The Queen of the South thread

There appears to be a deficit in leadership. Fowler has done ok but our results are sliding.

SD. with some authority confirmed who the **** Kerr was referring to in his dispute prior to departure.

Someone needs to put sentiment aside and sort this out!

There appears to be a deficit in leadership. Fowler has done ok but our results are sliding.

SD. with some authority confirmed who the **** Kerr was referring to in his dispute prior to departure.

Someone needs to put sentiment aside and sort this out!

Who was putting up the boards with the numbers on for the substations? ;-)

The question has to be asked whether Hewitson has decided that saving £40,000 or £50,000 on not paying half a season wages to Kerr and Baird and Kev. is worth losing to St. J. In the cup adding up to £100,000 reward money for 5th rather than 4th.

Lack of judgment, or drive or is his attention focused elsewhere?

There didn't seem to be an assistant today, no sports guy and nobody doing a warm up or drills with the sub's at halftime. All these things will not help the team. Something needs to happen and happen soon.

Edited to say, a lot of part time and junior teams have people in place to carry out these tasks. Are we being run on to tight a budget?

Edited by Hawk

There didn't seem to be an assistant today, no sports guy and nobody doing a warm up or drills with the sub's at halftime. All these things will not help the team. Something needs to happen and happen soon.

Edited to say, a lot of part time and junior teams have people in place to carry out these tasks. Are

we being run on to tight a budget?

Sure the 20's coach would've been only too happy to help out and put the subs through their paces.

Edited to say, a lot of part time and junior teams have people in place to carry out these tasks. Are we being run on to tight a budget?

Its a bit of concern when you see

this. Where was sport scientist ?

Fowler cant do it all himself. The squad is bare thin and coaching staff even thinner. Extreme cut backs if you ask me.

Get the finger out Hewitson

The question has to be asked whether Hewitson has decided that saving £40,000 or £50,000 on not paying half a season wages to Kerr and Baird and Kev. is worth losing to St. J. In the cup adding up to £100,000 reward money for 5th rather than 4th.

Lack of judgment, or drive or is his attention focused elsewhere?

The chairman is on holiday . As is the club legend /assistant manager /commercial guru .

Both Billy Hewitson and Jim Thomson were at the game today.

Do you know how lacking in information that statement is?

Yes I know you do!

You hide behind a cloud of 'I am not involved' but reveal club secrets'

What are you Ewen?

Ok! I think you are in a difficult position! But I will let you judge?

Yes I know you do!

What are you Ewen?

Why don't you just phone the club and direct your questions to them? Rather than having a pop at someone on a message board. I don't think SD hides behind anything. He's obviously involved with the club and has never hidden that fact. Just because he is involved doesn't mean we have to expect him to tell us everything that's going on within. I assume SD will know more than he is allowed to say, but I'm sure if he started writing up everything he knew then he wouldn't be involved within the club for much longer. The guy appears to be very professional on here, I don't know what you expect from him. It's very harsh of you to have a pop at the guy just because he's not on here spouting everything you want to hear ;)

Edited by 19QOS19

I prefer to have pops at the club and Ewan and Billy from afar!

Ewan, I know does good stuff! And has the best interests of the club at heart! But he is good at maths!

Billy I am not sure about! Given the land deals that have happened with the club!

I am not suggesting at all any impropriety !

But...

Transparency would be good?

Yes I know you do!

What are you Ewen?

You are a bit of a twat are you not ? Smart ass c@nt .

I agree that we desperately need a striker but rather than blow precious money on someone , I would put Russell up front with Reilly and have the tan man ready to do his half hour cameo. Paton can go wide to let Russell go forward . Plenty of midfield cover coming back now.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

The lack of decent set piece delivery is a major concern as well. McShane was not clearing the first defender but we kept letting him take them . If something isn't working then you have to try something different. Shame because we have players like Dowie who will attack the ball in the air. Oh for a Mitchell cross !

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

The lack of decent set piece delivery is a major concern as well. McShane was not clearing the first defender but we kept letting him take them . If something isn't working then you have to try something different. Shame because we have players like Dowie who will attack the ball in the air. Oh for a Mitchell cross !

It would almost be worth rushing Mitchell back for this reason, even if there were reservations about his readiness defensively.

McShane can deliver a decent ball, but he's not reliable in this regard and yesterday was just ridiculous. It's a measure of our decent first half performance yesterday that we forced so many corners and the odd free-kick down the right hand side, but the result each time was immensely frustrating.

Such situations could, as you say, offer us a decent weapon as the big defenders go forward, but the delivery obviously needs to be right.