The Queen of the South thread

You mean apart from the fact that Lyle was, probably just, MOM?

Yep he looked good too some very nice touches i thought. Competiton for places will be fierce if the boys playing today can keep it at that standard.

I thought Mitchell was MOM, anyway it gives Johnston selection problems, good ones for a change.

Agreed. Too early to get carried away but nice to have some decent options especially up front and wide.

When I saw that Smith and Carmichael were out today in addition to Gibson who we already knew would be out I thought we'd struggle to score. Shows what I know. :D

Harris did not hit the ground running at Queens . East Fife away in League Cup , just after he signed anyone ?----As has been said, to have so many important players out and score five is very pleasing . Thought Lyle looks more aggressive third time around .

Harris did not hit the ground running at Queens . East Fife away in League Cup , just after he signed anyone ?----As has been said, to have so many important players out and score five is very pleasing . Thought Lyle looks more aggressive third time around .

Harris was raw when he arrived and he was poor in that cup game even before he got the red card.

I thought he settled in reasonably quickly and benefited hugely from having Jamie McQuilken playing wide left and giving him great protection.

Agreed. Too early to get carried away but nice to have some decent options especially up front and wide.

When I saw that Smith and Carmichael were out today in addition to Gibson who we already knew would be out I thought we'd struggle to score. Shows what I know. :D

I see milligan scored 4 goals with Dabeattie today making 7 goals in 3 games is he not worth a punt, he would provide good cover.

Edited by Zorr-oh!

I remember the performance of Harris in the Methil game and also an early Reid performance at Livvy. It was if if the manager had said to both of them" this is a ball and here's a pair of boots , now on you go " First appearances can be very deceptive .

I see milligan scored 4 goals with Dabeattie today making 7 goals in 3 games is he not worth a punt, he would provide good cover.

The Italian player called Emilio Jaconelli scored more than him and look where he ended up playing. :huh:

Guest TOPFITTER

Just a bump back up top, only two days to go topfitter01@gmail.com or 07762628405 to contact for tickets.

Help Your Trust Help Your Club and YOUR COMMUNITY.

QUEENS TRUST BAND NIGHT

Queens Trust are happy to announce their forthcoming Band Night.

On 18th August, 2012 at Locharbriggs Community Centre, we will be entertained by HEART Of RUST and WAY UP.

Heart of Rust are a well known Neil Young / Crazy Horse tribute act and Way Up are a Progressive / Psychedelic / Rock band.

Doors open at 8pm - till late and cost £5. A bar service will be available and we expect the tickets to sell out fast. We expect the available number of tickets to be 200.

Heart of Rust previous promotional poster,

Heart%20of%20Rust_0.jpg

Way Up

WAY%20up_0.jpg

Edited by TOPFITTER

Have we ever had a squad with so much pace in it? Carmichael, Orsi, Clark and Lyle all have what you could describe as "genuine" pace, Reilly isnt far behind and Smith, Higgins and Holt are pretty mobile.

Even just taking the first four, have we ever had a side like it before?

can only see chaos on Saturday, think it should have been better advertised, not all Queens fans have access to the internet and with the majority of fans entering the ground in the 15 mins upto kick off i can see folk missing the kick off. Is there any way that home fans could purchase tickets during the week in the lead up to home games?

can only see chaos on Saturday, think it should have been better advertised, not all Queens fans have access to the internet and with the majority of fans entering the ground in the 15 mins upto kick off i can see folk missing the kick off. Is there any way that home fans could purchase tickets during the week in the lead up to home games?

It will be in the Standard on Wednesday and Friday. Advertising it before it was actually in place would just been confusing.

I would say Clark is quicker than Carmichael and Lyle! I never said Smith was quick, I said he was "pretty mobile" ;)

My best mate Clark isn't in the top three of the team for speed. ;)

But would agree it is a very quick squad this year.

Edited by Hawk

Works very well at other clubs.