The Queen of the South thread

I think that's a rather pessimistic view.

Holt did alright did he not? He seemed to be playing most weeks.

Durnan I still feel can turn it around. Let's face it United's problems last season go deeper than Mark Durnan. If he is surplus to requirements at Tannadice then someone is going to get themselves a very good player who will be a year older and wiser from his experiences.

Carmichael's season was basically written off by injury. When he was fit he featured and I'm sure will be better placed to establish himself this campaign with a pre-season behind him.

Reilly played more than I perhaps expected given we all acknowledged his jump was probably the biggest. He's still young enough, and a season at Dunfermline won't do him any harm.

Holt's done ok, right enough I suppose, although he struggled in certain games and his team achieved less than it might have.

I'm not having a go at guys like Carmichael and Reilly and I'm not giving up on Durnan, although he was widely held to be one of the more culpable on field figures in a disastrous season for his club.

The reality is that three of last season's departures are now going to line up in this division again next season. Football wise, it's not gone great for them and it makes the filleting of our best side in a long time last summer, a bit more regrettable.

Holt's done ok, right enough I suppose, although he struggled in certain games and his team achieved less than it might have. I'm not having a go at guys like Carmichael and Reilly and I'm not giving up on Durnan, although he was widely held to be one of the more culpable on field figures in a disastrous season for his club. The reality is that three of last season's departures are now going to line up in this division again next season. Football wise, it's not gone great for them and it makes the filleting of our best side in a long time last summer, a bit more regrettable.

It is a bit disapointing how things have pannes out so far but they are young enough to take a step back to go forward again

Reilly played more than I perhaps expected given we all acknowledged his jump was probably the biggest. He's still young enough, and a season at Dunfermline won't do him any harm.

It was the biggest in terms of club size / expectation level etc. Not sure in practice that there is that much quality difference between the current teams of Hearts, Dundee and County though. Or even St Johnstone if we are including Clark in this. Hearts are the best of those sides but not hugely so.

I think this move is a little strange and for us disappointing. To sign on loan for a year this early with the window only opening four days ago suggests both he and Hearts have accepted he isnt going to feature this year. You would have thought he/they would have seen how he did in pre-season/August before writing off the season.

Disappointed Gavin is back in the Championship and not with us. I would imagine his previous spell working with Johnston and Clark plus the fact he now lives in Edinburgh are both factors in it. Both AJ and Sandy will have good contacts at Hearts too, both being ex players there. I would rather not have him playing against us.

It was the biggest in terms of club size / expectation level etc. Not sure in practice that there is that much quality difference between the current teams of Hearts, Dundee and County though. Or even St Johnstone if we are including Clark in this. Hearts are the best of those sides but not hugely so.

I think this move is a little strange and for us disappointing. To sign on loan for a year this early with the window only opening four days ago suggests both he and Hearts have accepted he isnt going to feature this year. You would have thought he/they would have seen how he did in pre-season/August before writing off the season.

Disappointed Gavin is back in the Championship and not with us. I would imagine his previous spell working with Johnston and Clark plus the fact he now lives in Edinburgh are both factors in it. Both AJ and Sandy will have good contacts at Hearts too, both being ex players there. I would rather not have him playing against us.

Leaving Clark at St Johnstone aside (because he was never ours and it suits my argument to do so) I think it always looked difficult for Reilly because of where he plays and the other options Hearts had there.

We imagined that the likes of McShane, Holt and Durnan would probably start the season in clear pole position at their new clubs. That never really looked particularly likely to be the case for Reilly.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Hearts finished third last season. Nine points ahead of St Johnstone and seventeen ahead of Dundee and Ross County.

Super support for the Queens Trust from the Blue Army! We are now at 156 members meaning we have beaten last years number of 155. Now to go for our target of 180! Please help us reach our target. Don't delay join today!

At just £10 adults and £5 all concessions it is the same price as it was 12 years ago. Just one week left to be in with the chance of winning a QOS season ticket! Join now so don't miss out. Thank you for the great support so far.

Leaving Clark at St Johnstone aside (because he was never ours and it suits my argument to do so) I think it always looked difficult for Reilly because of where he plays and the other options Hearts had there.

We imagined that the likes of McShane, Holt and Durnan would probably start the season in clear pole position at their new clubs. That never really looked particularly likely to be the case for Reilly.

Yes I accept thats fair.

Hearts finished third last season. Nine points ahead of St Johnstone and seventeen ahead of Dundee and Ross County.

I know they did and I accepted they were the best of those sides. They got a tremendous start though and rode it to third. And County barely kicked a ball after they won the League Cup. Just saying whilst they are better than those other clubs, I dont think its a massive class gap. Monkey Tennis' point is fair though, Reilly's position makes nailing down a spot more difficult.

Brilliant, we don't play with wing backs.

I'd disagree to an extent. Our shape is a flat 4-4-2 at times but our width in attack normally comes from Leahy down the left. The only reason we don't have it down the right is due to Muirhead predominantly being a centre back who struggles to going forward.

Can any Queens fan give a decent analysis of Kidd?

Edited by wee_bairn

Kidd is not the best defensively but has still improved massively in that aspect over the last season. He likes to get forward and provides a very good outlet down the right flank and delivers a brilliant quality of cross on a regular basis. He tends to stick to the basics rather than launch aimless punts which is a good quality. He is getting better at running with the ball and taking folk on but can still improve slightly on this aspect, especially when cutting inside. Overall I would say he will be a very shrewd signing especially given the fact he has only just turned 21 and will improve even more in time