The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Did I miss it within the statement but has it been confirmed whether we are fully full time or going for a hybrid model next season?

I don't think there is a clear statement either way.  Personally, I hope it's a hybrid model such that we have the flexibility to tailor the contract depending on the quality and circumstances of the player involved such that we have the best chance of attracting the signatures of the best available talent.  I'm not sure that a rigid and inflexible one size fits all approach is the best at this level, and in our financial circumstances.  In an ideal world and with a big budget to play with, we'd be fully FT, but we're not in an ideal world at this point in time.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

He can't really say "We" when it's only him though, can he? 

He's the most negative fan our thread who sees the downside to every single situation. There's no way you've failed to notice his tedious shite at the start of almost every match thread throughout the season. 

Yawn. 

34 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Same. I think 14 experienced players with the rest coming from the youths is unrealistic. Would rather 18/19 with the rest coming from up from the reserves.

Agree. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Yawn. 

"Yawn"? Bit of a bizarre response tbh. I assume this confirms you're a Northfield alias then, aye? :lol:

Edited by 19QOS19

23 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Did I miss it within the statement but has it been confirmed whether we are fully full time or going for a hybrid model next season?

16 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I don't think there is a clear statement either way.  Personally, I hope it's a hybrid model such that we have the flexibility to tailor the contract depending on the quality and circumstances of the player involved such that we have the best chance of attracting the signatures of the best available talent.  I'm not sure that a rigid and inflexible one size fits all approach is the best at this level, and in our financial circumstances.  In an ideal world and with a big budget to play with, we'd be fully FT, but we're not in an ideal world at this point in time.

Has anyone at the club ever mentioned hybrid models or part time? Everything Ive seen has said we'll be full time next season. Pretty sure the Board said it, it was given as the reason Gavin Reilly left and Murphy must have mentioned it half a dozen times, at least, in his interview.

2 minutes ago, Queens1919 said:

Anyone know who is still signed up for next season?

Im sure Brydon had a 2 year deal but cant think who else did.

Pretty sure Doherty, Walker and Hutchison (yes Hutchison) are signed up, not sure what others.

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Pretty sure Doherty, Walker and Hutchison (yes Hutchison) are signed up, not sure what others.

Walker isn't. Add Cochrane, Church and Mckechnie for players signed up for next season.

31 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Has anyone at the club ever mentioned hybrid models or part time? Everything Ive seen has said we'll be full time next season. Pretty sure the Board said it, it was given as the reason Gavin Reilly left and Murphy must have mentioned it half a dozen times, at least, in his interview.

The hybrid thing was my own personal preference (in selected instances only) if it were to allow us to secure decent quality in a specific position and also make the best use of the reduced budget available next season ... ie it was my own meanderings.

19 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Walker isn't. Add Cochrane, Church and Mckechnie for players signed up for next season.

Brydon Cochrane McKechnie Church Doherty and Hutchison are signed for next season .

Of the present squad i would only try and keep Gibson Connelly and Todd..

Wonder if  we will get a player update who has been released .

10 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Brydon Cochrane McKechnie Church Doherty and Hutchison are signed for next season .

I hope that deals can be reached to get McKechnie, Doherty and Hutchinson offloaded.  I agree with you completely about Gibson and Connelly, and would like to see Mimnaugh back too.  As for Todd I'd be pleased if he stayed but not overly devastated if he went elsewhere.  I think given his Carlisle / Annan connections he's a player that McLinden may like to keep at the club.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

"Yawn"? Bit of a bizarre response tbh. I assume this confirms you're a Northfield alias then, aye? :lol:

Just bored of your trolling. It’s a forum to express different views. Some encouraging communications today and rapprochement. I merely expressed a view that we need a balanced board that can work together to deliver an ambitious future. I’m curious to see how Murphy does. I am like others concerned about the implication we can cut our budget and still push for promotion. Yes our squad was bloated with inferior players this year but imho we need a strong squad of 20 players + youth. Regarding Carlisle, happy to have hitherto friendly relations as long as it’s not a feeder club relationship that would damage our future independence and long term success. 

No Im not Nothfield but I’m pretty relaxed about having an honest on going opinion. 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

In the last few years under the previous board we didn’t. Maybe this will change. As a sign of better communications I think we should. Years ago we used to issue a retained list. 

16 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Yes, I've seen a handful of fans say they wouldn't be back until the chairman was gone. There is no way there are a significant number of fans out there just waiting until the day Billy leaves the club so they can come back. 

New board members don't particularly generate excitement, unless you get taken over by a middle Eastern oil family. You don't happen to know anyone that works out there do you? New Managers and, more so, new players generate excitement. I know the club have been trying to get season tickets out after Murphy was announced last week. 

There's a fundamental difference between supporting the club and supporting the team.

Those that support the club are interested in who's on the board, what the comms are like etc as well as the performances on the pitch. But the core of those people will attend games, pretty much, no matter what. We're lucky that we have an amazing core of fans who travel all over and who cared enough to put their hands in their pockets when times were tough and to volunteer now, or just to generally care and actively want to see the club succeed. These fans are vital and the relationship between them and the club, including board, staff, manager, players, is really important to the club. However, it's not going to make much difference to the crowds in the short term. 

Those that support the team, generally, couldn't care who's on the board or how many Q&As they have with the fans. They want a team that's either winning or exciting to watch (or both!) and involved in meaningful games. They also want a good "experience" dealing with the club. Whether that's buying tickets, state of the ground, catering etc. 

The trick for all football clubs is to get as many "team" supporters in the ground and then turn them into "club" supporters. While, at the same time, maintain and improving the relationship with the existing "club" supporters. 

I think thats the kind of update that has been needed, and very well received by all fans.  hats off to Mr McLinden

A very good post Homer and I can't disagree with you on that.  My point is that by having such a board ontop of the (hopefully) successful team we can be even better numbers wise and that it doesn't have to be one or tother. 

And yes, I do know a few people out there, but by coming from Aberdeen the offshore industry certainly gets around.  Sadly not many are QoS fans bar a couple though

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I suspect he doesn't give 110% to reading posts properly and noting who they're referring to.

He must lack the personal pride he always displayed in corporate life, or something.

9 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Shame. Didn’t really get a chance through injury. Thought he might have done better.

Reilly to Arbroath 

Houston to Clyde 

Jay Burns starting a university course 

Finlay Kennedy started full time employment away from Queens 

Anyone else officially away ? 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Just bored of your trolling. It’s a forum to express different views. Some encouraging communications today and rapprochement. I merely expressed a view that we need a balanced board that can work together to deliver an ambitious future. I’m curious to see how Murphy does. I am like others concerned about the implication we can cut our budget and still push for promotion. Yes our squad was bloated with inferior players this year but imho we need a strong squad of 20 players + youth. Regarding Carlisle, happy to have hitherto friendly relations as long as it’s not a feeder club relationship that would damage our future independence and long term success. 

No Im not Nothfield but I’m pretty relaxed about having an honest on going opinion. 

You should stop using words you don't know the meaning of. You'll need to show me the post where I was "trolling". 

You tried to imply he was going to be in charge of the BoD, I pointed out he can only speak for himself at this point because he's the only member of the new BoD. He can't speak for people who don't exist yet. 

Edited by 19QOS19