The Queen of the South thread

KB will be right, 2nd division here we come if any of them get the gig.

I would accept McPherson Connolly Reid Hughes Maitland

If Chisholm JT Scally or Main gets it then I won't re-new season ticket and will attend as and when

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

I would not accept Chisholm Scally JT Main

What do you mean by not accept? Stop going or keep me company by slagging them to death, or both.

KB will be right, 2nd division here we come if any of them get the gig.

Have you ever liked any of our managers?:)

All joking aside though, I'd be very concerned should we appoint Chisholm or Connelly. The former because I have never at any point rated him as a manager. Fine as a coach but he is no manager. The latter simply because it is never the same 2nd time round. Too much has changed since he left us. Alan Main - well no management experience & too much of a gamble. On the plus side though he could coach the goalkeepers (two roles for price of one!) Same applies for Scally & JT, I would hate to see it all go wrong for them & the regard in which they are held by the fans diminished.

I would not be altogether against John Hughes or Gus McPherson. Both have good contacts within the game but would they be willing to work with the slender resources we have? If Alan Maitland was appointed it would be a sure sign that we will be part time. He has openly said in the past he wouldn't take a full time post.

Have you ever liked any of our managers?:)

All joking aside though, I'd be very concerned should we appoint Chisholm or Connelly. The former because I have never at any point rated him as a manager. Fine as a coach but he is no manager. The latter simply because it is never the same 2nd time round. Too much has changed since he left us. Alan Main - well no management experience & too much of a gamble. On the plus side though he could coach the goalkeepers (two roles for price of one!) Same applies for Scally & JT, I would hate to see it all go wrong for them & the regard in which they are held by the fans diminished.

I would not be altogether against John Hughes or Gus McPherson. Both have good contacts within the game but would they be willing to work with the slender resources we have? If Alan Maitland was appointed it would be a sure sign that we will be part time. He has openly said in the past he wouldn't take a full time post.

Don't think there will be any announcement til 1st June when KB has gone for good

Who ever gets the job has one hell of a job to try and get a squad together for pre season training and a starting 11 that can hold its own in the 1st Division next season.

Time is against us this year.

Totally different situation from last season when we only signed a few players.This time round there will be 13 or 14 new signings

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

Don't think there will be any announcement til 1st June when KB has gone for good

Who ever gets the job has one hell of a job to try and get a squad together for pre season training and a starting 11 that can hold its own in the 1st Division next season.

Time is against us this year.

Totally different situation from last season when we only signed a few players.This time round there will be 13 or 14 new signings

As you say an announcement could reasonably be expected on or around 1st June. The new man has got to work fast to get a team together in time for pre season training. Not only that but we don't have a whole lot of time for the team to gel together. They really will have to hit the ground running, this doesn't always happen especially not when the bulk of the team are new. This season is going to be something of a transitional period for us.

Well that's all well and good, but the fact is we haven't got one. We can debate the rights and wrongs of that all we want, and I've said all along I think Brannigan's position should have been clarified at least a couple of months ago, but regardless of how we got here, we have to deal with the position as it is now. We'll have a manager shortly but not before contracts expire so it falls to the board to make some sort of offer to those players they feel we might want to keep.

It's not like there are any major footballing question marks over their respective abilities anyway. With the possible exception of Lilley (and I suppose whether Johnston has gone on long enough) we know they can all cut it at this level.

That would be fine, if they were making offers to everyone, or no-one. But to have the BoD deciding which players are good enough and which arent, isnt really acceptable, no matter how we got into the situation.

If, as you suggest, a new manager would have just as much chance of signing players after their contracts run out, why did the BoD make an offer to McMenamin but not Lilley, McLaren or Holmes?

If Chisholm JT Scally or Main gets it then I won't re-new season ticket and will attend as and when

Why?

As you say an announcement could reasonably be expected on or around 1st June. The new man has got to work fast to get a team together in time for pre season training. Not only that but we don't have a whole lot of time for the team to gel together. They really will have to hit the ground running, this doesn't always happen especially not when the bulk of the team are new. This season is going to be something of a transitional period for us.

Why would an announcement be expected on the 1st June. Brannigan was on a fixed term contract and has been told it wont be renewed. Theres no reason to wait till the 1st of June to do anything.

The board can surely not be so daft as to appoint Connolly purely based on his past success with us.

If they do appoint Connolly then it must be because he has impressed them with whatever plan he has in place.

In that case I would support them, and him as much as I possibly could.

I do not believe that Chisholm is right for our situation.

In different circumstances I wouldn't mind seeing a gamble with the likes of Scally/JT/Main. But with the SPL2 thing coming up now is not the time for a gamble so one of those appointments would disappoint me the most.

Having said all that I will certainly support whoever is appointed. I think we have to give them a chance and give the board the benefit of the doubt with their selection process.

Why would an announcement be expected on the 1st June. Brannigan was on a fixed term contract and has been told it wont be renewed. Theres no reason to wait till the 1st of June to do anything.

Not saying that there is any need to wait to 1st June. However given the protracted manner in which the board currently operate I fancy an announcement on 1st June or later.

What's with the numbnuts, arsehole? Edit came after I posted, fucking retard.

You have a way of saying things kirkyblue that is clear what you think about things ;)

Chisholm is the man for the job David Rae and the rest of the board seem to get on with him.He was the man who took us to the Scottish cup final some fans seem to forget that.

You have a way of saying things kirkyblue that is clear what you think about things ;)

Chisholm is the man for the job David Rae and the rest of the board seem to get on with him.He was the man who took us to the Scottish cup final some fans seem to forget that.

And he also left us in the lurch when the Dee's came calling. He said he was going to a bigger, more ambituous club. He couldn't wait to be shot of us. For that reason alone he should never ever be invited back.

Also the man who has contributed to our current poor financial state with overpaid underachievers, other fans seems to forget that ;)

I don't know why, but I would be happy wth Connolly, maybe because he was a prior success or maybe because it would make a change from the assistant stepping in as per usual.

I don't want Chis as we have no more money for him to waste. I'd love Hughes as his teams tend to play football on the deck.

I still cannot see past Scally and or Thomson though :(