The Queen of the South thread

Barbour and Todd both trained with us. Was wondering if that caddis continued to after he signed part time with Alloa?

I see on raith thread mccluskey has turned down Morton. Heading to either us or raith. Can't really remember what he's like, but Morton fans don't seem to rate him much. Would like a couple of wingers after last year, Harris looked alright for a run of 3 or 4 games thought we were getting a player then he returned to his normal shitebag self

Edited by NM_1919

Why don't you let the guy return from his holiday first and wait to see who he signs first before you start all your negativity....?

I certainly get the impression that quite few posters will be happy if Skelston fails and they can give it the big "I told you so".  He may not be the big name man that would have given us all a lift looking forward to next season but there were no actual big name men seriously linked with the job. Let's at least give him a chance before writing him off, he may just surprise us all. 

I have heard a few rumours regarding players we are after! Josh Todd Rabin Omar Mark Beck wee Dan Ross Barbour

Jeebus that'll cost a fortune to print that name on the back of a shirt

At least the referee might think twice before booking him. :lol:

It sound like a name that an avid fan might call their wean when it's christened.

Listening to stigs podcast he comes across really well and has already been contacting players so here's hoping, there is no point in moaning he has been chosen to take us forward so let's get behind him and see how he gets on.

Absolutely! There's certainly a lad up front for Workington who would fit in nicely for Queens, plus any number who might be worth investigating from the Northern League in the Durham/Newcastle/Northumberland direction . . .

I'm hoping Skelton's knowledge of the North of England transfer market could give Queens a bit of an edge with new signings.

Skelton speaks well but so did Fowler.

J.T. is more or less his assistant going to help at training and help with new signings.

Going to be with Skelton on a Sat as well.

J.T. is a great Queens man and is good at the commercial side of things but not so sure at the football side .

Did Kerr and Baird not leave because of J.T.

When J.T. was the manager of the under 19 team I could not believe some of the things he said.

Time will tell.

Skelton speaks well but so did Fowler.J.T. is more or less his assistant going to help at training and help with new signings.Going to be with Skelton on a Sat as well.J.T. is a great Queens man and is good at the commercial side of things but not so sure at the football side .Did Kerr and Baird not leave because of J.T.When J.T. was the manager of the under 19 team I could not believe some of the things he said.Time will tell.

I assume JT's wife, Victoria will be doing the commercial side. JT had a run in with Kerr at Alloa. I think Baird had already departed by then.

Scott hooper has signed up for another year, hopefully this is the year he can kick on (this might be his last chance before taking a step down)

Good to hear. He should be playing at right back if Kidd either leaves or moves to a different position. Edited by RUSTY1111

Skelton speaks well but so did Fowler. J.T. is more or less his assistant going to help at training and help with new signings. Going to be with Skelton on a Sat as well. J.T. is a great Queens man and is good at the commercial side of things but not so sure at the football side . Did Kerr and Baird not leave because of J.T. When J.T. was the manager of the under 19 team I could not believe some of the things he said. Time will tell.

In the interview on Alive it sounded like Skelton might still bring in an assistant. He said JT would be involved with the first team but didnt say he was his assistant.

I assume JT's wife, Victoria will be doing the commercial side. JT had a run in with Kerr at Alloa. I think Baird had already departed by then.

Baird left after Kerr.

Was it not Kerr that went first?

My memory might be playing up, but that's how I recall it.

It's went very quiet on the kidd front I'm not overlay fussed on him. Too hit or miss for my liking.

I thought Skelton said that he will get one but won't be rushing it.

Skelton speaks well but so did Fowler. J.T. is more or less his assistant going to help at training and help with new signings. Going to be with Skelton on a Sat as well. J.T. is a great Queens man and is good at the commercial side of things but not so sure at the football side . Did Kerr and Baird not leave because of J.T. When J.T. was the manager of the under 19 team I could not believe some of the things he said. Time will tell.

Some of the stuff was utter crap .Get an assistant in ,keep him away from the actual footballing side .

Scott hooper has signed up for another year, hopefully this is the year he can kick on (this might be his last chance before taking a step down)
I always compare Scott Hooper with Lewis Kidd.

They are about the same age but are miles apart when it comes to football.

Kidd is on a different level to Hooper a level that I don,T think Hooper will ever reach.

Sorry to say but right now Hooper is not good enough amazed that we resigned him