The Queen of the South thread

Conroy essentially has two attributes, he's a good set-piece taker, and an excellent crosser of a ball. Playing him in the middle means he's never in a position to deliver crosses, and reduces him to a passenger.

If Fowler has signed him to play centrally, then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

I thought Conroys set pieces were quite poor, well his corners and free kicks were but put him on a penalty and he will score 9/10. His record with us was ridiculous.

I thought Conroys set pieces were quite poor, well his corners and free kicks were but put him on a penalty and he will score 9/10. His record with us was ridiculous.

Apparently Jacobs is an excellent penalty taker as well. Shame we don't get any, despite having serial cheat Iain Russell on the books.

Guest Flash

How do you think this list is shaping up now Flash? It looks to me like it might be completed.

It sounds by all accounts as if Jacobs is a similar player to McKenna, and I don't really think Slattery is worthy of inclusion in your list. I think Hilson is probably more of a similar player to Carmichael than Skelton, leaving Skelton as a replacement for McShane.

Yeah, I was going to try to update it as we signed players but I kind of lost track then didn't really know enough about some of the new ones to be able to do it right. I might have another go later on, or somebody else could do it, if they're interested enough.

Think you are maybe right about Hilson and Skelton might be more likely to only play in emergencies.

Also think Fowler has done quite well with his signings but, as I say, I don't really know that much about some of them.

Yeah, I was going to try to update it as we signed players but I kind of lost track then didn't really know enough about some of the new ones to be able to do it right. I might have another go later on, or somebody else could do it, if they're interested enough.

Think you are maybe right about Hilson and Skelton might be more likely to only play in emergencies.

Also think Fowler has done quite well with his signings but, as I say, I don't really know that much about some of them.

He's replaced the numbers anyway which was an initial concern of some when we hadn't signed 10 players a week after the season had ended.

It's pretty unlikely the new players will be of the same ability levels to those they are replacing, and fairly unrealistic to expect that as most had been 3 or 4 year works in progress. Only time will tell if the new players can be developed in the same way.

So I suppose the next test for Fowler would be integrating a large number of new faces. The players took to him quickly last season (bar two obvious exceptions) so I've no concerns in this regard either.

All very exciting.

Indeed. Damp knickers all round.

Could be time for "It's a great feeling at Palmerston" thread.

That's plenty.

Hopefully Mr X will promote the original 'great feeling' thread for our good friends from Inverclyde though.

Guest TOPFITTER

What could go wrong!

Am I deluded, or was there not a "GOOD FEELING" prior to the GUS 'n Andy tenure??? Look how that turned out !!!

Edited by TOPFITTER

Compensation has been agreed between both clubs for Kevin Holt according to one of our unofficial Facebook pages. It doesn't say what the fee is but I suspect it's between £80-120k.

Don't know if missing out on mchugh has prompted us to try get them now. Hopefully it is right enough, I'm gathering Hilson and Higgins give us an option of playing right wing? If we get them two and Masson I'll be more than happy with size of squad

Had heard that hilson can play on the right wing as well as up front what position does the lad carrick play? Oliver is a striker am I right in saying that?