The Queen of the South thread

Your best 4/5 players are leaving and you think mark millar will be the new Gareth bale after a pre-season. He wasn't getting a game for Peterhead Ffs.

Andy Dowie was our best player this year, funnily enough he's contracted for next year. Our top scorer is also contracted for next year.

Your best 4/5 players are leaving and you think mark millar will be the new Gareth bale after a pre-season. He wasn't getting a game for Peterhead Ffs.

:lol: Are you another LFL alias? "mark millar will be the new Gareth bale" ? I'll bite anyway. Please find me one post where a QoS fan has so much as alluded to the idea that Millar will even be our best player next season. Every QoS (and most Falkirk fans for that matter) has pretty much said that there is a quality player there but he needs to work on his fitness. Hardly comparing him with one of the world's best players now is it? We are losing our young players yes and a couple will be sorely missed. But our two best players this year were Dowie (as Monkman pointed out) and Lyle; both of whom have signed up for next term. We will miss our young lads and send them away with our best wishes. It's certainly not going to cripple this club though and they will be replaced in time.

FWIW, do you think this season was a higher peak for Queen of The South F.C. than 2008 where we finished 4th again as well as narrowly being beaten in the Scottish Cup final? :rolleyes:

Edited by 19QOS19

For Gav, but not Queens. Queens have no say where he goes, they just have to agree a compensation fee once he does.

I true but if he moves south they tend to pay more! Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Queens peaked this year - only way is down for you guys I'm afraid

Really? We have peaked 6 of our last 11 seasons....with one 5th place finish in there too....Not bad going for a minnow that you rate as punching above our weight.

We consistently get written off, only to come back the next season as strong....sorry to disappoint.

Looks like your team is being destroyed. Any of you worried about relegation? Is there any youth to come through? It will be a tough league next season again, regardless who's in it.

Could be mid table obscurity for my beloved Bairns again.

Edited by COYB_RAB

We'll be fine.

Reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Indeed.

I'd prefer if we could hang onto these guys, but it's always looked likely we'd lose at least some. The fact that most will bring in some money makes them different from most previous departures.

Apart from maybe Holt, the other guys we're likely to lose are good players but in some way flawed. The facts that we've had a reasonably lucrative season and that plenty decent players are getting released from clubs, tell me that there's nothing here to get unduly concerned about.

Looks like your team is being destroyed. Any of you worried about relegation? Is there any youth to come through? It will be a tough league next season again, regardless who's in it.

Could be mid table obscurity for my beloved Bairns again.

Exaggeration, our best three most consistant players from last season are all signed up again Dowie,Higgy & Del, so far we have lost our injury prone midfielder, a left back, 2nd top goalscorer and our on loan goalie, non of these players are irreplacable.

The reason Fifa got involved in the Mark Stewart case was because Bradford refused to pay compo to us, they thought we weren't entitled to a development fee as he had moved to an English club. Wrong! Bradford then tried to take it to the court of arbitration for sport after we won our case. We still got the cash for him but as it dragged on so long we ended up getting less than we were originally awarded. Tbf he probably wasn't worth anywhere near what we got awarded anyway but that's not the point!