The Queen of the South thread

8 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Where have you seen gates M2 and M3? 

If you go to the shop, I'm sure Dan will give you a tour of the ground 

Its on the ticket

image.png.1f0c7b2e8185961a94df391c0a57c10e.png

Edited by Swarley

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Looking like Reagan Mimnaugh is signing for  East Kilbride.

Surprised we never tried to keep him but maybe to much of a risk after his injury.  

Decent player but like with Connelly we move on .

Here we go again. How do you know the Club never offered him a deal. The answer is, you don't.

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Here we go again. How do you know the Club never offered him a deal. The answer is, you don't.

It’s a shame he is moving on as during his short fit stint he looked a really high quality player. Looks like we are well cover in midfield now. For me a couple of forwards ( particularly a penalty box poacher), RB , another centre back and possibly a goalkeeper at least til Cowie is back and we are done. The recruitment is a definite improvement on last season. If we could get Doherty and McKechnie moved on and replaced ( difficult I know as still under contract) I would be very confident of at least top 4. 

2 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

It’s a shame he is moving on as during his short fit stint he looked a really high quality player. Looks like we are well cover in midfield now. For me a couple of forwards ( particularly a penalty box poacher), RB , another centre back and possibly a goalkeeper at least til Cowie is back and we are done. The recruitment is a definite improvement on last season. If we could get Doherty and McKechnie moved on and replaced ( difficult I know as still under contract) I would be very confident of at least top 4. 

Doherty and McKechnie are  handy squad players to have but everything else you said it spot on .

Hopefully the trialists all show up well in the friendly games.

We still have the loan market as a option to use if need be .

12 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Doherty and McKechnie are  handy squad players to have but everything else you said it spot on .

Hopefully the trialists all show up well in the friendly games.

We still have the loan market as a option to use if need be .

Yes I agree. Hopefully good trialists and loans will help. Sadly I can’t make it down tonight as working but will be great to get first impressions. Here we go again but I feel excited once more about the season ahead, mainly on the basis of what look on paper to be good strong signings. 

Can’t make the game tonight unfortunately. Would be appreciated if someone could post the lineup/say what trialists are playing.

Edited by QoS99

2 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Can’t make the game tonight unfortunately. Would be appreciated if someone could post the lineup/say what trialists are playing.

9 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

If you've time to kill during the day and fancy sampling a bit of the old country's ancient history then a wee short trip south to Caerlaverock Castle is pleasant and there's a nice wee cafe on the auld quay at Glencaple en route.  As boys we used to cycle down to the castle and get chased by the castle warden ... happy daze ...

Is big Sean O'connor still working in Glencaple? Was he not involved with the bar?

17 minutes ago, lyle be back said:

Is big Sean O'connor still working in Glencaple? Was he not involved with the bar?

He was married to the lassie who owns it and they split up. So needless to say he doesn't work there anymore. 

32 minutes ago, lyle be back said:

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He was married to the lassie who owns it and they split up. So needless to say he doesn't work there anymore. 

Aye, that would have been Keith and Joan Houliston's lassie Jennifer. Think she runs The Nith Hotel with her mum since the passing of Keith.

19 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Not there but I see it’s 3-1 to Clyde at half time!

Not great, but there's 4 trialists starting plus youngsters so can't read too much into it. Be interesting to get some feedback on any of the new signings that get game time.

Impressed with Dickenson, thought the trialist RB No2 and trialist CB No3  (Yannick Kissi) did well too. 

Can't take too much from the game lots of players missing.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

On 24/06/2024 at 17:50, qos_75 said:

There is a sign that draws thrill seekers from near and far. Will it/won’t it be updated?

Bucket List ✅ 

Was it updated? ❌

DSC_9982.JPG

Edited by Swarley