The Queen of the South thread

Back before Hampden was redeveloped ( don't know what the capacity was but I've been to Scotland games with over 100,000 ) they would open the whole ground, not just a wee bit of one stand for Queens Park league games.

It really was like spot the fans

Never been to Hampden for a QP home game. It will be like a ghost stadium. They should use Lesser Hampden.

No point in going to Hampden then!

I wouldn't say it wasn't worth the trip. It's just really strange being in such a large stadium where you can hear the players shouting at each other, the managers shouting at the players and the fans shouting at everyone.

I wouldn't say it wasn't worth the trip. It's just really strange being in such a large stadium where you can hear the players shouting at each other, the managers shouting at the players and the fans shouting at everyone.

I'll be going anyway. Lol

Not to mention the hardest working ball boys in Scotland.

Morton have signed Gary Oliver on a 2 year deal. Opinions?

He was used out wide probably more than he would have liked and was largely woeful with little end product or ability to beat a man.  In the games I saw his decision making was pretty poor.  Opting to keep hold of the ball when there was a better option, or vice versa.

I tend to think given an extended run up front he might have faired better.  He might prove to be a good foil for Denny Johnstone (no idea if he's staying with you guys or not) in a traditional sort of "big man/wee man" partnership.

I don't view him as a huge loss but he could prove to be a decent signing for you.

Heard this the other day. Definitely has potential but slows game down too much for me, duffys nephew I'm told so not surprised

No real surprise in joining his uncle at Greenock. Edited by RUSTY1111

He was used out wide probably more than he would have liked and was largely woeful with little end product or ability to beat a man.  In the games I saw his decision making was pretty poor.  Opting to keep hold of the ball when there was a better option, or vice versa.

I tend to think given an extended run up front he might have faired better.  He might prove to be a good foil for Denny Johnstone (no idea if he's staying with you guys or not) in a traditional sort of "big man/wee man" partnership.

I don't view him as a huge loss but he could prove to be a decent signing for you.

Kind of this, although Id rather he wasnt lining up against us next season

Bags of potential but never really did enough to suggest he should be starting more. Plenty of skill and a bit of pace but decision making and finishing too often let him down.

I'd have kept him to see if Skelton could get any more out of him but I'm not that bothered he's going.

Guest Flash

Difficult to know how good Oliver is because he played a lot of games out wide which didn't really suit him.

It was pretty obvious that Fowler didn't really fancy him as a striker choosing to play Pickard several times and, on one occasion, Kidd ahead of him.

Kind of this, although Id rather he wasnt lining up against us next season

Bags of potential but never really did enough to suggest he should be starting more. Plenty of skill and a bit of pace but decision making and finishing too often let him down.

I'd have kept him to see if Skelton could get any more out of him but I'm not that bothered he's going.

Nail on head Mr X. I was pleased when he joined us but i was getting more and more disappointed as the season went on. Like you i dont really want to see him lining up against us next season.There is potential there though.

He has two first names as a full name so on that basis I would only have given him a one year deal.

At least you didn't fork out £5K for him <_<

It's no wonder our board are reluctant to give manager's funds to buy players. Oliver and Armstrong both being a huge waste of money. Though I don't blame Oliver as he wasn't given a fair crack up front IMO.

At least you didn't fork out £5K for him <_<

It's no wonder our board are reluctant to give manager's funds to buy players. Oliver and Armstrong both being a huge waste of money. Though I don't blame Oliver as he wasn't given a fair crack up front IMO.

We paid money for Tony Wallace.

Who you ask? Exactly