The Queen of the South thread

Richard "Bob" Murray got a squad number near the end of the season when we were short of centre halves and Jake Pickard had a pre match fitness test. If he had failed Bob would have been on the bench but he passed.

Jack Brannan was given no. 36 ahead of the Hibs game too as he almost made the bench for that one with Dowie and Kidd out.

Who was number 4 ? He looked very impressive as well, our u20 manager has assembled a team who play nice attractive football and clearly has an eye for some talented youngsters.

Connor Murray, ex St Mirren, has been re-signed as have most of the 20s squad. I need to update the contract expiry page when I get a chance.

Who was number 4 ? He looked very impressive as well, our u20 manager has assembled a team who play nice attractive football and clearly has an eye for some talented youngsters.

That would be Connor Murray, per above. He was on the bench for St Mirren's first team at 15 I think.

That would be Connor Murray, per above. He was on the bench for St Mirren's first team at 15 I think.

Someone above said he was number 8 ? So to avoid any doubt. Who is number 4 ? And who is number 8 ?

Both very impressive.

The 20's won the South of Scotland Cup 5-1 v St Cuthbert's today. Started like a train with Aidan Smith rolling home the first in side a couple of minutes. It was 2-0 when Ryan Nelson cut in from the left and rolled the ball across the face of goal where the St Cuthbert's centre half turned the ball into his own net. To be fair he did have to try to play the ball as Jay McInally was behind him for a tap in. Aidan Smith then struck a direct free kick into the top corner for 3-0.

Jay McInally twice had goals ruled out for offside before Owen Moxon neatly turned in a 4th first time from a high ball. Connor Murray was unlucky on a couple of occasions before a long free kick forward with 8 minutes remaining saw Roman Soltys finally beat Danny Armstrong for a consolation. The scoring wasn't finished though as Dean Brotherston curled a spectacular goal into the top right corner with virtually the last touch.

Team:

Danny Armstrong, Jack Brannan, Rhys Evans, Connor Murray, Jack Dickinson, Bob Murray, Dean Brotherston, Owen Moxon (Bailey White), Jay McInally (Ayrton Sonkur), Aidan Smith, Ryan Nelson

Unused Subs: Jack Leighfield, Owen Bell, Dylan Neill

I've updated the 20's contracts on the website, Brannan, Evans, C Murray, R Murray, McInally, Sonkur, Nelson, Leighfield and Bell have all signed up for another year. Jack Dickinson has decided to leave full time football although he was offered another year. Bailey White will be getting promoted from the 17's to the 20's full time for next season. Danny Armstrong and Dylan Neill are moving on though I doubt either will be strangers at the club in the future.

Elsewhere in the 20's squad, James Martin, who FIFA never allowed to register this season, has rejected the offer of a contract once he turns 18 and is moving on though it was nice to see him at the game today. Jay Munro left last week. Callum Laing and Fraser Morton, who has been on loan all season, are leaving to go to college. Adam Uphill who has also been on loan all season will however be joining the 20's squad full time next season.

Dean Brotherston, Owen Moxon and Aidan Smith are part of the first team pool so their futures are still to be sorted out along with most of the first team squad but I presume the club will intend to retain all three.

Someone above said he was number 8 ? So to avoid any doubt. Who is number 4 ? And who is number 8 ?

Both very impressive.

Sorry I thought you were asking about today's game?

Connor Murray was No 4 today (he was No 8 v Lochar in the semi final video above). Owen Moxon was No 8 today but No 4 in the semi final video. He's had a couple of sub outings for the first team this season.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Sorry I thought you were asking about today's game?

Connor Murray was No 4 today (he was No 8 v Lochar in the semi final video above). Owen Moxon was No 8 today but No 4 in the semi final video. He's had a couple of sub outings for the first team this season.

Moxon looked outstanding against Lochar, hopefully kicks on next season. Edited by Broony88

Big difference in standards. Connor Murray got a lot of space yesterday and yes looked good but for the first team I doubt he'd get that room. They've all looked decent at different times for 20s but when giving opportunity I think they've not produced for first team tbh

Big difference in standards. Connor Murray got a lot of space yesterday and yes looked good but for the first team I doubt he'd get that room. They've all looked decent at different times for 20s but when giving opportunity I think they've not produced for first team tbh

Who has been given a chance ? Moxon came on for ten minutes or so v Morton and I said at the time he looked decent in that spell. Aidan Smith can count himself very unfortunate to see practically no game time from October-May as most times I have seen him for first team he hasn't looked out of place.

Who has been given a chance ? Moxon came on for ten minutes or so v Morton and I said at the time he looked decent in that spell. Aidan Smith can count himself very unfortunate to see practically no game time from October-May as most times I have seen him for first team he hasn't looked out of place.

Smith played reasonably well at Ibrox in October. Thought he'd feature more after that game than he actually did.

There is a massive gap in standards and we do tend to run a young group where very few are even 19. However of the group involved yesterday only Aidan Smith has had any significant first team exposure and I think only Owen Moxon with about 15 mins has even been on the pitch for the first team apart from him. Its a wee bit premature to condemn them as not producing at higher level yet.

Don't think any produce anything like they have for 20s. Like has been said a while ago, don't get me wrong there's some decent players in there, but they'd all benefit from loan spells. I'd even put Jake in that bracket. Moxon tbh has never really impressed me for 20s, but he did yesterday seems to have bulked up which will do him no harm. Connor Murray is decent but needs to play it simple more, always the World Cup pass. Brotherston is very decent when he's on his game but that's not often enough for me. Evans and Nelson for me are closest out with the ones who have already been involved, Evans is solid, Nelson looks a right tricky wee player with a lovely touch, again maybe could do with bulking up a bit.

Yesterday was what I'd expect a queens 20s team to do, to a southern counties team. I seen them against Dalbeattie and tbh they struggled, and played like a bunch of jumped up so and so's. I think they'd benefit from someone like when burnsey was involved... Eddie does a good job, and is obviously keen but could do with someone who's been there and done it. Don't say Jim 🙈

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14505893.Former_footballer_threatened_to_slit_police_officer__39_s_throat__hearing_told/?ref=rl&lp=2

"Mr Lyle is alleged to have told one officer who attempted to ascertain his identity "you're getting it ya turkey" and called him "ya wee scone"."