The Queen of the South thread

Connelly will not be back we have not spoke to him for weeks.

Quality player but we move on.

Good read in the Standard McMenamin saying we have 3 or 4 to come in that will show the fans and even the players in the squad that we are signing quality this season .

Good to hear but time will tell if just paper talk .Hopefully Brydon and Church are fully fit if they are  then we must at least add a right back centre back and the area that most concerns me is up front we only have 2 options one of those is Doherty who will never get us goals .

9 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Good read in the Standard McMenamin saying we have 3 or 4 to come in that will show the fans and even the players in the squad that we are signing quality this season .

Good to hear but time will tell if just paper talk .Hopefully Brydon and Church are fully fit if they are  then we must at least add a right back centre back and the area that most concerns me is up front we only have 2 options one of those is Doherty who will never get us goals .

Really bored of reading about LC really not the player he’s hyped up to by our support 

7 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Really bored of reading about LC really not the player he’s hyped up to by SOME our support 

100% this ^^^, there are others I was more disappointed in seeing leave.

20 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Really bored of reading about LC really not the player he’s hyped up to by our support 

Should have been an outstanding player at this and Championship level, but after his sending off v Clyde under Gibson he seems to have lost his way a bit, struggled to get game time and rarely looked the game changer we needed under Bartley. I would have been ok if he'd stayed but we need to move on now.

Connelly and Mimnaugh are decent players, but if we are serious about getting out of this league then we need to sign better ... if what McMenamin is saying in the Standard is true then we might still become serious contenders; whilst what we have so far is a good start, it's not yet enough in my mind.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Connelly has signed for the Green Brigade & is looking forward to another season with the them. 

McMenamin's comments suggest that the door was open for Connelly to come back but he hasn't even had the decency to make any effort to speak to the new management team to advise of his intentions.  Connelly is a decent player*, but petulant and a bit of an amateur human being it would seem.  At the moment I'd have liked to have seen him back given our lack of forwards, but when the new management team have to assemble virtually a whole new squad there's little point in waiting on an individual player making his mind up when other options can be explored.

* although I'm probably basing that statement on his first season performances for us and ignoring much of the last two.

Regarding Doherty, I am a bit worried that in Murphy's most recent club interview he spoke about a Doherty/McIntosh pairing up front.

26 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Regarding Doherty, I am a bit worried that in Murphy's most recent club interview he spoke about a Doherty/McIntosh pairing up front.

I missed this part in his interview. I'm resigned to Doherty staying so I suppose we need to get on with it. I'm pleased to hear Murphy is planning to go with two up front though. Hopefully signals we'll have something to shout about at games next season. One up front doesn't necessarily mean defensive of course but in our case it generally was. 

9 hours ago, qos1990 said:

His time with us has coincided with a prolonged period of team under-achievement. He did very well at times in his first season but flattered to deceive thereafter and if he was the player that many thought he was, he should have been able to deliver a lot more as a full timer in L1.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I missed this part in his interview. I'm resigned to Doherty staying so I suppose we need to get on with it. I'm pleased to hear Murphy is planning to go with two up front though. Hopefully signals we'll have something to shout about at games next season. One up front doesn't necessarily mean defensive of course but in our case it generally was. 

Well, first I was wrong because I didn't realise that there were interviews up on YT after the Clyde game - it was in the one Murphy did pre-Abbey Vale!   I think it was a couple of minutes in when talking about McIntosh he spoke about him working with Doherty.  Of course that could mean training ground work, I just took it to mean them working as a front two.

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Is there an online copy of the McMenamin interview? Not seen what he’s said yet.

Read it earlier. Sadly it's been worded differently on here to what was actually said. McMenamin was basically saying about his career and his previous spell at QoS. Then went on about hopefully getting the crowds back. He said there are 4 more players to come in so that'll hopefully excite the fans and the players. Not '4 exciting players to come in'. 

Good we still have bodies to come in of course. 

I don't want to raise the blood pressure of @Monkey Tennis unnecessarily, but it looks like whoever is/was responsible for updating the sign may have been put in charge of the "next match" section on the O/S homepage as it's still billing the Clyde friendly as being our next game 🤯

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

I don't want to raise the blood pressure of @Monkey Tennis unnecessarily, but it looks like whoever is/was responsible for updating the sign may have been put in charge of the "next match" section on the O/S homepage as it's still billing the Clyde friendly as being our next game 🤯

Aye, noticed that too. Things that have happened since the Clyde game have been put on the O/S but next match not been updated.

Edit: Today's fixture now updated on the OS, nothing quite like giving plenty of notice is there.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

No Lyon again. Was told a couple weeks back that he needed some kind of operation but hoped it wasn't the case as he featured in that training video the other night. Given he hasn't featured so far I'm guessing it's the case. Hopefully not out too long if so. 

36 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

IMG_6121.jpeg

Did anyone manage to get in and buy the stream? I kept getting a paypal error and then the site went down completely.

It seems to be back now but I still get the paypal error. Someone else on Facebook having problems too

Just now, Homer Thompson said:

Did anyone manage to get in and buy the stream? I kept getting a paypal error and then the site went down completely.

It seems to be back now but I still get the paypal error. Someone else on Facebook having problems too

Link on the TonTV homepage spun for a while before going to a server test page, I didn't get anywhere close to being able to purchase the stream.  I haven't tried again in the past 15 minutes or so though.