The Queen of the South thread

9 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s us confirmed the signing of Hewitt

Guess with Hewitt signing we won't be signing Barnes who played at RB as a trialist for a few games.

14 hours ago, bod said:

Some responsibility!!!

I'd be saying most but as usual for him, he's deflected the blame.

he had it all planned out what he wanted to say eh. 

He came across as not really taking responsibility and was just deflecting the blame.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Guess with Hewitt signing we won't be signing Barnes who played at RB as a trialist for a few games.

Barnes was playing at Workington yesterday on trial 

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

he had it all planned out what he wanted to say eh. 

He came across as not really taking responsibility and was just deflecting the blame.

I'm absolutely no fan of Bartley, and I'm glad we've parted company with him.

It's true that his podcast performance was typically self serving.  He's far comfier reflecting on players' lack of professionalism than he is on any of his own shortcomings.

Having listened to it though, I do have a certain sympathy. It does seem that some of our players really were daft wee idiots, and that the manager was on a hiding to nothing with what he was trying to instil.

All in all, a pretty disastrous chapter, that can hopefully be closed now.

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm absolutely no fan of Bartley, and I'm glad we've parted company with him.

It's true that his podcast performance was typically self serving.  He's far comfier reflecting on players' lack of professionalism than he is on any of his own shortcomings.

Having listened to it though, I do have a certain sympathy. It does seem that some of our players really were daft wee idiots, and that the manager was on a hiding to nothing with what he was trying to instil.

All in all, a pretty disastrous chapter, that can hopefully be closed now.

I'd expect any reasonable employer to have done some due diligence on people they were thinking of employing. The football fraternity is quite small, and people do talk.

Bartley was an absolute charlatan of a manager and should have been punted well before he eventually left. Even then he made out it was his own decision.

We’re well rid of him and it’s onwards and upwards from here.

Things are already looking much better around the club, with the terracing even getting spruced up yesterday. Well done to all those who volunteered their time and effort. It'll look better for it on the national cameras at the weekend.

14 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Zander Craik on loan from Killie

Promising young natural goalscorer that premier league sides were looking at last season, hopefully an asset to the team.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Promising young natural goalscorer that premier league sides were looking at last season, hopefully an asset to the team.

He agreed terms with Crystal Palace who also had agreed a fee with Killie last January window but his move fell throu last minute.

I'm putting it down to moves afoot at Palace to replace Hodgson with Glasner mid Feb, after Roy announced his intention to leave at the end of the season, and the Palace board pulling the plug on any Hodgson signings.

Edited by C4mmy31
an added thought

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Zander Craik on loan from Killie

I've watched a fair bit of him at U18s and he'll do a job for you. Big strong lad who certainly knows where the goal is. 

4 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

The big and strong element will play well with one poster in particular on this board. 

We were told the same about Innes Cameron... 

Happy enough with the signing. Always expected and wanted a striker on loan at this point. There aren't going to be any free agents the now that are going to be an asset up front. Given Kennedy was used up front the other day I'd probably rather see another CB come in now. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We were told the same about Innes Cameron... 

Happy enough with the signing. Always expected and wanted a striker on loan at this point. There aren't going to be any free agents the now that are going to be an asset up front. Given Kennedy was used up front the other day I'd probably rather see another CB come in now. 

Tbh you’ve no idea how these guys will be before they get a chance. Look at Alloa last year with the 3 they pulled out the bag, nobody would’ve expected them to be so good.

I think this will be similar to a few loans we get. Now we’re not in Championship we’re not gonna get guys who are just on the fringes of the bench or playing at First Team level in the Prem and it’ll be more youth players - and not gonna have any idea on what these guys will be like until they’re given the chance.  

A good clear out from last season - pleased that we didn’t retain Connelly.

Cochrane, McKechnie and Doherty will need to “up their games” considerably or face the prospect of the bench. Cochrane might benefit from getting some “dig” alongside him but Johnston has a good chance of jumping  over him in the pecking order if he progresses as he should.

Good rebuild on the face of things given the obvious financial constraints. If the young lad from Killie is on a par with Wales then that is a huge positive.

i think we have given ourselves a chance of a decent season but haven’t seen them yet so time will tell.