The Queen of the South thread

Why the need for vouchers when every game needs tickets?

Season ticket holders should just need their book.

The tickets didn't have the specific game shown on them.

Season ticket holders are to use a cup voucher - must be so that something is handed over in order to verify the crowd number.

Forgot about them!! Must be a fair while because of the weather then?

I can't remember the last weather related abandonment at Palmerston.

I think it's fair enough what the club are doing with regards to the re-match. My only real question is about those who will have thrown their ticket away. Is it tough sh*t for them? I imagine it will only be a few that this is the case for but nevertheless it would still be pretty gutting.

I wonder if the match price will be dropped for the reply anyway.

Who took over the tannoy after the game had been abandoned? Was it the match commander? As previously stated, the tannoy system was pretty shocking. I actually thought the ref was taking them off for a while to see if it would calm down a bit. If it hadn't been for the Falkirk players applauding their fans I think a few of us could have been sitting for a while until word of mouth got around. Having said that there was a fair bit of booing in my area which probably made the guy's announcement harder to hear :lol:

Season ticket holders are to use a cup voucher - must be so that something is handed over in order to verify the crowd number.

This is a guess, but I can remember a game being called off a few years ago. I want to say the team was Morton. I'm not entirely sure if it was because of rain or not but I'm sure it was a wet day.

It's very vague. All I can remember is being in my room and my dad shouted through not to get ready because the game was off. It would have been the 90's or very early 00's.

This is a guess, but I can remember a game being called off a few years ago. I want to say the team was Morton. I'm not entirely sure if it was because of rain or not but I'm sure it was a wet day.

It's very vague. All I can remember is being in my room and my dad shouted through not to get ready because the game was off. It would have been the 90's or very early 00's.

There have been a few postponements. We're talking about abandonments after the games had started. I don't remember any weather related ones, just the two County ones when the lights failed.

Thinking about future situations, this is 2nd time match tickets could have been used.

For Scottish cup games state on ticket please keep for discount in the event of a replay.

For league games have the match number, eg match 4 and have keep in the event of abandonment.

Thinking about future situations, this is 2nd time match tickets could have been used.

For Scottish cup games state on ticket please keep for discount in the event of a replay.

For league games have the match number, eg match 4 and have keep in the event of abandonment.

Printing them for specific matches will presumably cost more, rather than ordering a job lot.

I think it's fair enough what the club are doing with regards to the re-match. My only real question is about those who will have thrown their ticket away. Is it tough sh*t for them?

Punishment for being a litterbug?

Now on to more important things we have to get a goalkeeper and at least 1 striker in.

The keeper is either Clark or Robinson but the striker is more if a problem.

There must be S.P.L. striker who we could get on loan or this is unlikely but we offer Stranraer a player plus cash to get Jamie Longworth.

Now on to more important things we have to get a goalkeeper and at least 1 striker in. The keeper is either Clark or Robinson but the striker is more if a problem. There must be S.P.L. striker who we could get on loan or this is unlikely but we offer Stranraer a player plus cash to get Jamie Longworth.

Who could we offer them that we don't need ourselves and would Stranraer want any of our fringe players? It would need to be a fair wedge of cash that we offered for them to take some of our out of favour players.

Why do we need a striker?

I can't remember anybody at the start of the season being unhappy with the three we have. Is it to replace Lyle?

I have said from the day we realised Russell was being played on the wing that we needed another striker. Reilly and Lyle are both good strikers but for me aren't prolific enough at this level. Majority of Derek's goals have come against poorer opposition and Gavin doesn't look the most natural finisher. Difficult one though as if one comes in does one need to go ?

I have said from the day we realised Russell was being played on the wing that we needed another striker. Reilly and Lyle are both good strikers but for me aren't prolific enough at this level. Majority of Derek's goals have come against poorer opposition and Gavin doesn't look the most natural finisher. Difficult one though as if one comes in does one need to go ?

So rather than spending money on a new striker, the solution could be not to play Russell on the wing?

Reilly has scored 3 goals in his last 4 league games.

For me, the problem isn't the strikers, it is the fact that very few chances are being created because of the system McIntyre insists on playing.

So rather than spending money on a new striker, the solution could be not to play Russell on the wing?

For me, the problem isn't the strikers, it is the fact that very few chances are being created because of the system McIntyre insists on playing.

This.

I don't really have an issue with the depth and balance of our squad (goalkeeper aside). We're were we are because the manager isn't getting the best out of what he has.

His only job in the Summer was to resolve the goalkeeping situation and he made an arse of it. I hope the board see this and tell him he's not getting any money in the window and that he has until the end of the season to get the best from an already capable squad, or he's gone.

We saw what happened both on and off the field when Chisholm was given a blank chequebook to firefight a situation of his own doing.

I totally agree but I think McIntyre sees it differently and won't play Beany through the middle. Edited by Broony88

He shouldn't be allowed to bring in more duds.

I would get rid and make a player caretaker till the end of season, Young would be my choice but distance might be a problem.

Sportscene was talking about Alloa reaching the play offs, the part time team that we finished streets ahead of last season.

It utterly beggars belief that he has come in, been handed a ready made squad on a plate, made a complete arse of it and the solution is to bring in more players?

Naw, the solution is to bring in a manager who knows what he is doing.

I see with Higgins being dropped yesterday McKenna was our captain for the ill-faited game. It's on our official site that Saturday would have been Chris Higgins 100th start for Queens. Nice touch Jim!!!

Edited by Hawk

Was going to comment on Higgins, was he dropped or was he injured?

If McIntyre was going to change things why didnt he use any subs in midweek?

The guy is clueless and now he will try to spend his way out of trouble, could backfire though.

I see with Higgins being dropped yesterday McKenna was our captain for the ill-faited game. It's on our official site that Saturday would have been Chris Higgins 100th start for Queens. Nice touch Jim!!!

Sure Higgy just made it for Dumbarton last weekend and then played 90 mins on Tuesday so maybe just a rest.