The Queen of the South thread

A win is a win and we're through to the next round but yesterday we were well below the standard of our last two performances against Hearts and St Mirren. With a number of players below the standards we've come to expect.

Best for us were McKenna,Mitchell,Young and Holt.

I know we kept a clean sheet but our defensive display fills me with fear for the season ahead

Heard kevin dzeirzwaski was coming back to Palmerston on Monday with his visa and is ready to sign on the dotted line.

If true he could become a great signing.

Anyone else hear anything?

I Would be very surprised if TRUE.He is not even training with Queens now. Think we have seen the last of Kevin. We need another striker we are asking a lot of Lyle to be our main striker.

I Would be very surprised if TRUE.He is not even training with Queens now. Think we have seen the last of Kevin. We need another striker we are asking a lot of Lyle to be our main striker.

Not according to a certain member of the boardroom. We were so impressed by his performances in training and in match v Hearts that we sent him straight off to get a work visa sorted. Watch this space.

He's not training with Queens just now because he is back in the states sorting his visa. Supposedly.

Hope the romour bout Kevin is true but tbh still think we need another striker

We have 3 strikers fighting for 1 position, and Paton can play there as well. I think we could maybe do with another winger for cover, as I'm not hugely confident in Orsi.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Heard exactly the same, quite excited about this signing. First American to play for the club ?

Ben Dawson was American wasn't he? Sure that was his name. Played a few games for us after we had wrapped the 2nd Division title up under Connolly. Midfielder, dont think he was up to much anyway tbh.

Couldn't make it today but was surprised to see no Durnan in the squad. Is he injured ? Sounds like a good performance against opposition we should of beaten fairly comfortably. Annan got a great victory today and might not be the easy victory everyone expects.

Durnan was fit but believe manager likes to only have one defender on bench and Guff gives more options, think league games 7 allowed on bench tho.

Ben Dawson was American wasn't he? Sure that was his name. Played a few games for us after we had wrapped the 2nd Division title up under Connolly. Midfielder, dont think he was up to much anyway tbh.

A blast from the past. I'd forgotten about him but I don't think he was American. I'd need to see what I could find from historic info at the time. He was certainly out of an American college scholarship but I think he was actually English. You are a season out incidentally. He played a few games at the end of season 02/03, the season after the second division title.

I think Durnan is our best defender and isn't going to progress sitting in the stand, haven't seen dowie yet but I doubt he is a better all round performer than Mark. Here's hoping he rotates the squad a bit for the cup game against Annan.

Antell

Mitchell

Durnan

Higgins

Holt

Young

McKenna

Burns

Danny

Paton

Reilly

That would be my starting 11 in the managers favoured formation.

If he has just graduated cant imagine he will be older than 21/22. SUPERSOUTH Watch our clip from ibrox in the 93rd minute and tell me if that's a young centre half learning his trade. Mark has had very few shaky moments for a young defender and if he does lose his starting berth can consider himself very very unlucky.