The Queen of the South thread

Probably not much chance of being one of the 4 best runners up, so we'll just have to win the group.

It will be interesting to see what ends up being needed to be one of the best four runners up. I'd imagine if the top two seeds draw with one another and win all the other games they'd be unlucky not to both progress with 11/10 points (one will win the bonus point for the shoot out win of course). 9 points for winning against the three non seeds would hopefully be enough? I'm presuming if there is a points tie goal difference will be used to split the sides which is a little unfair given the clubs may not have faced the same quality of opponents but hard to see what else they could do other than toss a coin.

Agree with this entirely. Wasn't realistic to expect us to be contending for a play-off position last year on our playing staff budget, and it won't be realistic next season either.

Was it unrealistic?

Did Raith Rovers' budget massively outstrip ours?

Heard he was going to pre season, after training with us? This was when we had no manager, now we've got a manager that was there while he trained with us, it might quicken things along. Certainly gets talked up, not that I've seen much off him.

That's probably the striking department sorted. If Todd was to come in would that be middle of the park? Tapping, Millar, Todd (if) then likes of jake, moxon etc to fill in when needed. Still need two wingers, right back, centre half IMO. I'd like an experienced goalie such as Paul gallacher but can't see that happening with two on our books already

Edited by NM_1919

In what way will it do them more harm? I'm all for loaning the young boys out, but I don't know what harm can come of them playing in that league.

Ask yourself this, are the likes of Hooper and Smith going to be tested enough

playing for the 20's? From what I've seen the answer is no, hence the reason

it will do them more harm than good.

To progress in any sport you have to face tougher challenges, that way you'll

be forced to push yourself more just to compete. The 20's will be like a comfort

zone for the two players named above, after all for how many years have they

played either 19's or 20's football?

Ideally they'd get loaned out so they get a taste of regular first

team football as I can't see it happening at Queens.

Ask yourself this, are the likes of Hooper and Smith going to be tested enough

playing for the 20's? From what I've seen the answer is no, hence the reason

it will do them more harm than good.

To progress in any sport you have to face tougher challenges, that way you'll

be forced to push yourself more just to compete. The 20's will be like a comfort

zone for the two players named above, after all for how many years have they

played either 19's or 20's football?

Ideally they'd get loaned out so they get a taste of regular first

team football as I can't see it happening at Queens.

Tend to agree, the boys need to get out on loan and play against men. It does them the world of good, I'm sure we'll see a difference with hooper this season after his loan spell. I thought he did alright in his couple of games, needs to be more comfortable on the ball if he's going to play full back though.

It'd do absolutely no harm to send the 3/4 players that signed on loan if possible for a couple of months even if it's scattered over the season so we don't leave ourselves short. Would benefit them no end, and would allow some of the 17s to play against older boys in the 20s, which in turn would benefit them long term.

So looking at the team so far from last season brownlee, kidd, Oliver, haven't signed yet and Hutton and beany are away respectively

Conroy is God knows where

So far we have signed rigg

Harris and murdoch have went back to there parent clubs

Again, I don't disagree that we should look to loan the young guys out. I just take exception with the idea it's "doing them harm" playing in the 20's. To an extent they may be treading water playing for the 20's, but for it to be doing them harm would suggest they were taking a step back. I don't believe that to be the case at all having watched the lads frequently this season. When I first watched them I thought it was pretty dross. Compare that to what I saw near the end of their season. They scored a goal which came after a string of about 20 passes. They would develop further playing lower league games but to say playing for the 20's is doing them harm is a major disservice to what Eddie Warwick is producing with the young lads.

Edited by 19QOS19

Again, I don't disagree that we should look to loan the young guys out. I just take exception with the idea it's "doing them harm" playing in the 20's. To an extent they may be treading water playing for the 20's, but for it to be doing them harm would suggest they were taking a step back. I don't believe that to be the case at all having watched the lads frequently this season. When I first watched them I thought it was pretty dross. Compare that to what I saw near the end of their season. They scored a goal which came after a string of about 20 passes. They would develop further playing lower league games but to say playing for the 20's is doing them harm is a major disservice to what Eddie Warwick is producing with the young lads.

It's not so much a case of doing them harm, more a case of holding them back. Where do

you think the likes of Hooper would be asked more questions on the field of play, the

likes of Queens Park or the 20's? It's a no brainer, aye?

Hooper is now 21, this for me will be a massive year for him because if he's not

made it into the starting line up by the time he's 22 how long do you give him?

I agree re lowland league and also the junior leagues would be beneficial for

some of the lads to play in, even if it was only for a few months. Good luck to

them all, let's hope they are given the opportunity to take the next step.

Phil Nixon sends a bigger shiver down my spine, gave 100% but the worst centre half I have seen in the team since the mid seventies !!!

BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a clod-hopping donkey he was