The Queen of the South thread

Higgins is our longest serving (senior) player having joined in 2011!

As I pointed out on the squad thread last week though, ignoring the manager who in practical terms is no longer a player except in case of emergency, we do only have 8 players left who started last season in the first team squad (Atkinson, Dowie, Higgins, Hooper, Kidd, Russell, Lyle and Smith).

Thanks SD. It is a huge turnover of players. It adds a certain excitement and anxiety to the season ahead.

They are storing the plastic pieces which clipped together to cover the pitch. They belong to the Council and were borrowed for the Quo gig. They haven't gone back to whatever storage they came from yet because they need them for the Youth Beatz gig on August 8th so they will probably sit there until they are moved to Dock Park for that.

Good answer - glad they won't be permanent fixtures.

Thanks.

Thanks SD. It is a huge turnover of players. It adds a certain excitement and anxiety to the season ahead.

It's larger than usual due to us losing five players in an upwards direction who all things being equal we'd rather have kept. It's made to look even worse by the fact we've barely changed the squad at all in the previous couple of summers. I would imagine in a squad of 20-24 you'd expect typically to change about one third to one half each season. We only really brought in Kidd, Baird and Fowler last summer (and Kidd wasn't really "new") and Dowie, Antell and (eventually) Dzierzawski the one before. The likes of Clark, Kerr and Millar arrived in mid-seasons too.

They are storing the plastic pieces which clipped together to cover the pitch. They belong to the Council and were borrowed for the Quo gig. They haven't gone back to whatever storage they came from yet because they need them for the Youth Beatz gig on August 8th so they will probably sit there until they are moved to Dock Park for that.

Higgins is our longest serving (senior) player having joined in 2011!

As I pointed out on the squad thread last week though, ignoring the manager who in practical terms is no longer a player except in case of emergency, we do only have 8 players left who started last season in the first team squad (Atkinson, Dowie, Higgins, Hooper, Kidd, Russell, Lyle and Smith).

Thought lyle would have more service than higgy albeit broken service

Thought lyle would have more service than higgy albeit broken service

He will do. I was talking about their current spells, not including previous ones. Hooper, Atkinson and Smith have all been registered to the club longer than Higgins, but not as professionals.

Burner signs for home town club Cumnock in the juniors league. Great signing for them and if previous signing on fees and wages of the ayrshure junior leagues are anything to go by he will be seen alright.

Burner signs for home town club Cumnock in the juniors league. Great signing for them and if previous signing on fees and wages of the ayrshure junior leagues are anything to go by he will be seen alright.

Cracking signing for them. But would Burns' home team not be Irvine Meadow? I always thought that's where he was from.

Amazed he didn't sign for Ayr.

Cracking signing for them. But would Burns' home team not be Irvine Meadow? I always thought that's where he was from.

Nope he is a Cumnock boy. Everyone in Ayrshire is born at Irvine as thats where the maternity hospital is.

Like Hawk though surprised he has gone to Juniors. Thought he would have stayed at SPFL level with Ayr. Perhaps he isnt going to be able to get enough time off work to play every weekend. He should be an outstanding player at Juniors level for a few years yet though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

He was born at Irvine hosp but sure he is a cumnock lad.

Nope he is a Cumnock boy. Everyone in Ayrshire is born at Irvine as thats where the maternity hospital is.

Aah. I thought I was going mad as I always thought he was from Irvine. That explains it then. Right enough Supersouth. As you were :P

Without putting undue pressure on a lad who is only 18, I think he has the potential to be as good, if not better, than Reilly. From the little I have seen of him he seems to have a very similar style to Reilly, with an additional mean-streak that I think you need to have to succeed as a striker.

I'd much prefer to see him given game time than some journeyman, or a young loan player of similar experience whose development is only going to benefit another club.

Good post, my thoughts entirely . Give the young guy game time and let's see what happens.

Alex Harris had 2 good games for us (one of them against the worst Motherwell team in recent memory at their lowest ebb) and spent the rest of the time being powderpuff, failing to beat his man and failing to get the ball into the box.

I genuinely don' think playing a league down will help him at all tbh.....

Seen Harris in his early days at Hibs and remember thinking what a fucking player he was. At the forefront of many sweeping , attacking moves. Shame that he has went backward but I would like to think he is young enough to come back. Almost glides over the pitch and our one would suit him. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Queens Trust raffle tickets on sale before game today at Queens Arena near to the door and next few home games.

£1 a ticket £5 for 6.

Some great prizes incl £100 and £50 gift vouchers for the club shop, framed limited edition Paine Proffitt queens artwork plus many more items.

Raffle to drawn 4th September.