The Queen of the South thread

Get a fit interested millar he will be the best central mid in the division ...tbh he has always been like that with us but he was obviously not trying a leg with blue toon ...don't get it tbf he can't have made his money so why no motivation? This could be queens best ever signing

I've heard St Johnstone are going to recall Zander Clark. I'd seen it posted on one of the facebook pages but heard it from a St Johnstone supporter today. Hope it isn't the case.

Recalled or we're getting rid of him? Is the injury more serious than we first thought maybe?

Get a fit interested millar he will be the best central mid in the division ...tbh he has always been like that with us but he was obviously not trying a leg with blue toon ...don't get it tbf he can't have made his money so why no motivation? This could be queens best ever signing

Interesting comments by the Dundee Utd fan about him a few posts ago. I could maybe understand him getting pissed off and going through the motions in trawling the First Division grounds with Peterhead but with the Arabs in the top league ? Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I've absolute faith that Jim is more than capable of stepping up, if required to do so.
I've absolute faith that Jim is more than capable of stepping up, if required to do so.
I dont think he is good enough for championship level, I think if Zander left we would have to bring in another keeper.If Jim does become our first pick keeper, I really hope that he makes me eat humble pie.

Here's hoping and based on what I saw of him last year I think you could be right.

I think that we do. I don't think either are good enough for this league. If Zander does go back to Perth, in my opinion, we must bring another keeper in.Again, happy enough to be proven otherwise.

I would also like a new keeper but our chairman might see it different and go with them. And use loan market if anything goes wrong

I've heard St Johnstone are going to recall Zander Clark. I'd seen it posted on one of the facebook pages but heard it from a St Johnstone supporter today. Hope it isn't the case.

Says in this article that Zander will be extending his loan deal with Queens

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/st-johnstone/tommy-wright-hoping-to-make-one-new-signing-1.777187

MARK MILLAR HAS SIGNED till end of season see official website.

Can't believe it's not already been mentioned with us signing Millar from Peterheed. I hope he turns out a better signing than the last guy we got from them. :-)

This could be queens best ever signing

I like the sound of that.

Of course, I think it's likely he'll not be much of a signing and will be forgotten about within a couple of years. But if that's the case, then it's no real harm done.

If however, he does recover form, it might really matter for us at a crucial time.

Give me talent over industry any day.

Nothing to lose here.

As an aside, I see Morton have signed Peter Macdonald from Dundee as player/coach. Now he would have been a more than able replacement for Baird.

It seems that we have missed out on 2 more than able replacements in Scotland and MacDonald to teams in the lower leagues.....that's a pity....but we have a bit of time to get someone in. I think I would prefer a young hungry loan striker from the SPL to be honest.

Lyle and Reilly are doing well, but if we have the budget we should really be looking to sign another striker.

It seems that we have missed out on 2 more than able replacements in Scotland and MacDonald to teams in the lower leagues.....that's a pity....but we have a bit of time to get someone in. I think I would prefer a young hungry loan striker from the SPL to be honest.Lyle and Reilly are doing well, but if we have the budget we should really be looking to sign another striker.

Scotland still appears to be a free agent, but I think I agree that I would prefer a young striker from the Premiership on loan.

I thought Scotland had gone to the Pars?

Youngsters are the way forward- no doubt.

Nevertheless as cover (for the next five months or so), Scotland or Macdonald would have been ideal.

Scotland still appears to be a free agent, but I think I agree that I would prefer a young striker from the Premiership on loan.

I just presumed that Dunfermline signed him as per the rumours, but I see that has not yet happened...

Sorry, Scottish Premiership not SPL, still can't get used to that!

I thought Scotland had gone to the Pars?

Youngsters are the way forward- no doubt.

Nevertheless as cover (for the next five months or so), Scotland or Macdonald would have been ideal.

I would be more than happy with Scotland or MacDonald, I do not think they would be happy being cover for us...and indeed would come with a promise of game time....

I would be happier with a quality youngster, with pace and enthusiasm to prove himself and not rock the boat and get too big for their boots, as it seems may have happened with Kerr and Baird. Granted we don't know the whole story in both cases there, but if there was friction in the camp, I am happy they are gone....

It was not J.T. that was the problem.

When Kerr said in the Sun that he thought this person had nothing to do with the football side I did wonder how that could be J.T.

It was someone close to J.T. who should not have been anywhere near the dressing room.

It was not J.T. that was the problem.

When Kerr said in the Sun that he thought this person had nothing to do with the football side I did wonder how that could be J.T.

It was someone close to J.T. who should not have been anywhere near the dressing room.

Come on then I'm not as privalaged as you to inside info who was it then?