The Queen of the South thread

Nice variation on "he's worked miracles".

Still nonsense though.

Well with a massive squad like Chis had I would have considered 4th plus a cup final a success, so for Brannigan to achieve this with his hands tied behind his back you could argue he has "worked miracles"

Well with a massive squad like Chis had I would have considered 4th plus a cup final a success, so for Brannigan to achieve this with his hands tied behind his back you could argue he has "worked miracles"

The team picked itself. His contribution was to play 3 at the back,not use the boys and play an unfit Holmes and say Weatherston wasn't the answer.

We also lost against Brechin and the cup final and would have finished 5th if Dundee hadn't had points deducted.

People keep going on about the last two winters but apart from our Cup run three years ago Queens have lost money with or without a bad winter for several years now

I could never understand why Queens paid players and managers great wages when we couldn't get promotoed due to the stadium situation

The BOD's have handled the current situation very badly and it's going to effect crowds even more next season

Very worrying times at Palmerston right now :(

The team picked itself. His contribution was to play 3 at the back,not use the boys and play an unfit Holmes and say Weatherston wasn't the answer.

We also lost against Brechin and the cup final and would have finished 5th if Dundee hadn't had points deducted.

But Dundee did have points deducted so 4th place it was :unsure:

The BoD at Queen's certainly haven't the sacking of KB very well. Never had the b*lls to say it to the guy's face.

Getting off point a bit, on the poor running of the club. I'm I right in saying that they turned down an approach from Gretna to groundshare at Palmerston Park for the SPL and they were going to pay for the necessary work to be done but the Queen's board knocked it back.

Anyone that says Brannigan deserves to be sacked are speaking absolute nonsense as far as Im concerned. To achieve 4th place and a cup final with a squad that size is nothing short of brilliant. Clearly the players all respected him and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

It wasn't just the size of the squad that hindered Brannigan, it was the fact that key players were either injured or suspended during a good part of the season. There is no doubt that Queens 1st choice team, if they had remained injury and suspension free for longer, they could have been more involved at the top of the table. Let's not forget also that during the month of March, Queens played 9 league games, the equivalent of a quarter of a season, which would have been hard enough for a squad twice the size of the one Queens had. I fully agree that his efforts were nothing short of brilliant, and at the start of the campaign, Queens finishing 4th would have been accepted by all, just as right now with no manager, hardly any players, the fixtures not released, a ball yet to be kicked, I would take 8th place right now for the season ahead!!!!!!

But, KB and at least 3 players have been informed by letter they are surplus to requirements.

Not the way to run a business!

Anyone tried phoning palmerston, phones might be disconnected

Paul Burns, said to be joining either St.Mirren or Morton.

Thoughts on him please Doonhamers !

Quality player, who should fit into the SPL quite easily

In McKenna you may have found the younger fitter version of Neil Macfarlane which is what he originally was for us. Last season though he was an infuriating ned and a complete liability with his knack of picking up bookings on a game by game basis. Mostly completely unnecessary as well. When available he will do you a turn and can fill in at CB or RB when required. Starts the season with a FIVE match ban though which will be the first of many.

15 bookings in nearly 40 appearances, so not quite a booking a game.

And he has a four match suspension pending, not five

According to BBC Scotland radio, Brannigan was informed of his position by letter. I wasn't too keen on him after his comment s re DFC when we were sniffing around Bob Harris....but he wasn't wrong...this is not the way to treat someone who is obviously capable for the job. A very sad sign of the times ,I hope he gets fixed up with a club that appreciates his capabilities.

According to the info our official site he`s still manager.

coaching staff link.

I suspect ther will be an announcement once his contract is up on 31st May but given it`s in the public domain from the manager why not confirm it officially anyway.

We have had a summary of the season, news of how well Annan are doing, news of players being "released" and even news on our under 19s. Not a word about the boss going. Says it all really.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

According to the info our official site he`s still manager.

coaching staff link.

I suspect ther will be an announcement once his contract is up on 31st May but given it`s in the public domain from the manager why not confirm it officially anyway.

We have had a summary of the season, news of how well Annan are doing, news of players being "released" and even news on our under 19s. Not a word about the boss going. Says it all really.

Nothing on the OS will change until theres an official announcement. I wouldnt take the fact that the OS hasnt changed as any indication that this might not have happened. Not that I know it has, but its far more likely no-one at the club, who does actually know the situation, has even thought about putting an announcement out <_<

In McKenna you may have found the younger fitter version of Neil Macfarlane which is what he originally was for us. Last season though he was an infuriating ned and a complete liability with his knack of picking up bookings on a game by game basis.

Moore's a ned himself, and having worked with the likes of Colin Cramb this boy's disciplinary problems should be short and easy work for him.

We have always needed a MacFarlane type player, we thought we had that when he signed but got him a year too late and the legs had gone.

Moore's a ned himself, and having worked with the likes of Colin Cramb this boy's disciplinary problems should be short and easy work for him.

We have always needed a MacFarlane type player, we thought we had that when he signed but got him a year too late and the legs had gone.

Whereas Brannigan was front row centre at the recent royal wedding :lol: