The Queen of the South thread

Durnan might have been his best signing but considering he also brought in Chris Mitchell, Derek Lyle and Derek Young I wouldnt have said "by far".

Generally did very well though. Even Hopkirk wasnt a complete failure. Just a bit unlucky not to be able to force his way into the side. Also re-signed Willie Gibson and Paul Burns, brought in Michael Paton and his parting gift was signing Iain Russell before he left. He was well backed by the Board but it would be hard to criticise his signings.

As important as his good signing record, was his sense of who to hang onto.

It was by no means obvious who should be retained after the disastrous Gus season. He kept a good core though, with again Nicky Clark turning out to be the best decision, although it's not one that many of us would have made at the time.

Durnan might have been his best signing but considering he also brought in Chris Mitchell, Derek Lyle and Derek Young I wouldnt have said "by far".

Generally did very well though. Even Hopkirk wasnt a complete failure. Just a bit unlucky not to be able to force his way into the side. Also re-signed Willie Gibson and Paul Burns, brought in Michael Paton and his parting gift was signing Iain Russell before he left. He was well backed by the Board but it would be hard to criticise his signings.

It seems Holt is going to Dundee . When will the official site be updated ?

It seems Holt is going to Dundee . When will the official site be updated ?

Holt has signed a pre contract with dundee it will be a 3 yr contract from July, now Queens only need to sort out the compensation development fee sure to goto a tribunal would guess we get 60/70k having asked for maybe 100k and been offered considerable less.

We already offered at least 60k I believe. We tabled two bids both of which were rejected offhand. Not sure if the 60k was the first or second bid.

Hope the board back Fowler in this transfer window considering it looks like this season could see the biggest change in personal for a few years

Listening to the podcast it sounds as though they are going to go down the route of youth rather than experience which generally comes at a cost!

This year our success has been down to the great blend of youthful energy and experience. It will all depend on who and how many we lose but I think this will be a huge task and a busy summer for Fowler. As long as he's allowed to use the money we get from any players moving on it should help as I'm sure with his years playing at the top of Scottish football he'll have plenty of good connection.

Yes also heard that story.

There could well be a major rebuilding of the squad in the summer seems a lot of players could be moving on or not being offered new deals so really hope the board still have big ambition to move that step uo to tge top flight and back Fowler.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Listening to the podcast it sounds as though they are going to go down the route of youth rather than experience which generally comes at a cost!This year our success has been down to the great blend of youthful energy and experience. It will all depend on who and how many we lose but I think this will be a huge task and a busy summer for Fowler. As long as he's allowed to use the money we get from any players moving on it should help as I'm sure with his years playing at the top of Scottish football he'll have plenty of good connection.

We've already re-signed the majority of our experienced players, and the ones that we are likely to lose will be young players. Going down this route with any replacements is definitely the way to go, and shouldn't change the dynamic of the team too much at all.

McKenna has been a great us and will be missed if the rumours are true that he is away.

I don't like folk saying that whatever money we get from likes of holt,rielly etc should be used to buy players , think some should go into the wage budget but we shouldn't be going out spending daft money. will have the same budget as this season I think , the board will already know what the plans are with the money we get from players

McKenna has been a great us and will be missed if the rumours are true that he is away.

I don't like folk saying that whatever money we get from likes of holt,rielly etc should be used to buy players , think some should go into the wage budget but we shouldn't be going out spending daft money. will have the same budget as this season I think , the board will already know what the plans are with the money we get from players

This. Invest some into the wage budget but theres no point in blowing it all on the squad

the queens official website has got to be one of the worst for updates

In what way?

the queens official website has got to be one of the worst for updates

I completely disagree. They rightly don't announce things until they are official, but once they are they are pretty quick. They have also not announced people leaving at the end of their contract for a few years now, I have no problem with that.

This. Invest some into the wage budget but theres no point in blowing it all on the squad

I would have thought that there would have been a lot of extra income this season based on our home gates to swell the coffer's and help with the players wage budget. I'm not saying we should now be cash rich but money wise I would think things will be looking favourable. Edited by Hawk