The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

Sorry, just want to make sure I'm clear, are you saying the Chairman of the Tanner Fund resigned because he thought he was going to be on the new board but then wasn't asked? 

Sounds odd. Strange he wouldn't just go back to the Tanner Fund. 

I'm sure he posts on here as @Baghdad_QoS   maybe he can clear things up

Hi Guys - I had to step back due to the focus on Town Board work primarily.....That's the only board for me 😇

4 hours ago, Mon_The_South said:

As I said before, the Tanner folded when its Chairman stood away and the others didn't want to continue the struggle, deciding that the new director may very much have his own agenda.  I didn't mention the new member influencing the previous struggles.  As I commented a few pages back, when Tanner chairman stood back, I genuinely thought we were going to see an announcement onto the Club board as he has always been talking with them. Turns out I was very much mistaken

25 minutes ago, Baghdad_QoS said:

Hi Guys - I had to step back due to the focus on Town Board work primarily.....That's the only board for me 😇

Thanks for clearing that up. 

So, looks like MTS was mistaken. The chairman of the Tanner Fund wasn't expecting an invite to the Queens board and, looks like, would have turned it down anyway. 

It would also appear that the Tanner Fund folding wasn't really related to the club either. It folded because the chairman left and he left for other reasons. 

3 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Gavin Reilly to Arbroath confirmed 

With Reilly leaving because he wants to go part-time, does this suggest that the club will be remaining full time next season then?

4 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Gavin Reilly to Arbroath confirmed 

Reilly and Gallagher some strike force for this league.

You will be a better judge than me but do you guys not think Reilly is living on his earlier career reputation a little? Experienced professional but one I feel is past his peak.

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

You will be a better judge than me but do you guys not think Reilly is living on his earlier career reputation a little? Experienced professional but one I feel is past his peak.

Will never get you 20 goals a season but works his nuts off and his all round game these days is very good.

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Will never get you 20 goals a season but works his nuts off and his all round game these days is very good.

To be honest 15 is an excellent return going by this season's top scorers so could be fair. Just not a player that strikes the fear in me anymore whereas earlier on in his career I thought there was something there.

11 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

With Reilly leaving because he wants to go part-time, does this suggest that the club will be remaining full time next season then?

Possibly or is it that they've made an offer while we haven't? Probably got offered more playing pt anyway and someone said he was going to the fire service.

Shame as he's one of the few I'd have looked us to keep.

Best of luck to him, he's served us well.

10 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Reilly and Gallagher some strike force for this league.

My thoughts exactly.

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd have been happy to keep Gavin on - got his 200th appearance for Queens on Saturday.  As another poster said, whilst he's not as lethal anymore, he can never be faulted for not working hard for the team and he's still capable of clever moves and holding up well.  I think I also read somewhere that he lives in the Edinburgh area these days (not sure) and depending on where Arbroath train (Dundee perhaps?) the overall geography might suit him better now as he moves into his other career.  Wish him all the best, I've never seen him not work his socks off for Queens.

Just now, Otis Blue said:

I'd have been happy to keep Gavin on - got his 200th appearance for Queens on Saturday.  As another poster said, whilst he's not as lethal anymore, he can never be faulted for not working hard for the team and he's still capable of clever moves and holding up well.  I think I also read somewhere that he lives in the Edinburgh area these days (not sure) and depending on where Arbroath train (Dundee perhaps?) the overall geography might suit him better now as he moves into his other career.  Wish him all the best, I've never seen him not work his socks off for Queens.

Used to be round the back of my mates house in Perth.

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

Ah, right ... I think I have read that somewhere now you mention it, cheers.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

We train in Edinburgh at the Oriam both nights. Think we’ve moved it (used to be Perth) as a lot of our more local players have now retired or left and we are also getting rid of the hybrid FT players who were coming up and living in the town 

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

We train in Edinburgh at the Oriam both nights. Think we’ve moved it as a lot of our more local players have now retired or left and we are also getting rid of the hybrid FT players who were coming up and living in the town 

Am I right in thinking it was at Letham FC's wee astro at one point? I'm doubting myself now.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

We train in Edinburgh at the Oriam both nights. Think we’ve moved it (used to be Perth) as a lot of our more local players have now retired or left and we are also getting rid of the hybrid FT players who were coming up and living in the town 

OK, that's pretty well nailed it ... training at the Oriam will suit him perfectly now.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Am I right in thinking it was at Letham FC's wee astro at one point? I'm doubting myself now.

Yeah you’re spot on. Edited my post.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

OK, that's pretty well nailed it ... training at the Oriam will suit him perfectly now.

Delighted to read that he’s a guy that works hard. Already like him regardless of anything else and hopefully he can link up well with Gallagher or McIntosh when playing

20 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

To be honest 15 is an excellent return going by this season's top scorers so could be fair. Just not a player that strikes the fear in me anymore whereas earlier on in his career I thought there was something there.

Yeah he’s lost that pace he used to have, but he’s a lot better all rounder these days imo.

42 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I heard he was leaving Queen's and had a job outside football lined up so if he lives outside D&G as is being suggested then it's no indication on what we're doing unfortunately. 

Until we get a new board I doubt anyone will know yet Inc any managerial appointment, players signing etc. 

Is 100 fines over a season a lot? With a squad of 30 that's just over 3 each over 9months. What do you get them for - being late, dirty boots, not wearing teams training gear, bookings and sending offs etc. what happens to the fine money - reinvested back onto club, charity, players night out?