The Queen of the South thread

Sure Higgy just made it for Dumbarton last weekend and then played 90 mins on Tuesday so maybe just a rest.

So why not give Dowie some game time on Tuesday when the match was already lost?

Asking a bit much of Dowie to come straight into the team after not playing for 9 weeks.

So why not give Dowie some game time on Tuesday when the match was already lost?

Asking a bit much of Dowie to come straight into the team after not playing for 9 weeks.

I don't know the answer to the question ask the manager. I'm only making an assumption. Dowie has played majority of reserve games since losing his place in first team and trains every day so sure he was ready.

Was going to comment on Higgins, was he dropped or was he injured?

If McIntyre was going to change things why didnt he use any subs in midweek?

The guy is clueless and now he will try to spend his way out of trouble, could backfire though.

Worryingly I am finding myself agreeing with Kirky. That our manager is not the man to take us forward and has in fact lost it.

Next season we will be up against rangers and hearts so we should be setting our sights a little higher than Ian McShane.

If Higgins was not injured yesterday and was dropped for Dowie then he has lost the fecking plot

They got the money in for the first game so why don't they make it free for the repay of the abandoned match. Appreciate there are some overheads for the 2nd match but rather than ares around with vouchers and spend time matching up ticket numbers just take the slight hit. Could always increase the parking charge.

And imagine the seethe from an already angry away support if the only change he made at 3-0 down was Dowie for Higgins.

If he was worried about the seethe he could have made another 2 substitutions as well. However, I really don't think any manager makes substitutions based on whether or not the fans will like it, as McIntyre's previous subbing of Russell every week proved. And as his lack of any response on Tuesday also proved. He couldn't care less what the fans think.

It may be that we need to sign a tall front target man if we are to persist in lumping high balls up the park. Even moving Russell in from the wing leaves us literally short up front, ok with balls to feet but not in the air against big central defenders. I find it hard to criticise McIntyre for playing Russell out wide, it may be more by luck than judgement on the Managers part , but he is scoring goals from that position so why change it.

It has been said on other posts that the main problem for our strikers (or lone striker as McIntyre prefers) is the quality of service into them/him, a tall target man a la Holmer in his prime, could knock balls down for his fellow striker or attacking midfielders.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Christmas Cracker Joke Time: Q. Why did Jim McIntyre invite Calum Antell for Christmas dinner?

A. Because his wife told him to bring home a turkey :P

Q. What is Guff's favourite Christmas drink?

A. Punch (allegedly) :thumsup2

Q. What did McIntyre give Ian McShane for Christmas?

A. A new contract (sorry that's not a joke apparently) :thumbsdown

Well if you think these are bad let's hear yours. :lol:

It may be that we need to sign a tall front target man if we are to persist in lumping high balls up the park. Even moving Russell in from the wing leaves us literally short up front, ok with balls to feet but not in the air against big central defenders. I find it hard to criticise McIntyre for playing Russell out wide, it may be more by luck than judgement on the Managers part , but he is scoring goals from that position so why change it.

It has been said on other posts that the main problem for our strikers (or lone striker as McIntyre prefers) is the quality of service into them/him, a tall target man a la Holmer in his prime, could knock balls down for his fellow striker or attacking midfielders.

Thankfully, football has moved on significantly from the lump up the park to a big target man.

Its hilarious listening to some of the fans shout "get it up the park" when we're trying to pass the ball and keep possession. The same fans that then lose the rag when the punt forward, inevitably, comes straight back.

Thankfully, football has moved on significantly from the lump up the park to a big target man.

Its hilarious listening to some of the fans shout "get it up the park" when we're trying to pass the ball and keep possession. The same fans that then lose the rag when the punt forward, inevitably, comes straight back.

Yeah, 4-4-2 is old hat, but we need a 1950s centre forward. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, the vast majority of our game is now made up of keeping possession with no end product and lumping it up the park to nobody in particular. Maybe said fans mean "get it up the park" as in attacking with purpose as opposed to just punting it or endlessly passing in straight lines across the pitch.

Yeah, 4-4-2 is old hat, but we need a 1950s centre forward. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, the vast majority of our game is now made up of keeping possession with no end product and lumping it up the park to nobody in particular. Maybe said fans mean "get it up the park" as in attacking with purpose as opposed to just punting it or endlessly passing in straight lines across the pitch.

Maybe. Doubt it though :P

If you're going to try and pass the ball around and keep possession, you need the fans to be patient - which theyre not. You also need to accept that you'll make mistakes and give away possession now and again.

That isnt to say that our play doesnt need to be better in the final third, it clearly does.

Maybe. Doubt it though :P

If you're going to try and pass the ball around and keep possession, you need the fans to be patient - which theyre not. You also need to accept that you'll make mistakes and give away possession now and again.

That isnt to say that our play doesnt need to be better in the final third, it clearly does.

We played a passing game last season and I don't remember anybody complaining, but they probably did.

I agree you need patience, but the fans also need to see some form of end product. There have been games this season where we have had loads of possession and created next to nothing. Some of that has been due to the way some teams set up against us, but a lot of it is due to the slow way that we play now. When a team loses possession against us, we don't break forward at pace, it is all slow and delberate, giving the opposition plenty of time to regroup.

We played a passing game last season and I don't remember anybody complaining, but they probably did.

I agree you need patience, but the fans also need to see some form of end product. There have been games this season where we have had loads of possession and created next to nothing. Some of that has been due to the way some teams set up against us, but a lot of it is due to the slow way that we play now. When a team loses possession against us, we don't break forward at pace, it is all slow and delberate, giving the opposition plenty of time to regroup.

I agree.

Queens last weather related abandonment was on the 23rd Jan 1965 v ES Clydebank . A big thaw during the first half had caused big pools of water to appear fom the previously snow covered pitch and the match was abandoned at half time with the score 1-1. This info from a Qos Mad regular called Daftpunk