The Queen of the South thread

We paid money for Tony Wallace.

Who you ask? Exactly

It still astounds me to this day that Morton paid money for a player who had 2 good games in a season. Both of which happened to be the playoff final on BBC Alba.

He could barely get into our side all year and was forced to start on the wing during those games due to injury.

Too much is made of Oliver's "transfer fee" if you ask me.  Is the reality not that we negotiated a development fee plus Oliver for Gavin Reilly, rather than an outright £5k spent on Oliver?  Presumably Hearts would be due a development fee anyway given Oliver's age?  I know it's swings and roundabouts, but it paints the story more accurately than the notion that Fowler went out and splashed money left, right and centre on a transfer splurge.  If anything I'd guess he was working on a reduced budget from previous years.

Just because it isn't splashed across Sky Sports News doesn't mean that money doesn't change hands between clubs at this level.  I'd bet it happens more often than folk think.

Jamie Hamill on way in i hear. Ex hearts and killie

Would be a good addition. When he was back at Killie for his 2nd spell he said he'd not drop down to Championship level when I mentioned Queens. Must have changed his mind. Never really featured in his 2nd spell at Rugby Park.

Jamie Hamill on way in i hear. Ex hearts and killie

Has looked pretty awful in the premiership for about the past four years, could of course be a touch of the Mark Kerrs and just not physically capable at that level. Surely he's joining brother Locke at Raith rovers as they rebuild the hearts relegation team?

It still astounds me to this day that Morton paid money for a player who had 2 good games in a season. Both of which happened to be the playoff final on BBC Alba.

He could barely get into our side all year and was forced to start on the wing during those games due to injury.

Thing is, that's only the third worst transaction of the Rae era.

We paid transfer fees for Kieran McAnespie and Iain Diack. Shite as he is, Wallace isn't as embarrassing as them.

Lewis Kidd signing for Airdrie 2 year deal.I wonder why Queens rarely give a ,2 year deal

Seriously? Kidds better than that i wpuld say. Hope queens get him signed up.

Lewis Kidd signing for Airdrie 2 year deal.I wonder why Queens rarely give a ,2 year deal

Surely not the lad is very much a championship player, very dissapointing we can't keep a hold of a young but experienced player!