The Queen of the South thread

Queens need to somehow get some quality into the squad.Against Livi in the Cup Queens where very poor.We will come up against better teams that Livi this season going to be a long hard season

Queens have quality players Fowler just needs to get them playing in their best positions and they will do well, despite the loss tonight i thought millar plaurd very well and showed lots of energy that was missing last season, i predict if we can get everyone fit we will be around about the top 4 again.

Lets put tonight behind us 3 other champ sides also changed there team and lost to lower opposition, namely Falkirk Raith and Dumbarton.

Livi deserved to win no doubt . The changes to the team ( first half) made tonight affected the team big time as there was no fluidity at all . Personally, I have no complaints at all as I wanted to see what the other players could do and this was the ideal opportunity to see what they have to offer . Of the boys that haven't featured much so far but got game time tonight , not many ( any) done themselves favours . Thought Millar got stronger and stronger as the game went on- after a poorer spell --- and some of his touches were different class . Brings an energy to the middle of the park and will be a vital player this season . Fucking disappointing end though and the only bright light is that the Petrofac will not be a distraction now in the league or league cup . Again, well done Livi who showed a real desire I thought and best of luck in the next round .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

In normal circumstances i wouldnt be too disappointed at a Challenge Cup exit but with Rangers in our region this was a much more important cup competition than the League Cup. If we had won another game or two we would have been in line for a money spinning tie with Rangers. The League Cup on the otherhand is a seeded Comp that favours the Premier League teams.

Think it was an error of judgement to use an experimental line up last night - would have been better to do that against Morton in my view for the reasons stated above. Without Rangers i would have had no problem with the line up but Livvy showed a better attitude and wanted it more. We got what we deserved.

Having seen both Hutton and Heffernan in action they will both need to play much better than that if they are to feature although I thought Brownlee did ok and could be a useful addition. Young Pickard can be excused given his inexperience but he looks pretty slow for a young boy so not sure what position he is going to compete for. Dowie a massive miss.

The initial balance of he team was awful and it was only when Marshall came on that we showed anything. 4-2-3-1 formation was dire especially with Heffernan the focal point.

Given all the changes the one player I felt sorry for was Jim Atkinson - surely he could have been given a start ?

Hope he gets the nod v Morton as he is not doing his development any good sitting on the bench week after week.

I think we will rue that result with The Ibrox legions jumping back on the success chasing bandwagon.

In normal circumstances i wouldnt be too disappointed at a Challenge Cup exit but with Rangers in our region this was a much more important cup competition than the League Cup. If we had won another game or two we would have been in line for a money spinning tie with Rangers. The League Cup on the otherhand is a seeded Comp that favours the Premier League teams.

Think it was an error of judgement to use an experimental line up last night - would have been better to do that against Morton in my view for the reasons stated above. Without Rangers i would have had no problem with the line up but Livvy showed a better attitude and wanted it more. We got what we deserved.

Having seen both Hutton and Heffernan in action they will both need to play much better than that if they are to feature although I thought Brownlee did ok and could be a useful addition. Young Pickard can be excused given his inexperience but he looks pretty slow for a young boy so not sure what position he is going to compete for. Dowie a massive miss.

The initial balance of he team was awful and it was only when Marshall came on that we showed anything. 4-2-3-1 formation was dire especially with Heffernan the focal point.

Given all the changes the one player I felt sorry for was Jim Atkinson - surely he could have been given a start ?

Hope he gets the nod v Morton as he is not doing his development any good sitting on the bench week after week.

I think we will rue that result with The Ibrox legions jumping back on the success chasing bandwagon.

Last 8 is an all in draw its not regional.

Fair point but the reality is that if you keep winning you will eventually meet Rangers and you dont need to do that much to getbinto latter stages of this competition.

Yes agree with only St Mirren thru it would have been a good chance to progress but need to get ovrr it now and move on.

You have to ask yourself why Jim Atkinson is still with Queens . He's been on the bench over 150 times according to last nights match programme . He'd be better off going out on loan or maybe he should of moved on at the end of last season to seek first team football. He can't properly develop on the bench

Fair point but the reality is that if you keep winning you will eventually meet Rangers and you dont need to do that much to getbinto latter stages of this competition.

Why would you want them? We already meet them 4 times this season which is more than enough, especially as it's them.

I don't want to play any side 5 times during the season, I include The Rangers in that. The novelty of playing them wore off a long time ago and the club surely can't be in a financial state where they are praying for them in cup games.

Why would you want them? We already meet them 4 times this season which is more than enough, especially as it's them.

I don't want to play any side 5 times during the season, I include The Rangers in that. The novelty of playing them wore off a long time ago and the club surely can't be in a financial state where they are praying for them in cup games.

Playing them at ibrox would set us up nicely financially getting half their gate money. Edited by SUPERSOUTH

You have to ask yourself why Jim Atkinson is still with Queens . He's been on the bench over 150 times according to last nights match programme . He'd be better off going out on loan or maybe he should of moved on at the end of last season to seek first team football. He can't properly develop on the bench

You are correct, and playing in that under 20s league is not helping him at all .The standard is terrible .

Playing them at ibrox would set us up nicely financially getting half their gate money.

I may be way off, but I get the impression the club are quite sound financially just now. My hope for QoS in cups is to get to the final, not get a money spinner tie.