The Queen of the South thread

Is this confirmed.

Yes by him on his twitter.

Queens were defeated 4-3 by Hearts today. Guff 2 and Milligan 1.

Team

Atkinson

Mitchell Black Guff

Carmichael Slattery Hopkirk McShane Orsi

Reilly Milligan

Edited by qos1990

Yes by him on his twitter.

Queens were defeated 4-3 by Hearts today. Guff 2 and Milligan 1.

Team

Atkinson

Mitchell Black Guff

Carmichael Slattery Hopkirk McShane Orsi

Reilly Milligan

Good result against an SPL side! Not surpised we conceded 4 with Atkinson in goals but glad to see Guff bag a brace and Milli on the score sheet. Hopefully we sign Mitchell, Milligan, Hopkirk and Lyle (controversial) now.

Good result against an SPL side! Not surpised we conceded 4 with Atkinson in goals but glad to see Guff bag a brace and Milli on the score sheet. Hopefully we sign Mitchell, Milligan, Hopkirk and Lyle (controversial) now.

Only a boy tbf. They had a few first teamers playing not sure on names though.

Cant really blame atkinson hes 16 hope we sign milligan and hopkirk, wouldnt get lyle or a rb as think we have enough cover

We definetly need a right back. Lyle i'd monitor the situation and maybe make a move if trouble keeps out his way, if he's been as good as people are saying.

Were you at the game?, if you were then you know young jim was at fault for 1 of the goals, the rest were cock ups by defenders

Guest TOPFITTER

Were you at the game?, if you were then you know young jim was at fault for 1 of the goals, the rest were cock ups by defenders

Truely a game of two halves,with Gaffer organising and encouraging a more robust approach second half. For me Slatterry, Black, Carmichael, Orsi and Reilly did their chances the most good. Slattery looks like a good back up for Holt's position. If Patterson gifted a goal it must have been the an early one as I missed the start of the game, I thought he was quite composed while I saw him. I came away reasonably happy after a much improved second half.

Truely a game of two halves,with Gaffer organising and encouraging a more robust approach second half. For me Slatterry, Black, Carmichael, Orsi and Reilly did their chances the most good. Slattery looks like a good back up for Holt's position. If Patterson gifted a goal it must have been the an early one as I missed the start of the game, I thought he was quite composed while I saw him. I came away reasonably happy after a much improved second half.

how did trialists fair topfitter?

Guest TOPFITTER

how did trialists fair topfitter?

At the risk of the manager's ire (apparently not too keen on trialists info being released, and rightly so) in my opinion none of them outstanding, right full back seemed experienced and strong, central mid-fielder unimpressive, striker no real involvement apart from a well taken goal.

Not much of an insight I know, but I have never played at any great level, nor coached at a high level, only 47 years of going to games and being an avid viewer of any football over that time to form my opinions.

Just heard that the Trust chairman Ross Corbett has stood down.This is a man who's dedication to the club has been total.TravelClub,Trust,Action Group,Ball boys, you name it, he is there.You know that there is something wrong when this guys enthusiasm starts to wain.A true Queens man who's had the club at the forefront for years.He is what SUPPORTING a club like Queen of the South is all about.Hang your heads in shame B.O.D. .

Just heard that the Trust chairman Ross Corbett has stood down.This is a man who's dedication to the club has been total.TravelClub,Trust,Action Group,Ball boys, you name it, he is there.You know that there is something wrong when this guys enthusiasm starts to wain.A true Queens man who's had the club at the forefront for years.He is what SUPPORTING a club like Queen of the South is all about.Hang your heads in shame B.O.D. .

THAT plus Ian "Blacko" Black getti9n' the boot fur pittin in too much hard work fur next tae nowt and then takin' o' his stuff hame frae the club museum.

I think youse are gan tae see a fair few long time supporters no gan tae games this season.

Guest Flash

If the BOD were footballers, they'd be McLaughlin, Simmons and Brighton. Only not as good.

As an ex-volunteer myself, I have to say I have grave concerns about the direction that the club has taken over the past 12 months.

The financial situation had to be addressed, there's no doubt about that. But many people - who are Queens through and through - have been cast adrift along the way, alienated by the BoD's 'we know best' attitude to anything and everything.

I'm not going to add to some of the names listed above, but it's the tip of the iceberg in terms of disaffection. Something is quite clearly badly wrong at Palmerston.

*-edited for spite shelling.

Edited by BigRubberFist

Guest TOPFITTER

If and when this becomes "Official" I guess other Trust Committee Members may re-evaluate their positions. Dare I say if there are more like Ross who decide to step down an EGM may have to be called to see if there are enough parties left to effectively carry on the good work. If not dissolution may become a possibility. Should this become the case "The Vote Decision" will have claimed another victim, one whose only aim was to protect and promote "The Club".

Just read about this on QOSMad. It's a decision that totally has to be respected and admired. It's entirely indicative of the damage done to the relationship between club and supporters through this idiotic vote.

The Trust has clearly been in the habit of working closely with the club in terms of fundraising and organisation. Perhaps it's time for a new fans' body to emerge which is more independent of the club. The Trust movement really got going at crisis hit clubs initially and most were pressure groups dedicated to voicing fan opinion in the face of resistent boards. As the movement grew, Trusts sprang up at more stable clubs and much more harmonious relations could be established, the type which even saw representatives join boards.

Right now, I think we perhaps need something closer to those earlier groups. I can even think of someone who could head it up.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Right now, I think we perhaps need something closer to those earlier groups. I can even think of someone who could head it up.

Please don't go there!

I can't help oot 'til ma contract runs out shortly. When a git up tae Kilmarnockshire I'll see whit a can dae.

Nope I thought it was closed doors. Just my opinion of the handful of games I've seen him in and that many agree with. Time will tell if he is going to be a good keeper but thats my opinion.

Guest Flash

Also we can use two trialists on Saturday, and the East Fife game at the end of October is now the Sunday.

Can trialists play in cup matches?