The Queen of the South thread

Opinions on Danny Carmichael?

Suggestions that he might follow McShane to County.

On his day he's unplayable. Problem being it's not very frequent he has these games. You'll be wanting The Rangers to come up as he always shows up against them (massive Sellic fan being the reason IMO :P). His final ball isn't that great. Far too many floated crosses that GK's take all day long. If the boy could get his final ball sorted he'd be down England in no time. An absolute fighter and for his size he certainly doesn't back out of any challenges. Definitely a good player to have in your side and I really hope he stays with us. He's a sound lad t'boot :)

A Killie season ticket holder told me a few weeks ago that we were to sign hefferman and pascalli his role being player ass manager time will tell if true

A lot of people are talking about McCord from alloa, only problem being the guy probably gets a half decent wage playing part time and could have a good fulltime job so to get a player who has been playing part time football for years would be very difficult considering we would probably only offer him a one year contract. Think our best bet is to look at player like britian who has no club.. What yous think about graham Carey who can play in that left wing back position that will be void now holts gone

Edited by Stu1

A lot of people are talking about McCord from alloa, only problem being the guy probably gets a half decent wage playing part time and could have a good fulltime job so to get a player who has been playing part time football for years would be very difficult considering we would probably only offer him a one year contract. Think our best bet is to look at player like britian who has no club.. What yous think about graham Carey who can play in that left wing back position that will be void now holts gone

Fairly sure we were linked with Carey when he left St Mirren. I think he could be a great signing.

A Killie season ticket holder told me a few weeks ago that we were to sign hefferman and pascalli his role being player ass manager time will tell if true

Pascalli offered contract ext at killie

He was Rangers guest at Ibrox on Wednesday night, so I'd imagine there will be a bit of competition.

Not that i want to see Rangers profiting at our expense but i would much rather see players like Danny go to a big club and earn some decent money rather than go to another minnow like Ross County or Dundee.

Players like Danny that given so much to our club over several years deserve to start earning some decent money from the game - just a shame that we get the "centre of a doughnut" in return.

If Danny is to step up however he really needs to find a way to start delivering in the final third and particularly developing a shooting technique that gets him 6/7 goals a season. Without these attributes I fear that his fantastic technical ablity and skill may not be enough to take him where he wants to go.