The Queen of the South thread

I cannot see anything factually wrong with anything Robertson has said here.

Factual accuracy is not the issue though.

It's the tone of comments like "How you believe that will help the club is beyond me" that is so irksome.

It's as if our attendance is only ever offered purely as a means of benefiting the club. There's no recognition whatever of the reciprocal nature such an arrangement should take.

It's reminiscent of the comment from the club when Ross stood down. It implies that those who've been very troubled by developments are mistaken and that any response they've mustered is silly and futile. It's typically disrespectful and scornful.

Clearly, there's now a strong body of Queens opinion that thinks this should no longer be discussed. However, I make no apology for not joining it.

Factual accuracy is not the issue though.

It's the tone of comments like "How you believe that will help the club is beyond me" that is so irksome.

It's as if our attendance is only ever offered purely as a means of benefiting the club. There's no recognition whatever of the reciprocal nature such an arrangement should take.

It's reminiscent of the comment from the club when Ross stood down. It implies that those who've been very troubled by developments are mistaken and that any response they've mustered is silly and futile. It's typically disrespectful and scornful.

Clearly, there's now a strong body of Queens opinion that thinks this should no longer be discussed. However, I make no apology for not joining it.

Continue to discuss it by all means, but unless anything new is being brought to the table you are going to continue to receive responses along the lines of "this is old news, get over it and move on".

I personally don't agree with your viewpoint, but I accept you're entitled to it. I don't thinking moaning on here, and picking apart every statement made by the board, is doing much for you're own sanity, or that of anyone else reading it!

Perhaps making a suggestion to the club shop about running a line of dart boards and punch bags with Mark Robertson's face on it could resolve the issue?

Continue to discuss it by all means, but unless anything new is being brought to the table you are going to continue to receive responses along the lines of "this is old news, get over it and move on".

I personally don't agree with your viewpoint, but I accept you're entitled to it. I don't thinking moaning on here, and picking apart every statement made by the board, is doing much for you're own sanity, or that of anyone else reading it!

Perhaps making a suggestion to the club shop about running a line of dart boards and punch bags with Mark Robertson's face on it could resolve the issue?

I genuinely see your point and I know that plenty of others share your view.

The difficulty is that to stop moaning about it, to not pick up on insulting comments is to accept what happened. I'm not going to do that. My sanity would suffer more without this outlet.

As many of us have said, letting it all blow over in a few weeks is exactly what the board hoped would happen when they made their decision. That's why I'm reluctant to do so.

Should there be a seperate thread for those that want to talk about the team/Division Two and the 'outraged ' ? That way we will interact with similarly minded people and not step on each others toes . Only saying likes !

Don't all the "Happy Clappers" frequent the MAD board? :ph34r:

I think the majority of Queens fans are of the opinion the board voted the wrong way.

Although possibly for the right reason’s but still the wrong way.

I would be interested to see what information was provided by the Sfa and Sfl to help the board reach their decision.

There isn’t any point going over and over it, I don’t think any of those boycotting will change their mind regardless of what is said on a forum.

The thing is like them or not the board are here to stay as quite simply there is nobody else stepping up to the plate.

As I've said before, I don't really see myself as a boycotter: just someone with the enthusiasm for Queens at an all time low with the board's decision being the most significant of a number of factors. If I wanted to actively boycott something it would be the businesses of the current boardmembers, but as I live outside the region anyway I doubt that it'd affect them much.

Queens are probably set for a decent season but at the moment I'm struggling to give much of a hoot. I'd probably be more likely to go back to a team facing relegation to the third division and the current board no longer in position. And yes, I know that'll be a long wait. So I'll just have to come back at some point down the line when my feelings have mellowed on the vote and I can muster some enthusiasm again.

Edited by Adamski

As someone who views both sites, I would say its a similar split my Aussie friend . A vocal but small minority . I am certainly 'happy clapping ' with the start we have made and hope you are as well.

3 wins from 3 games is certainly grounds for optimism and the signs are there that this could be a good year. Certainly anything will be better than last year.

The BoD lost my support after the Newco vote, the team will never lose my support. Away the South!

As someone who views both sites, I would say its a similar split my Aussie friend . A vocal but small minority . I am certainly 'happy clapping ' with the start we have made and hope you are as well.

The flurry of talk about it today was in reaction to Robertson's latest blog post. Whatever your opinion of the overall message, the tone that it was conveyed in was guaranteed to raise the hackles of those who already had issues with the board. Most of the recent topics on the subject on the Mad site have been started by people criticising the stayaways. The board and the happy clappers are responsible for perpetuating it as a discussion topic as much as anyone.

For what it's worth I also think that they should close that section of the official site down. It's basically comes over as a medium for the board to acknowledge the support of those who praise them, and tell those who disagree to like it or lump it because they know best.

Don't all the "Happy Clappers" frequent the MAD board? :ph34r:

To be honest I've stopped reading the mad board as often, as I thought it was full of 'new members' looking to discuss anything but football and have cheap pops at folk. This forum seems to have a better set up for posting anyway.

The flurry of talk about it today was in reaction to Robertson's latest blog post. Whatever your opinion of the overall message, the tone that it was conveyed in was guaranteed to raise the hackles of those who already had issues with the board. Most of the recent topics on the subject on the Mad site have been started by people criticising the stayaways. The board and the happy clappers are responsible for perpetuating it as a discussion topic as much as anyone.

For what it's worth I also think that they should close that section of the official site down. It's basically comes over as a medium for the board to acknowledge the support of those who praise them, and tell those who disagree to like it or lump it because they know best.

You can understand why the board are p#ss#d off though.

They invest their money and bring the club back from the brink (fair enough got us relegated) but all that they get is moaned at for a vote which shouldn't have been taking place anyway.

Edited by Senior_Coconut

You can understand why the board are p#ss#d off though.

They invest their money and bring the club back from the brink (fair enough got us relegated) but all that they get is moaned at for a vote which shouldn't have been taking place anyway.

They knew the risks when they went to the ballot box. They multiplied those risks by 'coming out' as yes-voters. I have no sympathy for them.

Edited by Adamski

Should there be a seperate thread for those that want to talk about the team/Division Two and the 'outraged ' ? That way we will interact with similarly minded people and not step on each others toes . Only saying likes !

You don't mean that for a minute.

Apart from the fact that on, and off-pitch concerns can't be divorced in that way; it's no fun interacting only with the like minded.

I get that, but I prefer to weigh up all the good and the bad points.

As do I. And in my opinion the bad outweighs the good. I accept that other people will come to different conclusions though.

They've blown it for me. It's a shame - I'd been looking forward to this season as well.

You don't mean that for a minute.

Apart from the fact that on, and off-pitch concerns can't be divorced in that way; it's no fun interacting only with the like minded.

You are right MT and because we are all on the same thread together, it gives me more time to work on you :D

A lot of these people with the much maligned `happy clappers` syndrome are pre disposed to another called ` the bigger picture ` one

You are right MT and because we are all on the same thread together, it gives me more time to work on you :D

:lol: Good luck with that.

Actually, we're not only on the same thread - we're nearly on the same page.

You must just have a more forgiving nature. Oh, and I apparently lack baws.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Guest TOPFITTER

Or maybe thread for CRITICO'S turned HAPPY CLAPPERS and those of SHORT MEMORIES !!!

Guest TOPFITTER

A lot of these people with the much maligned `happy clappers` syndrome are pre disposed to another called ` the bigger picture ` one

And they suffer at times from, ISM (Incredibly short memory syndrome) of their own prior posting histories.

I know what you're getting at here, but the 'bigger picture' view could just as easily be characterised as the one that recognises the importance of integrity in the way competitions are run. It could equally be regarded as the view which recognises that the relationship between club and fans must be seen as symbiotic.

I'm not sure that the argument that our outlook is essentially narrower than the alternative one, stands up too well.

Indeed, if forced to, I could readily contend that an approach which wishes to concentrate only on events on the field, might be said to be actually avoiding that big picture.