The Queen of the South thread

7 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Morton in a pre-season friendly on Saturday 29th June. The game will take place at Cappielow with a 3pm kick off

Was excited when I saw that on Twitter as I'm in the country on 29th. But am in Liverpool and I doubt I'll be able to get up the road to Greenock by 3pm. When are the League Cup games likely to start?

17 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Was excited when I saw that on Twitter as I'm in the country on 29th. But am in Liverpool and I doubt I'll be able to get up the road to Greenock by 3pm. When are the League Cup games likely to start?

Weekend of 13/14 July.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Swarley said:

I depart on 15th so might get one game in then.

The draw is on Wed 29 May at 1pm BST.
Edit - the fixtures are usually out a couple of days later. If the format is the same as last season, I think Queens will be the last 3rd seeds. Last season, I think only 3 of the 8 third seeds played on the Saturday. Queens first game last year was on the Tuesday night.

Edited by Artemis

1 minute ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Is he a winger? Stats suggest three assists in 31 games. 

From memory he was moved to right back for second half of the season. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, 84yards said:

One of the expected trio then!!!! 

Luissint and who else? Wouldn’t mind taking Smith back.

Edited by QoS99

Big Ayo Obileye has been released (out of contract) by Livingston.  Would be solid as a rock down in L1, but can't see him dropping to this level now - plus doubt we could match his wage expectations.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Big Ayo Obileye has been released (out of contract) by Livingston.  Would be solid as a rock down in L1, but can't see him dropping to this level now - plus doubt we could match his wage expectations.

Would love him back. Unfortunately there has been talk previously that he could go to Motherwell and St Johnstone. If he did drop down you would imagine he could still get a decent Championship move at the least.

52 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

ICT announce they will stay FT next season ... wonder how big their budget will be?

Ask Greenacres, he's the expert on every teams budgets.