎🤣

1 hour ago, 84yards said:

PrETty surE I saw someone neaR the ground this Morning (in the sUnshine no Rain in sight), who has been at Palmeston...

Fs, I'm not reading this.

1 hour ago, 84yards said:

PrETty surE I saw someone neaR the ground this Morning (in the sUnshine no Rain in sight), who has been at Palmeston twice tHis season alreadY. 

Oh good!

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

Fs, I'm not reading this.

Oh good!

but I also did heAr aNother Man was CloCked near PALmerston visiting a Loved one yesterday.

Edited by 84yards