The Queen of the South thread

Guest TOPFITTER

Kerr is gone ! now is the chance for Kevin Dzierzawski to, as the Americans would say, "Step Up To The Plate" and also prove that "Nice Guys" sometimes win :thumsup2

A couple of responses to posts on here:

Who is to say that Burns/McKenna will be the same players when they come back after their injuries? They may never quite recover to level they were at before or become injury prone. Both play a very different role to Kerr.

A lot of feelings here that JT could be the problem and that an assistant manger should be brought in. If one is, does that not prove Kerr was right and this undermines the manager just as much

Guest TOPFITTER

Kerr for me will be a big miss, would be the first name down on the teamsheet each week if I was the Manager.

MUSKYQOS, you have just astounded me, before Dowie, Holt, Higgins, McShane, Reilly, Russel or Lyle ???

Maybe you have just wooshed me :bairn

Allegedly told big Jim Thomson he's f@@king clueless & then turned on the manager . Asking him " didn't you learn anything from Jim McIntyre because your training is sh@@ :)

Very accurate .some of the youth/20's will tell you that JT'S not exactly on the pulse at training .His man management skills are between zero and nothing .

I can believe the last bit. I don't see how you could require someone to walk from a contract unless you were formally dismissing them for gross misconduct, which is clearly not what's happening here. I am concerned about this. I doubt if it's strengthened Fowler's position at all, and it does suggest disquiet which you'd imagine must be more widely felt. Again, I'm guessing here - I certainly don't know anything. It just seems a pity that it's all gone so sour since the euphoria of the Rangers game. I'm also alarmed by the rumoured prospect of a fired up Kerr, lining up against us in a crunch fixture at Falkirk in mid-January.

I can believe the last bit. I don't see how you could require someone to walk from a contract unless you were formally dismissing them for gross misconduct, which is clearly not what's happening here. I am concerned about this. I doubt if it's strengthened Fowler's position at all, and it does suggest disquiet which you'd imagine must be more widely felt. Again, I'm guessing here - I certainly don't know anything. It just seems a pity that it's all gone so sour since the euphoria of the Rangers game. I'm also alarmed by the rumoured prospect of a fired up Kerr, lining up against us in a crunch fixture at Falkirk in mid-January.

You go with a young manager with no experience, then you have to accept the problems it may bring. It´s the same in any job and not a gamble I would take personally.

Just to add, Fowler's appointment should have been with an experienced assistant. If all the gossip is true, then the BOD must clearly take the blame for this mess.

They told him if he didnt appoint an assistant pronto, they would .He then did,and it has turned out a fiasco .

Guest TOPFITTER

Maybe just maybe the board allowed him to leave with a modicum of dignity re; mutual agreement so as not to damage any future career opportunities, that would be magmanimous if the rumours do in fact hold any water ;)

I'm going to probably be in the minority here, it's an age thing. Back in the days Kerr would have been sent to train and play with the youths/reserves and given a few weeks to clear his head. This would also stop the possibilities of him going to one of our possible rivals.

I'm going to probably be in the minority here, it's an age thing. Back in the days Kerr would have been sent to train and play with the youths/reserves and given a few weeks to clear his head. This would also stop the possibilities of him going to one of our possible rivals.

Free's up a wage for someone that wants to play for QoS.

Guest Back Post Misses

this is not the 1st time Kerr has acted this way he aparantly done the same at Falkirk when Hughes was manager when he was wanting a move.

Hughes was never his manager, it was a joint role for 6 months held with Coyle. McCall poached him when he went to Dundee Utd.

Maybe just maybe the board allowed him to leave with a modicum of dignity re; mutual agreement so as not to damage any future career opportunities, that would be magmanimous if the rumours do in fact hold any water ;)

Based on the nature of the statement on the OS, I wouldn't have said that a desire to display magnanimity was dominant among the board's priorities.

Why should the board out up a lovely statement about someone that wants to leave the club & has differences with the club.

Whatever has happened it would have shown the club in a better light to have thanked Kerr for the efforts he made while he was with us. Not doing so lacks class in my view. It doesn`t have to be "lovely" just an acknowledgement of the efforts he did make for the club.

Why should the board out up a lovely statement about someone that wants to leave the club & has differences with the club.

I've no idea. Strange question.

I didn't suggest they should, although I agreed with another poster much earlier today, when he said that thanking him for his contribution might have been classier.