The Queen of the South thread

That results been coming for a couple of weeks now - we've played well last 4-5 games but been robbed by the dumbos and saints in last two league games.

Still think queens will be comfortably mid table, not because they are full of quality, they just seem to have quite a large squad compared to the others at the bottom. 3 or 4 players out and we can't come close to filling the bench, whereas queens still had quite a few decent options.

At the start of the season I knew it was going to be a tough one .What I hoped for was we would be organised and hard to beat .We are neither .We dont look fit and some of the signings aren't good enough .The football on show is horrific to watch ...no pace ...no passing ....... just hump it and hope .

[/quote

Agree the football is of poor quality, but strongly disagree about the pace, Hilson, Marshall, Harris, Smith, Oliver all have pace the major failings are poor final balls, and basic poor decision making, oh and we need a goalkeeper that moves.

Who do you bring in though? I don't know where I stand about my opinion of Fowler just now, but one thing's for sure, he needs to improve the team's attitude because that was appalling today.

Liked this post on the mad site.

Get Ian McCall back, let him play 3-5-2 and play for 8th place - you know it makes sense !

:lol:

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

We all know Baird is the ultimate In goal hanging ...he's not a great player he either works or doesn't...but he's doing a job for us right now.. Bob mchugh has much more skill but he's a chocolate soldier ....I'm not surprised that queens are struggling without durning & especially holt .. Heart ripped out the team as well as the underrated mcshane who I always thought was a player

Baird seems to be doing pretty well?? Apart from his decent hattrick today he has done f**k all, pretty much like mchugh. It's frustrating as this season outwith the top 2 third is up for grabs but we will be nowhere near that lofty position. Good to see Duke getting a good old crowd dig in though.

Baird seems to be doing pretty well?? Apart from his decent hattrick today he has done f**k all, pretty much like mchugh. It's frustrating as this season outwith the top 2 third is up for grabs but we will be nowhere near that lofty position. Good to see Duke getting a good old crowd dig in though.

And you that how? Baird has played up front pretty much on his own all season. He has had a striking partner in about 4 games. In two of those games he has scored 5 goals. He will do for me at this level. McHugh has hardly been fit since the first couple of weeks when he looked half decent.

Anyway I don't know what you are complaining about. You have had your couple of seasons in the sun. Looks like you could be heading back to the level you have occupied most of my life.

Edited by Back Post Misses

Looks like you could be heading back to the level you have occupied most of my life.

I doubt it. Of course Falkirk could go on and secure promotion and Queens end the season with relegation. However, I think we both know that our respective teams are more than likely to be facing each other in the league again next season.

How'd the hall of fame night go?

Shame a lot of fans were out priced.

Hope burnsy and del along with the others inducted had a good night.

Would have thot the manager and assistant would have had an uncomfortable night.

As for the players they probably just celebrated as normal!.

Shocked to come in this thread and see the opinion on Fowler, as he seemed to be pretty well regarded!

Anyways: My purpose for coming in the thread was to ask about Kevin Holt. Was he always a complete bombscare defensively? I like him, in fact, I like him a lot he is decent in attack and we do tend to play a formation that doesn't give him the fullest of support - but he's a complete liability in defense at times. It's a damning indictment that there's a small minority that'd rather Gary Irvine at LB!

Shocked to come in this thread and see the opinion on Fowler, as he seemed to be pretty well regarded!

Anyways: My purpose for coming in the thread was to ask about Kevin Holt. Was he always a complete bombscare defensively? I like him, in fact, I like him a lot he is decent in attack and we do tend to play a formation that doesn't give him the fullest of support - but he's a complete liability in defense at times. It's a damning indictment that there's a small minority that'd rather Gary Irvine at LB!

Yes Holty was always best going forward on a 352 formation defensively not the best.

Time for Billy to act and get the team in for extra training not the reported couple of hours 4 days a week.

They should have been in today after yesterdays performance.

Fowler is starting to feel pressure and has to pick a team of players he can trust and will give 100% effort for him the club and the Fans.

I tend to be trigger happy in my attitude towards failing managers.

I've got to say though that while Fowler is clearly due plenty of scrutiny and criticism right now, talk of getting rid is wildly premature.

If we're in serious danger of being relegated, come January, then it may indeed be time to consider acting, although I suspect that even then, it wouldn't happen.

We're obviously currently relying on a bright start made to kind fixtures, for keeping us clear of the bottom just now. That spell feels very distant though and the fact that our form is so poor is therefore a real concern.

However, it'll remain (I think rightly) Fowler's job to fix it for the foreseeable.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Despite the run of extremely poor performances i feel that we have some very decent players - the injury lst is horrendous and sadly many of the replacements are simply not good enough.

If we could get back to a starting line up of the following I think that we could compete strongly for a top 4 finish :-

Thomson

Brownlee Dowie. Higgins

Kidd jacobs/ Tapping Hutton Miller Marshall

Lyle hillson

We also have some decent striking options in reserve - Oliver, Russell, smith. In fact any permutation of these 5 forwards is likely to be decent.

Personally i think Conroy and Harris are luxury players who are offering little at present and i think it has been a mistake to persevere with them. Of the youngsters only Smith looks ready to me and Hooper is probably ok if

he has both Dowie and Higgins beside him but he looked very exposed yesterday.Higgy has been struggling a bit and is clearly missing Dowie but for me remains a key player.

I know it is very difficult but if we could stop signing injury prone players that would be a big step forward.

One thing is certain the combination of those 11 players yesterday will take us deep into relegation trouble as the mix was all wrong and frankly that was as bad as I have seen us since the Gus McPherson era.

If the injuries are long term a couple of mid season loan signings would make sense as crowds are drifting to alarming levels . Home results and performances have been awful and lets e honest i doesnt take much to put the Dunfries public off on a good day so I can only iagine how bad the crowds will get if this continues.

Time for Billy to act and get the team in for extra training not the reported couple of hours 4 days a week.

They should have been in today after yesterdays performance.

Fowler is starting to feel pressure and has to pick a team of players he can trust and will give 100% effort for him the club and the Fans.

Since posting this i have heard from one of the players its only 1.5 hours 4 times a week!

No wonder we are so bad what can the team/players expect to gain from that type of training! Get them in double sessions minimum until the can prove they want to play for Queens if they aint happy with that get Rid.