The Queen of the South thread

I'm in no mood to put this behind me and concentrate on the football and I'm sick of people suggesting I should.

Well said. What really gets on my tits is the implication that if you cannot let it go then you are somehow not a true fan. The very fact we feel so strongly about this is because we fear for the future of the club we love. If fans such as Ross Corbett don't trust the judgement of the Board, I think that should tell us all we need to know. For me, this whole sorry episode has nothing to do with Sevco, the SPL or the SFA, but everything to do with the Board running the club.

A complete lack of principle, the alienation of many fans including some of the most loyal and committed, has left a sour taste in the mouth. I was looking forward to a fresh start this season but the Board have backed themselves into a corner.

Well said. What really gets on my tits is the implication that if you cannot let it go then you are somehow not a true fan. The very fact we feel so strongly about this is because we fear for the future of the club we love. If fans such as Ross Corbett don't trust the judgement of the Board, I think that should tell us all we need to know. For me, this whole sorry episode has nothing to do with Sevco, the SPL or the SFA, but everything to do with the Board running the club.

A complete lack of principle, the alienation of many fans including some of the most loyal and committed, has left a sour taste in the mouth. I was looking forward to a fresh start this season but the Board have backed themselves into a corner.

Yes, the 'true fan' debate always makes me laugh.

I'll very happily concede that there are many Queens fans who are more committed than me - I rarely go to away games for instance.

If true fandom requires the surrender of all critical faculties; if it requires love for the club to be unconditional, then they can keep it.

Do the BOD's deserve credit for what they've actually achieved over the last 12 months ?

Turning a loss in to a profit , pitch improvements , new club shop etc

Yes ? No ? ;)

Turning a loss into a profit is only impressive if not accompanied by finishing bottom of the league.

Turning a loss into a profit is only impressive if not accompanied by finishing bottom of the league.

The board could have spent money they did not have and finshed in the top half of the 1st Div but

we would have lost around £300,000 or so again.

Queens just could not take another loss like that agan so the board made cutbacks so that they could make a profit

hopeing that they could still stay in the 1st Div.

Think most fans would rather see Queens make a profit and start again in the 2nd Div.

Queens have a new club shop and have made palmy one of the best pitchs in scotland again.

They have stayed full time really done everything they can to give Queens the best chance to get back up to the 1st Div..

Surely now is time to get behind Queens and the board and help to get Queens back up to the 1st Div.

The board could have spent money they did not have and finshed in the top half of the 1st Div but

we would have lost around £300,000 or so again.

Queens just could not take another loss like that agan so the board made cutbacks so that they could make a profit

hopeing that they could still stay in the 1st Div.

Think most fans would rather see Queens make a profit and start again in the 2nd Div.

Queens have a new club shop and have made palmy one of the best pitchs in scotland again.

They have stayed full time really done everything they can to give Queens the best chance to get back up to the 1st Div..

Surely now is time to get behind Queens and the board and help to get Queens back up to the 1st Div.

The fact we were relegated was not part of the master plan, but I'd place more blame on Gus than the Board for that. Cutbacks had to be made after years of excess, but I still think with the budget available we could have stayed up.

I'm glad we're on a stable financial footing, have a new shop and a good pitch. The fact we're still full time must be of help this season.

It is indeed time to get behind Queens in our effort to bounce straight back up. However, I reserve the right to consider the current Board unworthy of my support. I supported the club home and away for years through the Harkness era; I disliked the Board then and I have no real trust in the current incumbents. Some people need to realise that it is possible to be a Queens fan, but not a supporter of Hewitson, Paterson and Robertson.

I would rather put the bitching about the BOD behind us and get behind them and the players. Decent performance today but we badly need at least 2 quality forwards, one to score goals and a big guy to hold things up. A quality midfield schemer to give the wingers service and work the ball through would also help.

Positives at Dumbarton were: the win; Robinson in goal made 2 outstanding saves; the central defence where Durnan was superb; emerging guile from Gibson and Carmichael and the solid midfield performance of McKenna.

Downsides: the forwards were rank and in particular Clark who missed 4 sitters and has no eye for a goal; full backs way too often let their man get behind them and Young was not in the game and if he gets a contract that would concern me.

Good start and Im optimistic but save the player budget on Lyle and Young and get in the three players and above then we have a chance of promotion.

Concerned about Gibsons shoulder injury, ref had a duff game with mysterious or wrong decisions and the challenge on Gibson worth a yellow at least.

Dumbarton will come back down as cloggers, only 6, 10 and 12 looked any good

Guest Flash

The fact we were relegated was not part of the master plan, but I'd place more blame on Gus than the Board for that. Cutbacks had to be made after years of excess, but I still think with the budget available we could have stayed up.

I'm glad we're on a stable financial footing, have a new shop and a good pitch. The fact we're still full time must be of help this season.

It is indeed time to get behind Queens in our effort to bounce straight back up. However, I reserve the right to consider the current Board unworthy of my support. I supported the club home and away for years through the Harkness era; I disliked the Board then and I have no real trust in the current incumbents. Some people need to realise that it is possible to be a Queens fan, but not a supporter of Hewitson, Paterson and Robertson.

I'd blame the board for not getting shot of him while we still had a chance of staying up.

TBH I don't think they were all that bothered about the prospect of being relegated, as evidenced by offering Gus a contract extension when we were bottom of the league in late February.

To be fair, they did eventually get rid of him, but could have done it sooner. However, maybe the cost of that would have produced a small loss and it was more important to them to obtain a small profit.