The Queen of the South thread

I just thought he looked a lot leaner at the season's end, than at the start of the season in my humble opinion.

You're talking absolute nonsense. He had a great pre-season last year and started the season after losing weight and looking extremely fit .

Millar's problem remains his attitude . Simple

Pleased mark Millar has signed up for another campaign ( hope we get a manager in that can get the besyyout if this very talented player) be good to see him and Tapping combination in the centre.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

You're talking absolute nonsense. He had a great pre-season last year and started the season after losing weight and looking extremely fit .

Millar's problem remains his attitude . Simple

His attitude isn't good which was highlighted last season, especially when he had a run in with Robbie Thomson. I wouldn't say he was a stand-out pre-season or early in the campaign and don't recall him looking as fit as he was at the end of the season. Even other fans around me noticed the difference in him.

Pleased mark Millar has signed up for another campaign ( hope we get a manager in that can get the besyyout if this very talented player) be good to see him and Tapping combination in the centre.

Very surprised to see Millar back. Don't feel up nor down about it tbh.

Good news with Millar signing up again.

I`m pleased Millar has signed on again. I don`t see all games but in those I did see later in the season I thought he did well.

Onwards and upwards. Let's hope we get a manager signed up soon too.

His attitude isn't good which was highlighted last season, especially when he had a run in with Robbie Thomson. I wouldn't say he was a stand-out pre-season or early in the campaign and don't recall him looking as fit as he was at the end of the season. Even other fans around me noticed the difference in him.

You mean the run in  he had with Thomson at Morton when the goalie made an arse of it? I thought that actually showed that Millar cares and was passionate about not losing the game. Funny how a lot of other supporters viewed this as some sort of confirmation of a poor attitude. It's all about opinions I guess.

He's a talented footballer and we dont have enough talent in the squad, so I'm glad he is staying.

You mean the run in he had with Thomson at Morton when the goalie made an arse of it? I thought that actually showed that Millar cares and was passionate about not losing the game. Funny how a lot of other supporters viewed this as some sort of confirmation of a poor attitude. It's all about opinions I guess.

He's a talented footballer and we dont have enough talent in the squad, so I'm glad he is staying.

I wasn't there so can't comment on what happened. But berating a 'keeper after he makes a blunder isn't something I approve of. The one person who knows more than anyone that they've made a f**k up is the 'keeper himself. He doesn't need dogs abuse from his team-mates to add insult to injury, it won't change what's happened and it doesn't do anything positive for their confidence.

Players wouldn't scream at a striker missing a sitter so I don't see why that should be any different when a GK makes a blunder.

Millar hasn't shown anything this season that really suggests that he has warranted a new deal, last season he flashed promise at points but this season he has descended to sideways passing and not much else. He also must have one of the worst shot attempts to goal ratio of any player in this league.That being said the midfield last season consisted of a load of immobile centre mids and wide players who cut inside all the time so his options were limited to which static player was next to him.

You mean the run in he had with Thomson at Morton when the goalie made an arse of it? I thought that actually showed that Millar cares and was passionate about not losing the game. Funny how a lot of other supporters viewed this as some sort of confirmation of a poor attitude. It's all about opinions I guess.

Yes, that was the incident in question. Milla did start his career at Celtic, so he should be showing more promise. He did say score at Ibrox and his chance at home that hit the crossbar was unlucky.

I wasn't there so can't comment on what happened. But berating a 'keeper after he makes a blunder isn't something I approve of. The one person who knows more than anyone that they've made a f**k up is the 'keeper himself. He doesn't need dogs abuse from his team-mates to add insult to injury, it won't change what's happened and it doesn't do anything positive for their confidence.

Players wouldn't scream at a striker missing a sitter so I don't see why that should be any different when a GK makes a blunder.

Wouldnt they? Outfield players have a go at each other for not passing etc all the time.

I was thinking the opposite but at least we have one from two.

This

^^^GK Union shop steward

I agree entirely. Goalkeepers are easy scapegoats, and trust me from experience, no 'keeper wants an outfield player telling them when they've made a mistake.