The Queen of the South thread

Ola friends, just been reminded about this, but last game of the season you guys had an official photographer (guy in his 50's if I drunkenly remember rightly) who got lots of photos of us (conga and all). We met him in the town later, where he took more photos of us, and he offered to send the photos on to us all. For ease, I gave him my business card but have never heard anything from him since. Would any of you guys know who this bloke is (or maybe even be this bloke)? Just a pity we never got to see any of the photos ourselves.

If we have an "official photographer" it is Colin Johnstone who used to run the club website but this won't have been him. He wouldn't have been at the away end of the stadium and he doesn't live in Dumfries so wouldn't have been out in town later. He's also not in his 50's for that matter. He's an occasional viewer of this forum but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been him anyway.

If it was a press photographer it may have been Robin Bryden who takes photos for the local paper. Contact details for him are on this page if you want to try him. Link

Another possibility is Sandy Robertson who is based in the Dalbeattie area but often takes photos at our games and sometimes provides them to the club website. I don't have any contact details for him. He used to post on here occasionally as "Seterday Sanny" but I haven't seen him do so in a long time and having checked his profile there appear to be no posts still in the database so he probably hasn't been active for a good while. Someone else may have means of contacting him though.

EDIT - Mr X may have contact details for him, or Colin Johnstone will, since he must send photos to one of them for publication. A PM to Mr X if he doesn't see this first might yield some contact info for Sandy if it wasn't Robin.

If it wasn't any of those then I've no idea. Could have been anyone else who was there as a press photographer on the day.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Sorry bout that , was convinced it was him . Keep probing and you will get your man. ps I realise how that sounds

Big Sandy actually lives in Locharbriggs JR. He actually has an account on Flickr under the name of Bigsando which you can check out, there are hundreds of footie photos on there, but you should also check out some of his photos of the region, there are some absolute belters. Not sure if there is an email accont with Flickr but I'll ask him this Saturday if he was the photographer.

Shit's sake, we drew Rangers away in the Ramdens cup, I'd rather we played them later on in the competition or at least a home game. One moron who supports the other half of the chuckle brothers on Facebook has already claimed he's bringing his tricolour to the game. Will we get much money from this game?

The last time we played Rangers at Ibrox was in the League Cup of 83 so its been a long time coming . This was a two legged affair with Rangers winning 8-1 on aggregate ( 4-0 Ibrox and 4-1 Palmerston). I was not at Ibrox but at our home game . I will always remember the sheer noise of the Rangers singing raucously " Wheres your Charlie gone , where your Charlie gone , far , far away ". This was in reference to Charlie Nicholas move to Arsenal in that summer of 1983. I am sure that this was Ally McCoists debut for the light blues and the first of his many goals . Our goal at Palmerston was courtesy of an og by Craig Paterson. A goal out of nothing to be honest .

Our goal at Palmerston was courtesy of an og by Craig Paterson. A goal out of nothing to be honest .

A brilliantly comic moment! Davie Mitchell had just put Rangers ahead in about the second minute of what I think was his debut. Within a short while Davidson launched it from his hands. Paterson was back pedalling as McCloy was advancing and there was an inevitability about the back header that looped over the 'keeper.

I was in the main stand with my dad who had to tell me to calm down, such was my hilarity and delight, as we were surrounded by growling Rangers fans.

Later on, Dave Mckinnon scored a stunning long range volley and we got duly hammered. The songs I remember from Rangers fans were sung on Terregles Street afterwards and seemed to be about soldiers and Ireland and stuff - my introduction to that shite.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Pleased with the draw. I'm normally very much of the viewpoint of looking for a winnable tie over a pay day, but as this is the least important competition we are involved in I'll take the pay day (hell, depending how we do against Hibs I may consider it a winnable tie!).

Luckily I will be able to attend regardless of whether it is the original date, or the 18th or 19th. Ideally it would be the Sunday so I can have a weekend double-header as I will be at Hampden the day before, if not the I would prefer it to be the Tuesday night so I can stay over and have a night out up their.

A trip to Ibrox hasn't happened in my lifetime, although I have visited once sitting the in the Dundee United end with a friend who is an Arab. Highly enjoyable afternoon as a late Barry Robson free-kick cancelled out the Rangers opener resulting in a 1-1 draw. Not even a Rangers fan trying to kick my legs away as we walked back to the car (I was wearing a Dundee United top) dampened my spirits that day.

Third time lucky?

Well, the draw the club wanted. Perhaps the board should now be congratulated for their business sense in voting yes, no doubt that the SFL have awarded Queens with this tie, as they did Falkirk with two ties! Don't fancy much going to this as I'm sure our great support will unfortunately be infiltrated by some of Rangers cousins from across the city.

Well, the draw the club wanted. Perhaps the board should now be congratulated for their business sense in voting yes, no doubt that the SFL have awarded Queens with this tie, as they did Falkirk with two ties!

What did East Fife do to earn their favour?

If we have an "official photographer" it is Colin Johnstone who used to run the club website but this won't have been him. He wouldn't have been at the away end of the stadium and he doesn't live in Dumfries so wouldn't have been out in town later. He's also not in his 50's for that matter. He's an occasional viewer of this forum but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been him anyway.

If it was a press photographer it may have been Robin Bryden who takes photos for the local paper. Contact details for him are on this page if you want to try him. Link

Another possibility is Sandy Robertson who is based in the Dalbeattie area but often takes photos at our games and sometimes provides them to the club website. I don't have any contact details for him. He used to post on here occasionally as "Seterday Sanny" but I haven't seen him do so in a long time and having checked his profile there appear to be no posts still in the database so he probably hasn't been active for a good while. Someone else may have means of contacting him though.

EDIT - Mr X may have contact details for him, or Colin Johnstone will, since he must send photos to one of them for publication. A PM to Mr X if he doesn't see this first might yield some contact info for Sandy if it wasn't Robin.

If it wasn't any of those then I've no idea. Could have been anyone else who was there as a press photographer on the day.

Afraid it was not me.

Sandy....