The Queen of the South thread

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14505893.Former_footballer_threatened_to_slit_police_officer__39_s_throat__hearing_told/?ref=rl&lp=2

"Mr Lyle is alleged to have told one officer who attempted to ascertain his identity "you're getting it ya turkey" and called him "ya wee scone"."

The f**k? 😂

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14505893.Former_footballer_threatened_to_slit_police_officer__39_s_throat__hearing_told/?ref=rl&lp=2

"Mr Lyle is alleged to have told one officer who attempted to ascertain his identity "you're getting it ya turkey" and called him "ya wee scone"."

Evening Times obviously uses Soccerbase for its stats and has therefore missed his first spell with us completely.

Derek Lyle ltd  :lol:

Ya wee bovril  :lol:

Ya wee scone  :lol:

Superb

Yes, that's clearly the issue here.I've maybe been whoooshed.

Well no it clearly is not the issue. But it irritates me intensely when the press get their facts wrong by looking up lazy incomplete info. Much like it irritates you when people refer to Dumfries as being a Borders town.

It's clearly a very poorly written article, the title even refers to Lyle as a 'former footballer', despite that clearly being incorrect.

The content of the article certainly seemed worth sharing though. Del appears to be a very interesting character, to say the least.

It's clearly a very poorly written article, the title even refers to Lyle as a 'former footballer', despite that clearly being incorrect.

The content of the article certainly seemed worth sharing though. Del appears to be a very interesting character, to say the least.

I guess they've now recognised their error and updated it to "Footballer threatened to slit police officer's throat, hearing told".

Well no it clearly is not the issue. But it irritates me intensely when the press get their facts wrong by looking up lazy incomplete info. Much like it irritates you when people refer to Dumfries as being a Borders town.

Yes, but everything irritates me.

Lyle is clearly still quite the nutter.

Dumfries is close to the border no matter what way you dress it up. When I refer where I'm from, I always say the border area, it's the only way foreigners comprehend where Dumfries is situated. There is no doubt whatsoever that we are indeed a "Borders" toon! Edited by Parkgatequeens

Dumfries is close to the border no matter what way you dress it up. When I refer where I'm from, I always say the border area, it's the only way foreigners comprehend where Dumfries is situated. There is no doubt whatsoever that we are indeed a "borders" toon!

IT'S NOT IN THE BORDERS THOUGH!

Guest Flash

It's reminiscent of the old Peter Kay sketch about reconstructions on Crimewatch, when they substitute out swearing for less offensive terms.

Maybe Derek Lyle has similar sensitivities.

And he rather cleverly developed a food and beverage theme, including turkey, bovril and scone. What next? "Away ya pan fried sea bass in a white wine jus with creamy mash".

Do we not release players.Just let there contracts run out and we have to guess who is being offered new contracts

Kidd. Oliver. Russelll and Aiden Smith are the 4 I would like to see signed for next season.

Smith I would send out on loan to get experience.