The Queen of the South thread

I think on his previous performances for you in the second tier of Scottish football as well as last season's goals tally for a team that walked the league they were in, junior is showing us all that is indeed the case.

9 goals in 18 league appearances, hellish. :huh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Clark

To be fair with Charlies theory, Clark and gav were basically goal for goal then Reilly got dropped for no real reason where as Clark played every game. No denying he had a great season but I still don't rate him very highly. And like someone said daddy will look after him and he'll be at killie if available.

People on Facebook mentioning trying to get Lewis Kidd to come back. I'd give him a trial in friendlies but he never really done anything of note for me to think he'd make a difference.

9 goals in 18 league appearances, hellish. :huh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Clark

Indeed, or using the NPG90 method discussed in an earlier post - where we all agreed that Reilly's numbers were excellent.

post-101-0-82198600-1400237058_thumb.jpg

Source: Nicky Clark stats ; Gavin Reilly stats

Now obviously one person is going to start whining that it isn't a fair comparison. Reilly was facing better class defenders/goalies in the Championship this season than Clark? Well, here are Reilly's stats for 2012/2013;

post-101-0-32158600-1400237150_thumb.jpg

So Reilly's NPG90 in last year's Div1 is better than Clark's in the same division this year, but not by much. Clark's NPG90 last season was a tremendous 0.96!

Edited by Swarley

I wouldn't be delighted to see Clark return. I wouldn't be upset either. I'd certainly have him behind Russel and Reilly in the pecking order though. Both are proven goalscorers at this level unlike Clark.

Now that he has retained all of this seasons squad he wanted to, I doubt we'll see any further movement until pre-season training starts. Which is the right way to go about it IMO.

We just have to hope his signings are more Dowie and Kerr than Antell and Dzierzawski.

Guest TOPFITTER

So what is the announcement re Palmerston that the board are announcing in a few weeks?! Any rumours?

Mark Robertson back in readying for Billy's signing off after getting the Club onto a Great Footing???

I disagree, think we may get one or two before pre season, McIntyre seems to want his business done early to save the same kind of pre season as last

This. If there are players available now who will improve the squad I would sign them now. Especially if they have a decent record/experience at this, or a higher, level. Why run the risk of them going elsewhere?

I disagree, think we may get one or two before pre season, McIntyre seems to want his business done early to save the same kind of pre season as last

If he wants Clark, McHugh or Kidd to re-sign I could see those going through as he knows what they can do. Likewise Cardle or anyone that's been at a club with him previously.

Anyone else I'd like him to take on trial first I think.

So what is the announcement re Palmerston that the board are announcing in a few weeks?! Any rumours?

Maybe the Terregles St stand is going to be brought up to standard as we will want to be able to get as many fans in as possible for the big games next season? Maybe the stadium re-build plans are back on?

Maybe the Terregles St stand is going to be brought up to standard as we will want to be able to get as many fans in as possible for the big games next season? Maybe the stadium re-build plans are back on?

Mark Blount's statement on the OS mentions redevelopment of the Terregles street end to accommodate more than the 1000 it currently does. Would make sense, with the Rangers, Hearts and potentially Hibs visiting next year.

Indeed, or using the NPG90 method discussed in an earlier post - where we all agreed that Reilly's numbers were excellent.

attachicon.gifseason1314.JPG

Source: Nicky Clark stats ; Gavin Reilly stats

Now obviously one person is going to start whining that it isn't a fair comparison. Reilly was facing better class defenders/goalies in the Championship this season than Clark? Well, here are Reilly's stats for 2012/2013;

attachicon.gifseason1213.JPG

So Reilly's NPG90 in last year's Div1 is better than Clark's in the same division this year, but not by much. Clark's NPG90 last season was a tremendous 0.96!

Interesting comparison but what I would say is Reilly's proved he can score goals at whatever level he has played where as Clark had a full season in the second tier and only managed 1 goal. Although to be fair he was hindered by the team and Manager that season.

Anyway I wouldn't be looking to bring Clark back I think we should wait until the window opens and see which proven strikers become available.

Mark Blunts statement now has everyone guessing, is the pitch to be re-laid?

Edit to say according to the SFL site Clark has only scored 8 league goals!

Edited by Hawk

Interesting comparison but what I would say is Reilly's proved he can score goals at whatever level he has played where as Clark had a full season in the second tier and only managed 1 goal. Although to be fair he was hindered by the team and Manager that season.

And the not unreasonable fact that he played virtually none of those games as a striker and most of them as a substitute.

If there was the slightest chance that Nicky Clark was available on loan at an affordable price I'd walk to Glasgow myself with the transfer forms! Anyone who thinks he wouldn't improve our team after watching him last season wants their head examined.

Anyway I wouldn't be looking to bring Clark back I think we should wait until the window opens and see which proven strikers become available.

Mark Blunts statement now has everyone guessing, is the pitch to be re-laid?

k

Edit to say according to the SFL site Clark has only scored 8 league goals!

Yes , the pitch will be relaid , but don't worry , it won't cost Queens a penny .

Guest TOPFITTER

And the not unreasonable fact that he played virtually none of those games as a striker and most of them as a substitute.

If there was the slightest chance that Nicky Clark was available on loan at an affordable price I'd walk to Glasgow myself with the transfer forms! Anyone who thinks he wouldn't improve our team after watching him last season wants their head examined.

Glad you got that of your chest and left us in no doubt where you stand on the "Clark Returning" debate.

I'm sure the "GAFFER" has targets that he will be chasing, I await there unveiling with baited breath !!!

I'd crawl over 50 miles of broken glass to see Dobbie in a Queens shirt again (as long as it wasn't another 3 second cameo).

I'd be less keen for a player with precisely zero career goals in the Scottish Championship.

Glad you got that of your chest and left us in no doubt where you stand on the "Clark Returning" debate.

I'm sure the "GAFFER" has targets that he will be chasing, I await there unveiling with baited breath !!!

I doubt Nicky Clark will be available and if he was most likely bigger clubs than us would be in for him. The idea that he wouldnt get in our first eleven now though is too preposterous to let pass uncommented.

Still very interested in Queens too. Was at both legs of our playoff v Falkirk as a Queens fan too.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I'd crawl over 50 miles of broken glass to see Dobbie in a Queens shirt again (as long as it wasn't another 3 second cameo).

Careful Cammy. Don't you dare grumble about the 3 second cameo.

It's apparently not acceptable to do so.

I'd be less keen for a player with precisely zero career goals in the Scottish Championship.

Exactly this.

I doubt Nicky Clark will be available and if he was most likely bigger clubs than us would be in for him. The idea that he wouldnt get in our first eleven now though is too preposterous to let pass uncommented.

Still very interested in Queens too. Was at both legs of our playoff v Falkirk as a Queens fan too.

Pray tell why would bigger teams be interested in Clark, if he's not doing it for "Servco" what gives you the idea he could do it for someone else in a high league?