The Queen of the South thread

Colin Scott was huge for Queens and if it wasn't for injuries he would have played a lot more than just 114 games. Was when he dislocated his shoulder against Clyde when we were top for a bit? He deserves some recognition seeing as he put his body on the line for us.

Admittedly Goram was in goals for the Challenge Cup final but should not be immortalised like this.

I think the people involved were only interested in brightening the place up rather than have a hall of fame mural . They should be congratulated for their efforts . Anyway , hypothetically , if the mural considered who the best keepers in our history were , then the best hasn't been mentioned . King Barney would be on the throne .

and Colin Scott would be sitting right beside him .Scooter was a fantastic goalkeeper who was maybe a bit timid to have reached the top and certainly unlucky to be at Ibrox when Goram was in his pomp. I will remember Davidson's and Scott's contribution to Qos till I draw my last breath .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I think the people involved were only interested in brightening the place up rather than have a hall of fame mural . They should be congratulated for their efforts . Anyway , hypothetically , if the mural considered who the best keepers in our history were , then the best hasn't been mentioned . King Barney would be on the throne .

You're right - it's not a Hall of Fame and as I've already said, the project's a good idea and the pictures look nice. It just bugs me when the press define and identify teams by tenuous OF connections. I don't think we should be playing the same game with the surrounds of our own stadium. And yes, Barney should indeed appear.

You can't possibly say Davidson was the best keeper in our history because you haven't seen them all. In any case, Ball was better.

Whatever the criteria for appearing on the mural, Goram should not be on it.

Goram's inclusion is a travesty. He hardly played any games for us and if others such as Alan Davidson, Colin Scott and George Farm are not to be found alongside two very worthy keepers in Henderson and Ball then it is absolutely scandalous.

Ball better than Davidson you say Flash . Bally a legend but Barney the finest I have seen in my mere forty two years . Yes, of course I haven't seen them all but finding a finer one than Davidson might be as difficult as looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. On the subject of Goram, I have seen him at his best and worst . I will skip the worst bit and say he is a very good speaker for your lads type nights out / dinner occasions . He was off the bevvy as well but don't know if still the case .

It was a pleasant surprise to see Warren Pearson back involved at Queens as a volunteer coach for the under 14's.My Lochar Thistle squad played them last night and hes a great guy to have developing these youngsters.

There is a discussion on the South of Scotland Page (Fixtures), and your team crops up on it.It mentions an indoor 3g training area ? .My pals lad played there for a regional schools team and raved about the park and facilities.In this day and economic climate how do you do it ? .I have been twice and it looks a superb facility.

Edited by weeredbook

When he wanted to Stephen Simmons could be an very good player, happens rairly but when it does.

Mindfuck.

Fucking hell, setttle yourself downhuh.gifAnd unless you a fucking idiot it's quite easy to figure out how good a player is in 20 games, if it takes you 200 games to realise how good a player is... well you're probably a failure at life. In the 20 games I saw, Burns wasn't quick, wasn't skillfull, did not have a defence splitting pass, was not a "hard man" and didn't have much in the way of footballing intelligence. Care to disagree with any of that? Going by the comments on here by Queens fans sinse he's resigned they aren't particularly glowing. And it's quite possible that because Burns came up through your youth system and is a "local lad" that Queens fans had some blue tinted specs on when they watched him.

Fact is you will struggle to find anyone outwith a Queens fan who doesn't view him as a thoroughly average sfl player.

Scott Morrison

Jamie McCunie

Scott Muirhead

Iain Williamson

Jim Hamilton

Phil McGuire

Tam Scobbie

Gavin Skelton

I reckon they all played in a Scottish cup final and in Europe, sure McGuffie did aswell? Simmons got a a runners up medal aswell I'm sure although he never actually played in the final, also played in Europe...

Darren Young has also played in a Scottish cup final as well as playing in Europe and is currently plying his trade in the 2nd, although it is worth noting he was infact a good player back in the day. You could also argue that a few members of the Queens squad were bang average sfl players aswel.

Playing in a Scottish cup final and in Europe does not make you a good player, it makes you a player in a good team.

Falkirk-v-Dunfermline-Thomas-Scobbie2_2222220.jpg