The Queen of the South thread

Heffernan would be good for QotS. He showed in his short period at Dens that he could still have something to offer and looked a much better link-up man that Clarkson had been.

In regards to Dyer, I think he's a possibility for you lot, but you'd have to stop playing with wing-backs as he's not really suited to playing like that at all really.

Letheren is a step up from Clark though and I can't see him getting a top flight club, you'd do well to snap him up!

Heffernan would be good for QotS. He showed in his short period at Dens that he could still have something to offer and looked a much better link-up man that Clarkson had been.

In regards to Dyer, I think he's a possibility for you lot, but you'd have to stop playing with wing-backs as he's not really suited to playing like that at all really.

Letheren is a step up from Clark though and I can't see him getting a top flight club, you'd do well to snap him up!

Lyle has played the link up role really well this season and, to be honest, Id rather have a fit Paton than Heffernan. I hope we go for someone with a bit of pace up front, either to replace Reilly or as a third striker who'll provide something different if Reilly stays.

Sounds like Dyer isnt going to be a good fit then. We'll take Letheren instead :lol:

Lyle has played the link up role really well this season and, to be honest, Id rather have a fit Paton than Heffernan. I hope we go for someone with a bit of pace up front, either to replace Reilly or as a third striker who'll provide something different if Reilly stays.

Sounds like Dyer isnt going to be a good fit then. We'll take Letheren instead :lol:

I'd love to keep Letheren but he is too good to be backup. You may remember his league winning save but check out his effort against Aberdeen on Saturday if you have a spare 5 mins.

Crosses aren't his friend particularly but he's still a premiership standard keeper.

On the McKenna thread it wouldnt suprise me if McKenna went to Dunfermline with Alan Johnston.

Hope not because although McKenna has had a horrendous time with injuries he has played really well in the run in and can do a job for us.

On the goalkeeper front is Annan's Mitchell not the reserve keeper ............. Cant see us being interested in signing a No 2 - we already have a very able deputy in Jim Atkinson.

On the McKenna thread it wouldnt suprise me if McKenna went to Dunfermline with Alan Johnston.

Hope not because although McKenna has had a horrendous time with injuries he has played really well in the run in and can do a job for us.

On the goalkeeper front is Annan's Mitchell not the reserve keeper ............. Cant see us being interested in signing a No 2 - we already have a very able deputy in Jim Atkinson.

he is their first choice keeper .

I'd love to keep Letheren but he is too good to be backup. You may remember his league winning save but check out his effort against Aberdeen on Saturday if you have a spare 5 mins.

Crosses aren't his friend particularly but he's still a premiership standard keeper.

Dundee have made some excellent signings in Hemmings, Holt , Meggatt and others . Hartley using his knowledge of lower league football and Dundee will do well 15-16 .

What do you mean Letheren is a step up from Clark ? Zander Clark is only 22 and should have a bright future . I take it that David Clarkson started really well as I can remember but just fizzled out ?

Millar is a great footballer its just a pity he seems too fond of the odd cheeseburger in the off season, that was the reason Houston took the contract offer off the table when he took over from Holt, apparently Millar turned up like he had been supersizing the the big macs, and was nowhere near fit hence he ended up at Peterhead. If you can get him fit and healthy and keep him that way you will have one hell of a player.

Millar is a great footballer its just a pity he seems too fond of the odd cheeseburger in the off season, that was the reason Houston took the contract offer off the table when he took over from Holt, apparently Millar turned up like he had been supersizing the the big macs, and was nowhere near fit hence he ended up at Peterhead. If you can get him fit and healthy and keep him that way you will have one hell of a player.

I have a feeling that he likes the Big Macs at all times, not just the close season. A stint in the Second Division should have been enough to scare him to his senses. Now he has to buckle down and prove Fowlers faith in him. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else (apologies if I have missed it) but thought stewards and police did a good job on Sunday without any undue hassle. I wasn't looking forward to going to Ibrox but it was OK apart from being kept in a for 'a few minutes' at end of match for our own safety. I was looking for a quick get away but left it too late (hoping we could take it to extra time) and as a result got held back then being unable to walk behind stand to Ibrox subway station. Result being ended up at back of queue at corner of Ibrox stadium and not getting away until about 6.20pm.

I'd certainly go back to Ibrox

Would be odd, ironically centre mid is the only position we're covered in.

Did Allan Johnston have any tendancies with buying players?

We've released 18 players so we're pretty dependent on him having a good eye...

Edited by Grant228

Would be odd, ironically centre mid is the only position we're covered in.

Did Allan Johnston have any tendancies with buying players?

We've released 18 players so we're pretty dependent on him having a good eye...

He had a terrible knack of signing really really well. McKenna would be a great signing for the seaside league if kept fit.

Sticking with my prediction that Millar will be a big player for QoS next season, he has the touch & know how like a former fans fav, and has had the same sort of career path.

He had a terrible knack of signing really really well. McKenna would be a great signing for the seaside league if kept fit.

Well that sounds fantastic.

Not doubting his ability, just with the amount of players we have in that position we'd be wasting a budget.

Fat chance of anyone taking the players in contract out of our hands aswell.

Well that sounds fantastic.

Not doubting his ability, just with the amount of players we have in that position we'd be wasting a budget.

Fat chance of anyone taking the players in contract out of our hands aswell.

I think the only player he brought in that didn't really work was Hopkirk so could be interesting if he fancies him this time. Durnan was by far his best signing and turning Nicky Clark from an average right midfielder to a 40 odd goal striker was his best piece of work. I would imagine your board will be looking for instant results just like ours were and I would back him to deliver.

Durnan was by far his best signing

Durnan might have been his best signing but considering he also brought in Chris Mitchell, Derek Lyle and Derek Young I wouldnt have said "by far".

Generally did very well though. Even Hopkirk wasnt a complete failure. Just a bit unlucky not to be able to force his way into the side. Also re-signed Willie Gibson and Paul Burns, brought in Michael Paton and his parting gift was signing Iain Russell before he left. He was well backed by the Board but it would be hard to criticise his signings.