The Queen of the South thread

No sale of tickets on Saturday ?Take it we did not sell out ?Very poor that we could not sell 900 tickets at a £5 It is only Glasgow as well so easy to get to.

Its not the distance its the venue!

Superb news kidds came on leaps and bounds and millar with a pre season behind him will be a lot stronger and a big asset. Hopefully some of our other key players sign up.

I think Millar is a gamble but a worthwhile one . There is a helluva player in there . The biggest compliment I can pay to Kidd is that when he is not playing, we don't have miss him. All good news .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Who cares about the venue Queens are playing in the playoffs and only £5 !!!

Sorry but the venue us very off putting, we did take more to Falkirk last season at this stage and am sure if we win this tie we will sellout our 1500 alloc for Easter road.

Sorry but the venue us very off putting, we did take more to Falkirk last season at this stage and am sure if we win this tie we will sellout our 1500 alloc for Easter road.

I would have thought the fact we were 2-1 up on Falkirk compared to 2-1 down here is as relevant as the venue is. Pretty sure we would have sold out if the tickets had been sold generally before the first leg. Edited by Skyline Drifter

Who cares about the venue Queens are playing in the playoffs and only £5 !!!

They could be offering to pay me 5 quid and I still wouldn't be going to that place. If we manage to get through I will definitely be going to easter road.

I would have thought the fact we were 2-1 up on Falkirk compared to 2-1 down here is as relevant as the venue is. Pretty sure we would have sold out if the tickets had been sold generally before the first leg.

I dont the very small section given to away fans at ibrox is very intimidating with home fans to the left and right of you only segragated by a line of stewards and then their is the home fans above say no more. The occasion may be diff from the directors box area Skyline.

I've not been here all week so not entirely sure. I think it's nearer 900 than 800 though. There were definitely less than 100 left.

Cheers , that's still a decent effort considering all those scared to go :)

I dont the very small section given to away fans at ibrox is very intimidating with home fans to the left and right of you only segragated by a line of stewards and then their is the home fans above say no more. The occasion may be diff from the directors box area Skyline.
I don,t like the section either but Queens are playing in a play off game so any real fan will go.

You can,t pick and choose the playoff game you go to and the bonus is that is only a £5.

Rangers fans above and either side who cares I think the Police and stewards will keep us all safe

I don,t like the section either but Queens are playing in a play off game so any real fan will go.You can,t pick and choose the playoff game you go to and the bonus is that is only a £5.Rangers fans above and either side who cares I think the Police and stewards will keep us all safe

You cant beat the 'real fan' patter!

Guest TOPFITTER

You cant beat the 'real fan' patter!

Also the "Fans Bottling It" mantra,,,, given 1/2 the normal Palmerston attendance will be met and others like myself with committments, (Family, Work,Shifts, Children) can't make it then not to shabby a turn-out I would have thought!!!

But maybe I'm not a "REAL FAN" and I have "BOTTLED IT" give me strength :shutup

Edited by TOPFITTER

Cheers , that's still a decent effort considering all those scared to go :)

There's a difference between being scared to go and choosing not to put yourself in what can be a very intimidating and hostile atmosphere. I have been to Queens' games at Ibrox this season without much problem personally but have seen and heard others experience of what the home fans can do. I will be there on Sunday but can understand why others have decided not to go.

I don,t like the section either but Queens are playing in a play off game so any real fan will go. You can,t pick and choose the playoff game you go to and the bonus is that is only a £5. Rangers fans above and either side who cares I think the Police and stewards will keep us all safe.

Not sure if you are being entirely serious with your thinking that the Police and especially the stewards will keep you safe. Try telling that to Queen's fans and fans of other visiting Clubs who have had food and drink thrown over them. The police probably won't intervene in any problem inside the ground unless requested by the stewards, and the stewards tend to do a Lord Nelson and turn a blind eye to the home fans' behaviour. Even if admission was free I'm sure a lot of people would still opt to spend their Sunday in more peaceful surroundings.

lets hope the team dont bottle it the same way that some of our fans clearly have

Agree with this comment - cant believe that after so many modest years and run of the mill fixtures we get a match that is almost of a similar stature to a Cup Final and we struggle to sell our allocation of 950.

Must admit thought that there would be a scramble for a coveted place but obviously not.

For us to play in front of c.50k is some occasion but not everybody sees it that way.

Strange but true!!!!

Agree with this comment - cant believe that after so many modest years and run of the mill fixtures we get a match that is almost of a similar stature to a Cup Final and we struggle to sell our allocation of 950.

Must admit thought that there would be a scramble for a coveted place but obviously not.

For us to play in front of c.50k is some occasion but not everybody sees it that way.

Strange but true!!!!

I sort of agree.

It's a really huge match and a huge occasion. I would have thought every Queens fan would want to be there, especially at the weekend and especially at £5.

Obviously, it's not ideal that we're a goal down, but it has the potential, albeit slimly, to be one of the greatest days we've ever had.

Strange but true!!!!

The place is fair enough it's just some of the Neanderthals that frequent it that are the problem, along with the stewards and polis that do the square route of hee haw when fluids etc are throw at the away support.