The Queen of the South thread

Ex Par Chris Higgins has agreed to join according to the official site.

Good signing for your guys, solid defender who will do well at Queens.

For some reason though, McIntyre was never fully convinced about Higgins as he transfer listed him after one season, when he hadn't done much wrong. He always seemed like he was a last resort option, yet when he was in the team (over the two seasons), we won a fair number of games.

Think it should be a decent signing, seems he wants him to play left back on occasion. Don't think I have seen him play there.

He played at left back for quite a bit of the 07/08 season for us. The less said about it the better. Absolutely 100% should be playing at centre half.

He played at left back for quite a bit of the 07/08 season for us. The less said about it the better. Absolutely 100% should be playing at centre half.

I would guess that Reid and Campbell will be our first choice centre halves. The left side is always a harder to fill so glad we've got someone with decent experience in early

I would guess that Reid and Campbell will be our first choice centre halves. The left side is always a harder to fill so glad we've got someone with decent experience in early

Where is Harris going, incidentally?

Championship according to his agent on twitter!

As FC_1919 said, hes been training with us, but theres little to no chance he'll be signing. But, doesnt seem like he has anywhere else lined up yet

He was training with us for a while but was down South somewhere last week. Since he said on Twitter on Friday he was playing in a bounce game with us on Saturday though I guess he's back. I'd be surprised but pleased if he was involved tomorrow.

He was training with us for a while but was down South somewhere last week. Since he said on Twitter on Friday he was playing in a bounce game with us on Saturday though I guess he's back. I'd be surprised but pleased if he was involved tomorrow.

A back four of Reid (RB) Higgins (CH) Campbell (CH) Harris (LB)

That would be a very tight defence in my book.

Sadly I think it will be 3 out of 4 on that one

But

McGuffie (RB) Reid (CH) Campbell (CH) Higgins (LB) could be on the cards if Ryan is offered a deal

McCusker ;)

If so another fairly decent signing by Queen of the South along with Higgins. They have made a few over the last few weeks. Looks like those who have been writing them off and calling them skint may have got it wrong on both counts.

Did David Weatherson sign a new contract as well?

If so another fairly decent signing by Queen of the South along with Higgins. They have made a few over the last few weeks. Looks like those who have been writing them off and calling them skint may have got it wrong on both counts.

Did David Weatherson sign a new contract as well?

A reliable source tells me they have the second biggest budget in the league.

A reliable source tells me they have the second biggest budget in the league.

And that we were hoping to sign Kevin Smith but Queens came in offering to double the wage deal we'd laid on the table.

Tonights team was McKenzie

McCann Campbell McGuffie Higgins

Carmichael Maclaughlin McKenna Johnston

Smith Brighton

There was no David Weatherston has he now left us???

:( That will be a big mistake from Gus if he lets him go he has pace which no defender

likes to play against.

Higgins and Smith were not playing, we have a game on Thursday so maybe he will play then?

1 McKenzie

2 McCann

3 Poole

4 McKenna

5 Campbell

6 McGuffie

7 Carmichael

8 Mclauchlin

9 Brighton

10 Clark

11 Johnston

Higgins Smith Or Reid were not playing