The Queen of the South thread

Hamill has been on trial at Shrewsbury Town (where Ian Black is captain) but hopefully he'll sign for Queens.

Hope he signs. Decent player. Dont think he is on trial at moment as no club is currently training due to close season. Might have been tale end of last season though Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

So did i. Talking about him earlier and i said 33/34 till i checked and seen hes not even 30 yet.

I was surprised he wasn't in his early 30's. Seems to have been around a while.

Sorry if this has been asked before. How did Alex Harris get on this season?

Harris was a bit hot and cold last season. His best game was when he scored vs. St Mirren at Palmerston in the 1-0 win (Saints won the other 3 league games). Harris could have scored a hat-trick in the 2nd half that day. I'd hope to have him back on loan and also Murdoch from Rangers also with any luck. Edited by RUSTY1111

Why do we not sign players on 2 year contracts.Both goalkeepers are in year 2 of a 2 year deal but outfield players always get 1 year.We seem to be missing out on players as other clubs give out 2 year deals.

Take Lewis Kidd for example.

Offered a 2 year deal at Airdrie 1 year deal with us.

Players are always going to sign the 2 year deal as it gives them the security of 2 years wages.

Why do we not sign players on 2 year contracts.Both goalkeepers are in year 2 of a 2 year deal but outfield players always get 1 year.We seem to be missing out on players as other clubs give out 2 year deals.Take Lewis Kidd for example.Offered a 2 year deal at Airdrie 1 year deal with us.Players are always going to sign the 2 year deal as it gives them the security of 2 years wages.

Has Kidd accepted the deal yet from Airdrieonians?

Why do we not sign players on 2 year contracts.Both goalkeepers are in year 2 of a 2 year deal but outfield players always get 1 year.We seem to be missing out on players as other clubs give out 2 year deals.Take Lewis Kidd for example.Offered a 2 year deal at Airdrie 1 year deal with us.Players are always going to sign the 2 year deal as it gives them the security of 2 years wages.

I don't understand the step down though, if wages are similar and what's looking an intriguing championship why would you want to play @ Albion and Stranraer over Hibs and Dundee Utd.

Would be a strange move for an extra years security at his age.

I don't understand the step down though, if wages are similar and what's looking an intriguing championship why would you want to play @ Albion and Stranraer over Hibs and Dundee Utd.

Would be a strange move for an extra years security at his age.

That's what I was thinking. I can see Russell's reckoning with his family loyalty to Airdrieonians thru Ian McMillan (his Papa) and his age of 33 in obtaining a two year deal. Edited by RUSTY1111

Big thank you to the 113 Queens Trust members signed up already. Getting closer to our 180 target. By becoming a Trust member you:

Support the work of the trust. Promoting QOS (match posters, football events etc) helping where we can (Sponsorship, youth tournaments)

As a member you become part owner of the shares in Queens held by the Trust (904 at present) and can therefore attend the QOS AGM

We will do a draw from members to win 1 of 5 Qos season tickets 1 adult 2 senior 2 junior blue

If there is a vote on any matter each member (over 18) will get 1 vote

Your name will be listed on our members page on our website (unless request for it not to be)

Don't delay, please join today!

Edited by JTulip

Queens dont publish a released list, so theres no way of knowing

The Tele reporting he was offered a 2 year extension and we paid a small compensation fee for him.

Also knocked back st Mirren and Plymouth.