The Queen of the South thread

I don't remember many complaints about Fowler's attacking instincts, or lack of, when we pumped Cowdenbeath 5-0. Or played The Rangers off the park. Or matched Hearts last week. Or comfortably beat St Johnstone. Etc.

I sometimes think certain people almost want our season to blow up so they can make "I told you so" style posts.

Thankfully I can't see it happening.

F***** nonsense . Who do you reckon wants our season to blow up ? Doubt that any of those making comments about our one forward want us to fail .. In three of the games you mention, I am sure we won with two forwards playing and the other was a defeat with one striker. Taking that into account , I'm not sure what your point was caller. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Nowt to do wae fowler. Hewitson watching the fucking cash. Status Quo more important than football

Status quo are not going to cost qos money but will make them money and as Billy has already stated PALMERSTON park is 1st and foremost a football stadium but if it can be used to generate the club more money why not use it to the clubs advantage.

Why is it always after not winning a game lots of negative posts come along?

Yesterday was dissapointing no doubt about it. But the fact is there is going to be a lot of unexpected twists in this race for 4th.Wev been pretty much waiting for falkirk to capitalise on.our slip ups and its still not really happened granted we are on same level of points. We have home advantage over them in the scottish cup and the league , 2 season defining games. We are a different proposition at palmy. Obviously the red card for tan man is daft and yes we probably should have brought some cover in but this team has battled away a lot of the season with key players out. Some of the performances have been superb aswell. Bring on next week!

Edited by QosLoyal

Nowt to do wae fowler. Hewitson watching the fucking cash. Status Quo more important than football

Sick of seeing the Status Quo posters , hearing the advert on WestSound Radio and reading the adverts in the Standard & match programme .

Their priorities are all wrong . Can't say I've seen much publicity about this Friday's quarter final ;)

Sick of seeing the Status Quo posters , hearing the advert on WestSound Radio and reading the adverts in the Standard & match programme .

Their priorities are all wrong . Can't say I've seen much publicity about this Friday's quarter final ;)

A local of a sporting nature that doesn't know we are playing in the QF on Friday might well have been living in a cave for the past month

I wasn't talking specifically about the number of strikers that take the field in any given game, more commenting on the searing levels of negativity that arise after a disappointing result.

This has already been a very memorable season, and Fowler has more than played his part in it. His tactical decisions are open for debate and criticism the same as any manager, but to suggest he is a negative or defensive manager is churlish if you ask me.

He's changed the system to encourage Holt and Kidd to get forward and he's played our two most creative central midfielders yesterday when he could easily have played Burns and/or McKenna. Paton and Carmichael aren't exactly defensive minded either. In fact of the available attacking players, only Russell was left out.

A local of a sporting nature that doesn't know we are playing in the QF on Friday might well have been living in a cave for the past month

Agreed. It has been mentioned in local papers, National papers, advertised as a live match on BBC Scotland's Sprtscene and on BBC Scotland Radio's Sportsound. I heard that even Border TV have mentioned it. Short of hiring a Town Crier to tour the streets shouting about it, I don't know how much more the Club can do.

I heard something recently that, if true, would mean that is very wrong. I dont know if it is true, though, so I wont repeat it on here

I wasn't talking specifically about the number of strikers that take the field in any given game, more commenting on the searing levels of negativity that arise after a disappointing result.

This has already been a very memorable season, and Fowler has more than played his part in it. His tactical decisions are open for debate and criticism the same as any manager, but to suggest he is a negative or defensive manager is churlish if you ask me.

He's changed the system to encourage Holt and Kidd to get forward and he's played our two most creative central midfielders yesterday when he could easily have played Burns and/or McKenna. Paton and Carmichael aren't exactly defensive minded either. In fact of the available attacking players, only Russell was left out.

This. Had we drawn on Saturday but started with two "strikers" then all would have been forgiven.

We've scored more league goals than Falkirk, significantly more than the rest of the teams below us, as you'd expect, and only 3 less than Rangers.

ETA - we had more shots on Saturday than in either of the recent wins against Alloa or Cowdenbeath

Edited by Mr X

Loop

I heard something recently that, if true, would mean that is very wrong. I dont know if it is true, though, so I wont repeat it on here

This. Had we drawn on Saturday but started with two "strikers" then all would have been forgiven.

We've scored more league goals than Falkirk, significantly more than the rest of the teams below us, as you'd expect, and only 3 less than Rangers.

Falkirk will quickly overtake us in the goalscoring stakes if we were to continue along similar lines . Two forwards is the minimum we should play as we aren't up against the likes of friggin Barcelona . Do you think we would be outscoring Falkirk so far by playing Lyle up front supported by a midfielder ? Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Falkirk will quickly overtake us in the goalscoring stakes if we were to continue along similar lines . Have you considered why we have scored more goals than Falkirk ?

If "similar lines" means one striker then I dont think theres much point continuing this discussion.

Explain? Any clues on what your talking about would be nice, very open sentence.

Status quo are not going to cost qos money but will make them money and as Billy has already stated PALMERSTON park is 1st and foremost a football stadium but if it can be used to generate the club more money why not use it to the clubs advantage.

Why is it always after not winning a game lots of negative posts come along?

Don't be so sure, it depends on how many tickets are sold. From what I have heard they are not selling as expected, hence all the advertising.

As I said, I have no idea if there is any truth to what I heard, so I wont be repeating it on here.

I think you should just say everything, spill all of the beans, and deny responsibility by saying 'rumoured'.

Or just share it with me. You can't expect to keep all of these murmerings in your head can you? I can help you carry them for a while. Share the load.

Loop Falkirk will quickly overtake us in the goalscoring stakes if we were to continue along similar lines . Two forwards is the minimum we should play as we aren't up against the likes of friggin Barcelona . Do you think we would be outscoring Falkirk so far by playing Lyle up front supported by a midfielder ?

Well we've played 3 forwards since moving to a back 3, so whats the problem?

I meant to edit my post to add we had more shots on Saturday than in either of the recent wins against Alloa or Cowdenbeath. Attacking intent and creating chances obviously wasnt an issue on Saturday

Don't be so sure, it depends on how many tickets are sold. From what I have heard they are not selling as expected, hence all the advertising.

Why should it matter to QoS how many tickets are sold? That's not supposed to sound cheeky, it's a genuine question.

I have no idea how the business works but what I thought happened with regards to these types of concert; specifically Status Quo and Palmerston is this:-

Status Quo hire Palmerston. They pay us £££ for the rental of our facilities. Status Quo's management are responsible for the advertising. The only thing I thought QoS FC would have to provide is a suitable venue and security/safety. The amount of tickets sold for the gig shouldn't affect the amount of money QoS receive as the hiring of Palmerston should be a set price. If the band don't sell as many tickets as they expect then that's tough shit for them, but QoS still get their agreed fee. As I say, I don't have a clue about the way it works, but I'd be pretty shocked and disappointed if it's QoS' responsibility to do ALL the running with regards to selling tickets.

Edited by 19QOS19