The Queen of the South thread

Guest TOPFITTER

Can't see us offering to compensate him, but if Queens were to come in with an offer of a twix and a mars bar I couldn't see us saying no, better than him sitting on his arse in the stand/on the bench.

Better for DAFC but maybe not the player in financial terms of course.

Better for DAFC but maybe not the player in financial terms of course.

In fairness to Burns there's no reason why he should turn down a years worth of better wages, was he not worth a testimonial at Queens though? In saying that he could sit out this year, join Queens next year and get a testimonial, best of both worlds etc.

Guest TOPFITTER

QUEENS TRUST MEETING

There will be a meeting of the

QUEENS TRUST COMMITTEE in the Tartan Lounge, Palmerston Park at 7pm this Friday 03 August.

QUEENS TRUST MEETING

There will be a meeting of the

QUEENS TRUST COMMITTEE in the Tartan Lounge, Palmerston Park at 7pm this Friday 03 August.

I suppose these are matters to be discussed at the meeting, but what do you envisage as the Trust's direction now, in the wake of Ross' departure?

Is it still a body which works alongside the club, assisting it in a cut-price way; or a group to represent fans, particularly when the fans' voice seems opposed to that emanating from the boardroom?

Guest Flash

Be very surprised if Queens don't take a shot at taking Burns, miles down the order now.

I'd be surprised as well.

Policy seems to be to sign as many players from last season and as many former players as possible. I'm expecting Ronnie Hamilton to put pen to paper soon.

I'd be surprised as well.

Policy seems to be to sign as many players from last season and as many former players as possible. I'm expecting Ronnie Hamilton to put pen to paper soon.

:lol:

Ronnie looked old and was very slow back in the 70s when he was a very decent player for us. Presumably he`d still be old and slow so might be the answer :o

Guest TOPFITTER

I suppose these are matters to be discussed at the meeting, but what do you envisage as the Trust's direction now, in the wake of Ross' departure?

Is it still a body which works alongside the club, assisting it in a cut-price way; or a group to represent fans, particularly when the fans' voice seems opposed to that emanating from the boardroom?

All relevant matters will be dealt with and I am sure the Trust will continue to act within its rules of constitution and the objects thereof. I am sure after formally giving up the Chairmanship the new Chairperson will try to be as hardworking and effective as Ross has been. I also expect the Trust to issue a statement of thanks for Ross's contribution during his time as Chairman.

All relevant matters will be dealt with and I am sure the Trust will continue to act within its rules of constitution and the objects thereof. I am sure after formally giving up the Chairmanship the new Chairperson will try to be as hardworking and effective as Ross has been. I also expect the Trust to issue a statement of thanks for Ross's contribution during his time as Chairman.

Well thanks for taking the trouble to respond, but as you know, you don't answer the question.

I do think there's a legitimate question over the direction of the Trust's efforts after this and it'll be interesting to learn about the answer.

Queens sign young and Lyle on one year contracts. Not too sure about either but will

Give them a chance.

Taking Lyle's 'baggage' out of the equation, I think he'll be fine. Clever footballer these days, can play in a few positions and is experienced. I'm less convinced by Young. In fact, I worry his signing will prove as bad as that of Simmons. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm a fair weather fan and my only vision of the players is what I see of games posted on the Official site. I do read the comments on here and the MAD pages and is is easy to see that the current players on our books are not up for it. We were relegated for being the worst team in the 1st Division and yet Queens reward these very players with new contracts. We then go on to sign a has-been like Derek Young and another in Derek Lyle who might be locked up behind bars before his contract ends. What I cannot fathom is why we re-sign players whom we all know were not good enough to keep us up and whom we all expect to put in a challenge for promotion.

Not good enough and as for the post from the Lockerbie "Cheese Man" .......enough said. :(

I'm a fair weather fan and my only vision of the players is what I see of games posted on the Official site. I do read the comments on here and the MAD pages and is is easy to see that the current players on our books are not up for it. We were relegated for being the worst team in the 1st Division and yet Queens reward these very players with new contracts. We then go on to sign a has-been like Derek Young and another in Derek Lyle who might be locked up behind bars before his contract ends. What I cannot fathom is why we re-sign players whom we all know were not good enough to keep us up and whom we all expect to put in a challenge for promotion.

Not good enough and as for the post from the Lockerbie "Cheese Man" .......enough said. :(

Thats about the most accurate thing you've ever posted. How is the weather over there?

As for the rest of your post ......enough said :(