The Queen of the South thread

Just read that Queens made a £55,000 profit for the last financial year .

May not be much but it's another step in the right direction

Any profit is good maybe other clubs in our league should take note!!

To think that was the year ending 31st May, so hopefully it'll be onwards and upwards from then also.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Just read that Queens made a £55,000 profit for the last financial year .

May not be much but it's another step in the right direction

Any club making a financial profit in Scottish football's current economic climate should be applauded.

Maybe our BoD should offer money advice to the likes of the SPFL, SFA, Sevco, etc.... ;)

Any profit is good maybe other clubs in our league should take note!!

if your going to make such bold statements at least have the baws to name them :lol:

for the record our accounts

The Club’s accounts for the year ended 30th June 2014 have been finalised, approved and signed off by the Auditors. The accounts show almost a 20% increase in profit for the year of £97,499 (previous year £81,350).

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Any club making a financial profit in Scottish football's current economic climate should be applauded.

Maybe our BoD should offer money advice to the likes of the SPFL, SFA, Sevco, etc.... ;)

Absolutely .

Having a quick look at the accounts , Queens made £51,000 from the hire of the pitch / Queens Arena . Also Queens paid Billy Hewitson's company Building Craftsmen Ltd - £194,000 for the development work at the Queens Arena . The directors noted that the value of the work carried out was significantly higher than this sum in commercial terms

Considering we've had two new pitches and an Arena built in that time, whilst remaining competitive on the pitch, I'd say any profit is a good achievement.

Did the council and sport Scotland not supply most of the money to get the plastic pitch laid at Palmerston?

Did the council and sport Scotland not supply most of the money to get the plastic pitch laid at Palmerston?

I knew someone would bring this up regarding my post!

There was definitely external funding for the pitch, and also as the_vortex has pointed out, we in all likelihood saved money keeping the construction work for the Arena "in house".

I don't think taking advantage of these opportunities weakens my case that the board are doing a good job though. In fact I'd be inclined to suggest it strengthens it.

It was not J.T. that was the problem. When Kerr said in the Sun that he thought this person had nothing to do with the football side I did wonder how that could be J.T. It was someone close to J.T. who should not have been anywhere near the dressing room.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Mark Kerr scenario, it absolutely was Jim Thomson he was referring to in that quote and he meant nothing to do with the football side in first team terms. Suggestions that it was someone else are way wide of the mark.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Mark Kerr scenario, it absolutely was Jim Thomson he was referring to in that quote and he meant nothing to do with the football side in first team terms. Suggestions that it was someone else are way wide of the mark.

Not like you to get involved in subjects like this, a little nudge from within to reveal maybe.

That you sticking your big pal JT in it Skyline ?

Can't see him being happy . Just as well he's on holiday ;)

That you sticking your big pal JT in it Skyline ?

Can't see him being happy . Just as well he's on holiday ;)

Think SD is just making the point that it as the assistant manager that was speaking and M Kerr didn't like it. Good riddance.

To me, it shows the stupidity of Kerr's qoute. How is the Assistant Manager of any club not involved in first team affairs. He may not have liked or agreed what Jim said or did but to say he was wrong for claiming that Jim had no right to say or do it. I assume that if he disagrees with Falkirk's assistant manager's comments or approach he will do the same thing?

BTW I am not defending Jim here. I dont know what he said or how he gets involved in training, merely saying that Kerr is wrong in the assumption that Fowlrr's assistant shouldn't have a say on first team matters.

To me, it shows the stupidity of Kerr's qoute. How is the Assistant Manager of any club not involved in first team affairs. He may not have liked or agreed what Jim said or did but to say he was wrong for claiming that Jim had no right to say or do it. I assume that if he disagrees with Falkirk's assistant manager's comments or approach he will do the same thing?

BTW I am not defending Jim here. I dont know what he said or how he gets involved in training, merely saying that Kerr is wrong in the assumption that Fowlrr's assistant shouldn't have a say on first team matters.

Did he not also describe him as a "non-football person", or am I confused? I've not read the article in question.

If so, regardless of a person's view of JT' s coaching ability, it's a bizarre description of an ex-long standing player, who captained the side during some high points of its history.

I may be wrong here but I can remember someone saying JT is not involved in day to day training. Only match days