The Queen of the South thread

He'll likely be deployed as a LWB. As Hartley seems to favour an ultra narrow system that only has the wing backs offering any width.

That is undoubtedly his best position. He has the engine to get up and down all day long. We've played with wing backs for most of this season and he has really shone. He'll do the same for you.

Best of luck to Holty, has been a pleasure watching him develop and progress at Palmerston. A really decent signing for Dundee and I look forward to watching him in the top flight next season.

Wont be a big ban. 4 or 5 games. Everyone makes mistakes and he is a quality player.

Remember lyle had baggage and the club stood by him

Not so sure I would use the term quality describing him. If rumours are to be trusted McKenna is moving on and personally would rather we were able to sign him on for another term.

Gutted for us but happy for Holt. As 'one of our own' I wish him nothing but success in his career. Can only see good things for the lad and as much as I've got a personal dislike for Dundee F.C. it's probably a very sensible move for him. Get 3 years experience at a higher level before making the jump down south.

It's something the rest of our youngsters need as well IMO. Out of the lot of them I'd only be confident that Holt could have made an instant leap across the border. The rest definitely need another year at this level or the Premiership first.

Good luck Holty, you'll be missed.

Time for Slattery to step up to the mark?

I saw Robbie Thomson with his girlfriend in the Queens end yesterday (either that or a lookalike is pumpin' his bird). I don't know if that means anything... but he looked decent to me when we've played against Cowdenbeath this season.

Not so sure I would use the term quality describing him. If rumours are to be trusted McKenna is moving on and personally would rather we were able to sign him on for another term.

I would have thought Mckenna would have been signed up by now. I really hope he stays as he'll be very hard to replace. I don't think Mcshane and millar will work particularly well together as they don't have that defensive side as much.

McMillan played left back for us this season and was solid, my favourite player before he got sacked, would be a great signing for queens, I'd take him back at Thistle but it won't happen.

I have no doubt he could fill in there but would be looking for a more solid option. We should maybe have looked into getting Willie Dyer as part of the holt deal.

McMillian was sacked from Patrick.

Good player but Patrick don,t just sack players for no reason.

Why don,t we look at what we have just now.

Pat Slattery could play left back.

Surely we will get at least £50,000 for Holt no less.

At least we will get a fee as we would for Reilly and Durnan.

Danny Carmichael will leave for nothing it seems Dundee United are after him.

McMillian was sacked from Patrick.Good player but Patrick don,t just sack players for no reason.Why don,t we look at what we have just now.Pat Slattery could play left back.Surely we will get at least £50,000 for Holt no less.At least we will get a fee as we would for Reilly and Durnan.Danny Carmichael will leave for nothing it seems Dundee United are after him.

Would still take mcmillan.