The Queen of the South thread

Bollan wants the job - link.

Bit strange that STV have had all the "scoops" on Queens of late considering they don't even broadcast in Dumfries.

What scoops have they had that Johnny Hope hasn't provided them with directly? Consortium stuff and Bollan (whose agent is Hope) are the only two I've noted.

Andrew Burns at The Standard were first to report MacPherson's departure yesterday for instance.

What scoops have they had that Johnny Hope hasn't provided them with directly? Consortium stuff and Bollan (whose agent is Hope) are the only two I've noted.

Andrew Burns at The Standard were first to report MacPherson's departure yesterday for instance.

Yep just those two, which is two more than they have ever had before (that I can remember anyway).

"Queen of the South manager Gus MacPherson says he and assistant Andy Millen will not resign their posts amid speculation of a club takeover..... MacPherson said: "Under no circumstances will we resign."

BBC Scotland website 14 April 2012.

"I had a chat with the board six weeks ago and told them it would be my intention to resign" MacPherson told BBC Scotland.

BBC Scotland website 30 April 2012.

That's like something from an "Ooh fancy that!" corner in Private Eye.

Yep just those two, which is two more than they have ever had before (that I can remember anyway).

Yes, take the point, just pointing out it's quite clear Hope has called them direct with these two stories and that's why they got them. It's not some new investigative interest in a club outwith their viewing area from STV.

Mmmm not the first name that sprang to mind (despite all the recent shenanigans) but Gary Bollan did have two very successful seasons at Livingston. We could certainly do a lot worse.

Would Bollan not end up signing his pal's players. A kind of dodgy takeover-lite?

Yes, that looks like the worry now.

At face value, Bollan wouldn't seem such a bad idea, but given that he was meant to be getting installed by the dodgy sounding group attempting a takeover, I don't really see how he can be taken at face value.

His agent said that Bollan didn't have a budget but won promotion twice. Livi were full time in both divisions and romped them both as a result! Not exactly what I would call a surprise those two promotions.

Would Bollan not end up signing his pal's players. A kind of dodgy takeover-lite?

I wondered the same. Was Hope Bollan's agent whilst he was at Livingston? This is mere speculation but was Bollan signing Hope represented players for Livingston instead of promoting from the Youth team and that was why he was punted? Maybe a Livi fan could tell us what the gossip/exact detail of his departure was?

Will this put off potential players? Only time will tell.

Am I correct in saying that it has in the past? Maybe we're moving back to a policy of signing players from Northern England? What is John Connolly up to these days? There is a man who knows how to win the 2nd Division.

Just to be clear, it does NOT say we're moving training back to Dumfries, it says discussions have taken place with the Council with a view to what can be done about providing facilities in Dumfries. That's not quite the same thing and facilities aren't going to magically appear overnight. Billy's quote says discussions are at an early stage.

Edited by Skyline Drifter